Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't we allowed slag fat people?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

If you cant joke about yourself i feel sorry and hungry for you.

Jimmy cant walk outside these days as each step he takes shows up 9 on the Rictor scale!

James is so fat, he shows up on radar.

Sarah is so fat when she stepped on the scale it said, "To be continued."

yore ma is so fat, when she broke her leg, gravy poured out!

People answer the door to you're fat kid on hallowen saying "Trick or Meatloaf!"

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Darlughda wrote: »
    Are you that desperate to find some group in society that you can despise or deride?

How insecure and fúcked up are you?

Just because it is a popular notion to despise overweight people, and somehow 'justify' this nastiness by saying its their own fault, the truth is its not as black and white as that.

The fact that you have a problem with this shows what a desperate character you must have scrabbling for a hate group, to feel better about your pathetic existence.

What is your daily diet like OP?

How much drink to you honestly have each week?

I am slim, by sheer luck, not through effort, discipline, good diet and excercise. I know many others who struggle with being overweight and they are very careful with their diet and excercise regularly.

I am sick and tired of seeing overweight people being abused by people, because somehow its considered acceptable.

How much excercise do you take?

Why haven't you given up cigarettes?

TL;DR

You want fries with that, fatty?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Ghandee wrote: »
    As stated above, it can be a sickness, would you slag someone with say Downs Syndrome, or some one in a wheel chair?

Downs syndrome and in most cases people in whellchairs are not sick, Downs syndrome is a genetic syndrome that is there at birth and cant be changed, paralysed people cant change this fact-Fat people can change and in terms of sicness if they are sick its Mental sickness that can also be cured.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I don't see the need to slag overweight people but what gets up my nose is that we aren't supposed to say that being overweight (unless down to a medical condition) is the person's responsibility. You're not supposed to say that the only way to stop being over weight is to eat less and exercise more. Que loads of aggro from people telling you that they do eat healthy and it's just their natural body weight or that it's not as simple as eating less, exercising more. Rubbish. I've been overweight and the only way I stopped being overweight was taking control of my diet and lifestyle.

Another annoying thing is when overweight people tend to look down on slim people with the attitude of "I enjoy food, I'm not going to deny myself food just to be slim". Newsflash, you can still eat nice tasting food, just don't eat enough for three people! Losing weight was great. Not only did I look better, I no longer felt sluggish or out of breath walking up stairs and I am a lot more motivated to do things. If you are happy being overweight that's fine but don't assume that slimmer people are too busy counting the calories in their salad washed down with a glass of water to enjoy food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ghandee wrote: »
    I'm lucky enough not to be over weight also.
    I don't ever find the need to slag over weight people though.

As stated above, it can be a sickness, would you slag someone with say Downs Syndrome, or some one in a wheel chair?

I frequently slag off a person in a wheel chair, in fact she's one of my best friends and has been since the age of 15.

Just because someone's in a wheelchair doesn't mean you should treat them any differently to someone who's not.

She also makes jokes about my being very tall, my blonde beard.

I also make jokes at overweight friends, black friends, polish friends and they all slag me off as well.

As for the whole glandular thing, it's mostly nonsense used by people who are to lazy to get off their asses and do something to change their weight and get healthy.
    I'm sick of seeing people blame society, glands and other crap, when it usually comes down to complete and utter laziness and lack of self control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Women can be vicious

A pretty slim girl joins your office and you hear comments of "skinny bitch"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Looks like some fat bastard ate all the replies between February and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

mikemac wrote: »
    Women can be vicious

A pretty slim girl joins your office and you hear comments of "skinny bitch"

i was at the vending machine the other day in work when one guy goes "i hate you skinny b*tches that can eat what ever you like"
    eh.... i said nothing. now i don't really eat a lot of rubbish ie choc,crisps etc. and i do watch what i eat, bring in my own lunch to work, go walking at lunch time. try and lead a fairly healthyish lifestyle. but i don't appreciate being called a skinny b*itch. i wouldn't say "hey fatty step away from the vending machine"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

I was heavy , but that was because I ate too much junk food etc and wasn't exercising.

