Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new bundle

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just reading through my bill and see that I've been switched over to ngb however the bundle I've been put on doesn't make sense.

It has me on the Eircom Talktime Talker with NGB Basic but I am being charged €56.03. According to the website this should be €51.78 and the next package (with 30gb allowance) is €56.75.

The 10gb doesn't seem to be sufficient according to the usage meter but am reluctant to change to the 30gb if I'm already being over charged.

I am also now likely to go over my monthly limit but as I was not given the option of which ngb product to use or told when I would be switched over I am very unhappy.

I would appreciate if someone could look in to the matter for me. I will pm the mods my account number.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

the 56.03e u are p;ayin could be that the xtra few quid is a add on, have u call waitin or call answering????this is about 3/4e on top or ur bill, 10 gig is a lot, if u are only downloading, say 10 movies a month,its plenty, however, dont 4get u can go on eircom music hub and stream as many songs as u want free......and wont affect ur usage allowance, ngb is upgraded free and u wont be notified u will just see faster speeds.if u downgrade ur package it will cost 20e, there is only 1 ngb product thats the 8 gig as standard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

sept09baby wrote: »
    Hi,

Just reading through my bill and see that I've been switched over to ngb however the bundle I've been put on doesn't make sense.

It has me on the Eircom Talktime Talker with NGB Basic but I am being charged €56.03. According to the website this should be €51.78 and the next package (with 30gb allowance) is €56.75.

The 10gb doesn't seem to be sufficient according to the usage meter but am reluctant to change to the 30gb if I'm already being over charged.

I am also now likely to go over my monthly limit but as I was not given the option of which ngb product to use or told when I would be switched over I am very unhappy.

I would appreciate if someone could look in to the matter for me. I will pm the mods my account number.

Regards

Hi sept09baby,

I checked your bill and you are on the talktime talker call package and the NGB basic package. However they are not part of a bundle package.

In regards to the migration to the Next Generation broadband before being moved to the NGB. The letter gave a free phone number to upgrade if the customer chose to.

Did you request to be on a bundle package at any stage?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking in to this.

I received a telesales call some time ago (more than a year I think) to see if I was happy with the service. It was at this stage I was offered a bundle and advised to switch to Talktime Talker (with mobile calls). You will probably be able to see from your records when this was - it is so long ago I am not sure.

I thought I was on a bundle since that call - I did not verify the price online at the time.

With regards to the data allowance on the NGB bundle - can you confirm that my billing month starts on the 10th? My usage meter was showing 64% this morning which does not seem correct. I do use the web a lot but don't download music or videos or watch anything (such as youtube) online. In fact the only thing I've downloaded recently is the usage meter and the .net framework needed for it.

Regards

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking in to this.

I received a telesales call some time ago (more than a year I think) to see if I was happy with the service. It was at this stage I was offered a bundle and advised to switch to Talktime Talker (with mobile calls). You will probably be able to see from your records when this was - it is so long ago I am not sure.

I thought I was on a bundle since that call - I did not verify the price online at the time.

With regards to the data allowance on the NGB bundle - can you confirm that my billing month starts on the 10th? My usage meter was showing 64% this morning which does not seem correct. I do use the web a lot but don't download music or videos or watch anything (such as youtube) online. In fact the only thing I've downloaded recently is the usage meter and the .net framework needed for it.

Regards

Hi sept09baby,

Thanks for getting back to me I will look into the call history on the account and check out the usage billing cycles and I will get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

.... u can go on eircom music hub and stream as many songs as u want free......and wont affect ur usage allowance...

eehhh yea it will. anything you do on the internet will count towards your upload and download allowance

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

I was wondering if there is any update on this?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

I was wondering if there is any update on this?

Thanks

Hi sept09baby,

I sent a request to see if we have a record of the call requesting to be put on the bundle package. However gieven the time frame I could not find a record of the call.

However I can issue the bundle on the account and I can issue a credit for the difference between the standard price and the bundle price for the last six months.

Also if you place the order online for the talktime talker and the NGB basic bundle there is an online prtomton worth a saving.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/

If you would prefer I can issue the order without the saving so the standard fee per month will be €51.78 per month.

The bundle discount for the 6 month time-frame is €42.93. Let me know if you want me to change the package or order it online.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks but I am going to switch providers.

Nothing to do with the customer service but the usage limits are unrealistic and the pricing uncompetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Im kinda lost with this new NGB. I got a call from eircom on tuesday saying that i went over the 10 g limit by 3gigs or so and i opted to add the extra 5 euro to get the 30 gig limit.

I just added the usage meter about 5 mins ago and im on 105% usage now even though i aint been online all weekend so unless the 30gig thing hasnt happened yet or something.

Im kinda wish i could have my old broadband bundle back,never had any of these stupid charges before. Thing is,i didnt sign up for the NGB either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Im kinda lost with this new NGB. I got a call from eircom on tuesday saying that i went over the 10 g limit by 3gigs or so and i opted to add the extra 5 euro to get the 30 gig limit.

I just added the usage meter about 5 mins ago and im on 105% usage now even though i aint been online all weekend so unless the 30gig thing hasnt happened yet or something.

Im kinda wish i could have my old broadband bundle back,never had any of these stupid charges before. Thing is,i didnt sign up for the NGB either :(

Hi discobreaker,
    yes that does sound odd. It is possible new usage has not been activeated on account yet. If you PM me your tel no. I can investigate this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Hi discobreaker,
    yes that does sound odd. It is possible new usage has not been activeated on account yet. If you PM me your tel no. I can investigate this for you.
    Tony

Cool stuff. PM on the way :)

Thanks but I am going to switch providers.

Nothing to do with the customer service but the usage limits are unrealistic and the pricing uncompetitive

Hi sept09baby,

There is two other NGB broadband bundle packages available the unlimited usage package will only be an extra €10 a month.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks but with the change to NGB there has been no increase in speed and now I'm going to have to pay extra for my usual broadband usage.

1117468808.png

1117471767.png

I'm going to get a 40gb allowance for more than €15 cheaper than what I'm paying now

Thanks but with the change to NGB there has been no increase in speed and now I'm going to have to pay extra for my usual broadband usage.

1117468808.png

1117471767.png

I'm going to get a 40gb allowance for more than €15 cheaper than what I'm paying now

Hi sept09baby,

Fair enough, if you do have any queries in the future let us know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement