Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't we allowed slag fat people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

What rule says I cannot slag fat people? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

leggo wrote: »
    Oh yeah, very true, they'll eat me if I don't eat myself first. Nom.

I suppose it could be worse though...I could be a self-loathing troll...
    No need for the self loathing, plenty of people out there to do the loathing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh yeah, very true, they'll eat me if I don't eat myself first. Nom.

I suppose it could be worse though...I could be a self-loathing troll...
    No need for the self loathing, plenty of people out there to do the loathing for you.

Ah sure don't I know it, I see the names popping up on my profile every day lurking for a chance to 'get me'. When they're not mailing around my image to random posters.

#ThatsNotSadAtAll

You do know that when someone views your profile page, if they are a member their name stays on the list for ages?

If someone is not a member the count goes up but the name (seeing as they don't have one) doesn't. So it may seem like someone is checking all the time when in fact they've only checked once.

Also, dunno why you're stressing about "identity espionage" when all your contact details are in your sig, which you decided to put there yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You do know that when someone views your profile page, if they are a member their name stays on the list for ages?

If someone is not a member the count goes up but the name (seeing as they don't have one) doesn't. So it may seem like someone is checking all the time when in fact they've only checked once.

Also, dunno why you're stressing about "identity espionage" when all your contact details are in your sig, which you decided to put there yourself.

Careful man, you'll shatter his illusions.

Remember, when you do stuff in public, in a field that may be both recorded and promoted...people shouldn't actually...like...look at it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I would've assumed this was in comparison to slagging skinny people. Because I think that's a fair point. talking about wanting to get fit and tone up, everyone says to me but sure you've no meat on you. I mean what makes it ok to say that to someone by comparison then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I would've assumed this was in comparison to slagging skinny people. Because I think that's a fair point. talking about wanting to get fit and tone up, everyone says to me but sure you've no meat on you. I mean what makes it ok to say that to someone by comparison then?

Prolly coz its seen as more desireable to be slim, more people want to be skinny than fat so it really is more a backhanded compliment.

I'd wager far more people would rather be called skinnymalinks than fattyfattybumbatty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

But say that to a fat person and, woah betide, **** hits the fan.
    Cake?

WindSock wrote: »
    Prolly coz its seen as more desireable to be slim, more people want to be skinny than fat so it really is more a backhanded compliment.

I'd wager far more people would rather be called skinnymalinks than fattyfattybumbatty.

well yeah, but that's my point. it's seen as unacceptable to comment on someone being tubby - overweight, and a lot of people wouldn't do it to someone's face, but it's acceptable to comment on someone being skinny? I just mean why is it? what's the difference? essentially it's the difference between what's perceived as a compliment versus and insult. but if you're happy with your size why view it as an insult? if you're not happy then the only reason you're insulted is because someone's telling you a truth you don't want to hear.

Careful man, you'll shatter his illusions.

Remember, when you do stuff in public, in a field that may be both recorded and promoted...people shouldn't actually...like...look at it at all.

No, it's just a bit creepy when it starts getting brought up in conversations about overweight people.

Let the grudge lie, lads. Or at least grumble about it on your little Facebook group. Nobody here (myself included) cares. And you're grown adults.

• Advertisement

No, it's just a bit creepy when it starts getting brought up in conversations about overweight people.

Let the grudge lie, lads. Or at least grumble about it on your little Facebook group. Nobody here (myself included) cares. And you're grown adults.

For someone who doesn't care you sure do go on about it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Genuinely thought the thread title was 'Why aren't we allowed shag fat people'

For someone who doesn't care you sure do go on about it a lot.

Do...you think that other topic was about you guys? Because I remember saying specifically that the person I was talking about was someone I knew personally. And...I don't know any of you personally...

Oh...yeah, you actually thought it was about you didn't you...Wow, this is awkward...and you got your little hopes up you'd get to troll me again...awwww, sorry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

WindSock wrote: »

lmao

You so crazy, windy

Do...you think that other topic was about you guys? Because I remember saying specifically that the person I was talking about was someone I knew personally. And...I don't know any of you personally...

Oh...yeah, you actually thought it was about you didn't you...Wow, this is awkward...and you got your little hopes up you'd get to troll me again...awwww, sorry?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Kewl. Now go edit your last post about profile views and never bother me again like a good little boy. Ta-ta!

Kewl. Now go edit your last post about profile views and never bother me again like a good little boy. Ta-ta!

Again, I have no idea what you are talking about. You really do speak in riddles.

Okay I'll explain it to you in really simple terms:

Imagine this is a bar and I'm having a conversation with some people. And you've been watching me the entire night, getting progressively drunker, listening in to the conversation. You don't like me. You've never met me before...but there's just something about me that offends you to the core. You've even chatted with your mates and they don't like me either. So that makes it true that I'm an arse. There's no denying it. You and your mates are always right about everything and the rest of the world is wrong and stupid if they disagree.

So, when you're drunk and sufficiently confident enough, then hear a lull in the conversation where you think you can jump in and 'get me', you do so and garble "D'YA KNOW WHAT I THINK OF YOU MISTER??"

Nobody had asked, but there you go.

In your head, you'd imagined me running off ashamed and crying. But instead, everyone around is wondering why you're doing this. They don't know your problem with me and were having an interesting chat beforehand. Hell, I'm not even sure what your problem is...but you seem to show up at bars I hang out at a lot. People try and continue the conversation until you keep talking over them, despite my polite interjections encouraging you to stop for your own sake, evolving into sly put-downs that I hope may even shame you into just giving up. But nope.

So the conversation just stops dead. Everyone is awkward for a while. I'm not even offended by what you're saying...because the context in which you are saying it is so pathetic it loses all meaning.

Then, when you've said your piece, you stumble back over to your mates and say, "Well...I told him!" and are proud of yourself for a while.

That clear things up?

tl:dr

get a room you two

• Advertisement

tl:dr

In the context of the above post, that's like you shouting "Faggg!" when you run back to your mates. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Balloon Of a fish in C.

What time is coronation street on at ?

In the context of the above post, that's like you shouting "Faggg!" when you run back to your mates. Well done.
    See post #349

Meh, i don't have a grudge. You clearly think there is, i can only assume because we had differing opinions in the DJ forum.

Out of interest, do you include everyone who disagrees with you in your conspiracy? I can't say i know any of the guys in the DJ Forum (bar one) outside of boards...cheers for the include though...it's nice that people think i have such a wide reaching social circle.

To be honest, i'm the kind of guy who just calls people tools when i think they are tools.

If you don't remember me calling you a tool it's best to assume i have no major issues with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Shpuds

What time is coronation street on at ?

Can't see, all the fattys are in the way of the tv eating their Big Macs.

Sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

It's amazing how all the fatties I work with are 'big boned'.

Strangely, they're also the ones who eat crisps, chocolate and biscuits EVERY DAY on their breaks.

Co-incidence???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Balloon Of a fish in C.

F*** it ,Im fat at the moment and walked from nassau street to finglas at 3am on my own last night,because I missed the nitelink.
    If I was skinny ,I probably wouldn't have made it back

Nadser wrote: »
    It's amazing how all the fatties I work with are 'big boned'.

Strangely, they're also the ones who eat crisps, chocolate and biscuits EVERY DAY on their breaks.

Co-incidence???

Lots of calcium in the chocolate causes their bones to grow.

It's science yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

God I hate fatties, they irritate me so much. Just join a bloody gym or get a gastric bypass already and stop telling yourself that you're a "healthy weight" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I ****in' love me some tubby chicks, all the jiggly bits are wicked hot.

Advertisement