Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

air support helicopter

Options
  • 19-01-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

anyone know why the police chopper is flying around rush, its over my house the last few mins keepin me awake.
    hope its nothing too serious, it went for a few mins but is back now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

<snip>

edit: Hearsay about an elderly gentleman's house being broken into and then him beaten. Hearsay being the keyword there.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

<snip>

edit: Hearsay about an elderly gentleman's house being broken into and then him beaten. Hearsay being the keyword there.

heard this too, but not confirmed. also heard that some robberies happening around the area too.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've removed some posts from this thread after deliberately misleading information was posted. If it happens again - lenghty (& I mean lengthy) bans will be given.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

<snip>

heard this too, but not confirmed. also heard that some robberies happening around the area too.:mad:

I can cofirm a house was broken into and a person in that house got a bit of a hiding. Thankfully he is ok. Luckly his dad did not get hit as he would be in his 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

thats just horible, im a big believer in alarms ect and i wonder did he have one and if so was it switched on.

some of my posts were deleted, im not sure why cause i didnt post anything misleading :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Poor form, I hope whoever did this gets caught or at least has their ass handed to them by some vigilantes. At least the aul lad didnt get touched, thats a plus.

This is about the 4th robbery in Rush over the last few weeks. I dread turning on the news some morning to hear some elderley person got badly beaten and robbed. This can really do in their confidence.

What is amazing is the amount of people on the streets at all hours of the night, every night. I meet people coming home when I am walking up the road at 4.50-55 each morning. Some a bit worse for ware after a lengthly session but some are also very young, well under 18.

All we can really do is keep an eye on our elderley neighbours and watch out for strange cars or vans about the place and report anything suspicious to the Gardái. Take down reg numbers and type colour of any strange cars/vans/people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

^^^

i find the gardai are quite responsive to these calls. dont think you are annoying the gards with these calls. its their job !!

Martron wrote: »
    ^^^

i find the gardai are quite responsive to these calls. dont think you are annoying the gards with these calls. its their job !!

Agree. I think the Gardái we have around this area/district are very good. They need the cooperation from everyone to solve these type of crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    Agree. I think the Gardái we have around this area/district are very good. They need the cooperation from everyone to solve these type of crimes.

Just get a gun licence, saves the state the prison fees and removes the genes from the gene pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

blood is awful hard to get out of the carpet though!

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Just get a gun licence, saves the state the prison fees and removes the genes from the gene pool.

Fck the licence:) Cleaning the gene pool is far more important
    Martron wrote: »
    blood is awful hard to get out of the carpet though!

But it will wash off tar or cement so shoot them outside

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK guys, I appreciate some of the recent comments have been made in jest, but can we cut-out anything that could be perceived as advocating violence, or encouraging anyone to take the law into their own hands

Thanks

Beasty

Advertisement