Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching music from one ipod to another.

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently bought a new ipod and want to transfer music from one to another. They are both ipod classics. I don't have any music saved on my laptop, just have all the songs saved on the ipod. How can I transfer the songs.? thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No music on your hard drive? How did you get them on the iPod in the first place? You need itunes to get them on there in the first place usually. If you do have itunes and your music library on a PC, simply sync your new ipod up to it and transfer the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fmoy

Thanks for the reply. I uploaded the music onto a different laptop four years ago, the harddrive broke down then so I only have the music on the ipod. Can I sync the music from one ipod to another on itunes as I would like to have songs on both ipods.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

sharepod

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Adam wrote: »
    sharepod

Sounds like that is exactly what is needed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Lots of software out there for doing that. If you want to keep playlists and star ratings in tact only some programs do it. But look for programs like Senuti, CopyTrans, Floola, Yamipod, iRip and Sharepod as mentioned above.

Good guide here: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/9463-comparison-of-ipod-iphone-ipad-backup-software

• Advertisement
Advertisement