Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel DP55KG won't boot.. DOA

Options
  • 19-01-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've just gotten around to building a new rig with using Intels DP55KG board.

The problem now is that it won't boot. When I power up I get no output on screen with the POST code "4F".. it hangs for a moment and the power just cycles. This happens until I switch it off.

I've checked the POST codes from the documentation and "4F" is reserved for future use.

I've had a quick google and two people posted comments on a review site with the same problem. They got replacement boards on the grouds of DOA from Intel.

Is anybody aware of the RMA procedure for Intel. The board was bought through the Employee program via a friend.

Has anybody heard about this problem?

Any advice would be appreicated..

Cheers!!

Advertisement