Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phibsborough area

Options
  • 19-01-2011 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

hi, dont know if this is the correct place to put this but i was wondering where, if any, is there to go running in or around the phibsborough, i know the pheonix park but im thinking more along the lines of albert college park up beside dcu? when i lived up in this area it was very handy for running as it was quiet and lots of grass to run on, pitchs and the likes.

would really have to be grass as i find with myself personally that when i run on the path or road it causes havoc with my back and heels but on grass its perfect!(achilles tendon injury when i was younger).

thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Wow.. nowhere I can think of really. There is a football pitch on the Finglas road across the canal.

Other than that I guess you could run around Grangegorman lol.

Really you're better off just going to the Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Oh wait I think there is grass on royal canal bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Yeah, lots of joggers up and down the Royal Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Griffith Park might be further afield than you had in mind but it's a nice little spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

where is griffith park?

as someone said earlier there is the phoenix park but there are cars and stuff always going through it! any places in cabra anyone would know off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

flas wrote: »
    where is griffith park?

as someone said earlier there is the phoenix park but there are cars and stuff always going through it! any places in cabra anyone would know off?

Definitely in Cabra. There's Pope John Paul II Park (known as The Bogies). its a massive park. Plenty of room up there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Definitely in Cabra. There's Pope John Paul II Park (known as The Bogies). its a massive park. Plenty of room up there.

ah, i was going to say that :(

also tolka valley park

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

flas wrote: »

There's tons of places in Phoenix Park where no cars go. Some really lovely trails in fact. Just avoid all the obvious main roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

cosmic wrote: »

Spot on, thats where i was thinking. Great park for running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

thanks for all the answers, il check these out!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

King's Inn park/gardens is just off Constitution Hill. Not the biggest . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John0000001983

Did anybody see fire balls in the sky tonight around 11 pm in Phibsborough area? Weird stuff...:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

were they running around the bogies at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

theres the little park at the end of phibsboro where it meets cabra, just off the top of connaught street. Its where the free tennis court is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

snowey07 wrote: »
    theres the little park at the end of phibsboro where it meets cabra, just off the top of connaught street. Its where the free tennis court is

Shandon park I think ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Faith+1 wrote: »
    snowey07 wrote: »

Shandon park I think ^^^
    Its quiet small.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Depending on where you are in phibsborough then Mount Bernard park in Cabra might suit- It's big enough to jog around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I'd say Griffith park is your bet bet !!

Advertisement