Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't we allowed slag fat people?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Darlughda wrote: »

Why haven't you given up cigarettes?

Pies are easier to put down then ciggerettes.

and Frankly its clear he is talking about fat people who through their own fault made themselfs fat... so you gotta ask one question;

are you trolling or just plain stupid ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yes and no. Its more complex than that. Yes move more + eat less = weightloss, but and its a big but(no pun*) the final outcome can vary with the size the person is in the first place. Study after study has shown slightly tubby people can quite easily lose the weight and if they apply some self control keep said weight off. However very large people are a different kettle of fish. It seems once the body goes too far it's very very difficult to lose and more very very rare that they keep the weightloss up. Their setpoint weight, the weight the body sees itself at gets shifted upwards. Even gastric bypass surgery people lose huge amounts at first but most creep back up. Not to their heaviest but not thin either. Long term weight loss for the very obese is difficult. Then throw in the complications of weight gain. Insulin resistance and other hormonal disturbances(esp in women) which increase the difficulty of losing the weight. Yes technically anyone of any size can slim down, but the reality is a bit different once you go past a certain point.

Slapping yourself on the back because you lost a stone or two of xmas fat, while deriding some obese person for not doing so is subjective thinking applied to others and ignores the medical and scientific evidence. And no I'm not close to fat, so I'm not defending "my peeple" before some windowlicker thinks and suggests otherwise.

*welllll...

Yes I agree with you to a point. But I do know people who were HUGELY obese and managed to lose the weight through years of hard work. But people who are just heavy but not crazy obese , I think laziness is a major factor as to why they remain so. ( yes I know some people suffer from conditions etc )

But this isn't starting a flame war with you I just wanted to clarify my point.

Advertisement