Now I'm in the healthy BMI range because I gave up everything bad , no exceptions , and started going to the gym and generally leading a better lifestyle, which is easier since i don't smoke and rarely drink.

Shock and horror . Exercising and a good diet will cause you to lose weight.

People are too lazy and buy calorie packed pre-packaged food and can't be arsed going to the gym or getting exercise everyday or every second day.

It's hard no doubt. But it's not a big enough excuse to hide behind methinks. If you're lazy and eat too much you will put on weight and quick fixes aren't the way to get rid of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

I am a little heavy myself and I agree it is out of laziness and eating crap food.

Alcohol is a major contributor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

I am a little heavy myself and I agree it is out of laziness and eating crap food.

Alcohol is a major contributor.

you're not fat friend you're bones maybe tho

cosmicfart wrote: »
    you're not fat friend you're bones maybe tho

I have one fat bone... the rest is just fat. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Oxenhandler

The Irish are unlike the Americans when it comes to fat. In America, it is highly offensive to comment on a persons weight. But when I was in Ireland in 1979, and I was a fat teenager, the first thing anyone said to me was "You're fat."

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Because YOU are a disgusting FAT BODY.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Why aren't you allowed slag people?

Well how about you try? And see what happens when you slag the wrong fat person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭needadvi

Childish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭IQDENIED

Fat guy started on, wow parody watch this and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

needadvi wrote: »
    Childish!

You want MENSA then Google it, this is AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

leggo wrote: »
    I'm highly aware that this might hit a nerve...if it can find one. But why the **** aren't we allowed ridicule fat people?

I write this after hearing a funny clip on Loose Women where they were 'congratulating' some bird on getting a gastric bypass. Well done...you paid money to pretend you hadn't eaten. But whatever. The host turns around and says, "Well can I get a round of applause for never getting fat in the first place?"

I'm a smoker (and no bodybuilder myself either for the record...I'd be open to the odd slagging no doubt) and every day I hear "You're doing it to yourself", "You're going to die young" and so on.

But say that to a fat person and, woah betide, **** hits the fan.

If anything we should be jealous of them. I love Domino's. I wish I had eaten as much of it in my lifetime as they have.

Just a thought.

Interesting points, OP. But those in glass houses...

Yes - this is you: Leggo - aka Gerrard Legget, aka Rick O' Shea, aka Ragin' Rick.
    http://www.communityvoice.ie/pages/CV129/CV129c07.htm
    DJ on Pheonix FM & part time Pro Wrestler.

Yes - this is you: Leggo - aka Gerrard Legget, aka Rick O' Shea, aka Ragin' Rick.

LOL.

• Advertisement

My Dad once told me, Never EVER laugh at somebody else, because TODAY it's them and TOMORROW its you.

You will also notice that all those fat girls that are laughed at eventually lose weight and look much better than the average girl does.
    You will also notice the guys that called those girls pigs will be chasing them once the weight is gone.

But don't they know, when the weight goes, the girls feelings remain and she remembers all those ignorant comments that were made and those guys will be the ones that lose out.

People can run around the block lose all the weight and look super sexy, but as for those people who laugh and point at others, how will they lose their ignorance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

HA FAT!

My Dad once told me, Never EVER laugh at somebody else, because TODAY it's them and TOMORROW its you.

You will also notice that all those fat girls that are laughed at eventually lose weight and look much better than the average girl does.
    You will also notice the guys that called those girls pigs will be chasing them once the weight is gone.

But don't they know, when the weight goes, the girls feelings remain and she remembers all those ignorant comments that were made and those guys will be the ones that lose out.

People can run around the block lose all the weight and look super sexy, but as for those people who laugh and point at others, how will they lose their ignorance?

Yeah but shed have Never bothered to lose that weight if the guy hadnt slag her.

She should thank him with a BJ in my opinion.

Now, as i was saying...."HA FAT!"

I'm sure girls don't lose weight just coz some drunkard called them fat. Probably the doctor pestering them to do it and they give in.

My husband says its guys like you who have no Gfs and can never get a good looking girl and you will be going around bragging and slagging.

