Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Design Question

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey.. Im in the middle of a Vis Com degree at the moment and have been asked to design a logo for a small business.. I know what to do research and design wise but I dunno how much should I charge considering Im not finished my degree?? Its only a small business, the logo will be appearing on business cards, the company website and a big sign at the front of the company so I really have no idea how much I should be chargeing and don't wanna sell myself short :confused:

Would be really greatful for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Estimate how many hours it will take.
    Pick an hourly rate.
    Multiply them.
    Add 20% buffer.
    Voila.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Will you be able to supply it as a vector image, create separations, do the technical stuff? If you can, fine, in your situation for an agreed logo presented with all colour references, files in all required formats etc, around €200/€250. That's not a lot but it will be useful in your portfolio and reflects the fact that they are asking a student to do the job. You will put in a lot more time that that reflects, but you will still be working fairly slowly.

Unfortunately too many people think that if they create something in Photoshop they have designed a logo, but the business would then have to pay someone to do the rest of the work.

No-one ever 'just' wants a logo for a business card and a website. To do the sign for the building will require a good vector, then they will want to send it for a newspaper ad, then a brochure on a background colour, then a single colour one for invoices, maybe others for products, and so on. A good logo design presentation is a folder of all these options.

Advertisement