I'm sure girls don't lose weight just coz some drunkard called them fat. Probably the doctor pestering them to do it and they give in.

My husband says its guys like you who have no Gfs and can never get a good looking girl and you will be going around bragging and slagging.

1. He knows ME? :eek:
    2. He should do his research
    3. You agree?

Lighten up - its AH and Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm highly aware that this might hit a nerve...if it can find one. But why the **** aren't we allowed ridicule fat people?

I write this after hearing a funny clip on Loose Women where they were 'congratulating' some bird on getting a gastric bypass. Well done...you paid money to pretend you hadn't eaten. But whatever. The host turns around and says, "Well can I get a round of applause for never getting fat in the first place?"

I'm a smoker (and no bodybuilder myself either for the record...I'd be open to the odd slagging no doubt) and every day I hear "You're doing it to yourself", "You're going to die young" and so on.

But say that to a fat person and, woah betide, **** hits the fan.

If anything we should be jealous of them. I love Domino's. I wish I had eaten as much of it in my lifetime as they have.

Just a thought.

Haha, you'll note in the quote you used I also said I'd be open to the odd slagging myself. I can take it as well as I give it (****, feel free to get some more material from the links in my sig if you wish)

Which is my bone of contention with, say, a large person who'd condascend a smoker for harming themselves.

Now, mysterious poster behind an alias, I wonder if you'd leave yourself open to the same treatment? Sounds like you know me personally, and yet, I've no idea who you are. Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Haha, you'll note in the quote you used I also said I'd be open to the odd slagging myself. I can take it as well as I give it (****, feel free to get some more material from the links in my sig if you wish)

Which is my bone of contention with, say, a large person who'd condascend a smoker for harming themselves.

Now, mysterious poster behind an alias, I wonder if you'd leave yourself open to the same treatment? Sounds like you know me personally, and yet, I've no idea who you are. Hmmm...
    I don't know you - I'm just a troll - someone PM'd me that info and told me to post it. I'm a social assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't know you - I'm just a troll - someone PM'd me that info and told me to post it. I'm a social assassin.

Ah, glad to see the culture of anonymous people trying to 'expose' people on the Internet is alive and well. What was that about stones and glass houses?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Shock and horror . Exercising and a good diet will cause you to lose weight.
    Yes and no. Its more complex than that. Yes move more + eat less = weightloss, but and its a big but(no pun*) the final outcome can vary with the size the person is in the first place. Study after study has shown slightly tubby people can quite easily lose the weight and if they apply some self control keep said weight off. However very large people are a different kettle of fish. It seems once the body goes too far it's very very difficult to lose and more very very rare that they keep the weightloss up. Their setpoint weight, the weight the body sees itself at gets shifted upwards. Even gastric bypass surgery people lose huge amounts at first but most creep back up. Not to their heaviest but not thin either. Long term weight loss for the very obese is difficult. Then throw in the complications of weight gain. Insulin resistance and other hormonal disturbances(esp in women) which increase the difficulty of losing the weight. Yes technically anyone of any size can slim down, but the reality is a bit different once you go past a certain point.

Slapping yourself on the back because you lost a stone or two of xmas fat, while deriding some obese person for not doing so is subjective thinking applied to others and ignores the medical and scientific evidence. And no I'm not close to fat, so I'm not defending "my peeple" before some windowlicker thinks and suggests otherwise.

*welllll...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Saying " ah come on, thats unhealthy.." fair enough but I believe slagging actually stops more people from loosing weight.
    If being fat is something you can be openly blamed for then people are going to be too ashamed to go to a doctor, or nutritionist and definitely not a gym because even though it would make them healthy in the long run no one wants to be the person everyone laughs at and judges.

With the lifestyles we live today ,its very easy to get a bit chubby if your genetically inclined to it. We're not working out in fields, we're sitting at desks. Eating healthy and exercise are things that always take time, money, or both.
    People don't need to be told they fat, about 80% of women think they could loose weight and the ones who are actually fat aren't under any illusions, their still comparing themselves to skinny models and actresses, no one wants to be fat.

Advertisement