Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with a vistonic wireless alarm

Options
  • 19-01-2011 8:12am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I friend of mine has a wirefree alarm with the trouble lit up on it, he says that he couldn't disarm it when he came home. We have the correct code and he always uses the right buttons instructed by the installer company. It's constandly beeping every 2 or 3 minutes keeping him up all night...

Any ideas how to stop it beeping?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

What does it say on the display

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    I friend of mine has a wirefree alarm with the trouble lit up on it, he says that he couldn't disarm it when he came home. We have the correct code and he always uses the right buttons instructed by the installer company. It's constandly beeping every 2 or 3 minutes keeping him up all night...

Any ideas how to stop it beeping?
    Thanks

The beeps are trouble beeps on the alarm. The only way to stop them without engineer access is to fix the trouble with the alarm. If you let us know what the problem is we will let you know how to fix it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    The beeps are trouble beeps on the alarm. The only way to stop them without engineer access is to fix the trouble with the alarm. If you let us know what the problem is we will let you know how to fix it.
    Hi altor,

Aparently he couldn't unset the alarm wheb he came in, he contacted his installer who came out the same day he phoned, it wasn't monitoring or a communication issue as he received a call from monitoring a minute or two later, his fobs battery(s) were gone bonkers and would not work so this could be the issue..he used the code then

Having a hkc alarm myself, I have never experienced these problems.

His alarm is now fixed and thanks for your help.. Does this ring any bells to you as to why there was a trouble alarm as the trouble light was lit?

It all depends on how the fobs where set up by the original installer. There is a way of setting it up so the user hears a low battery sound when he tries to disarm the alarm with a fob with a low battery. This may bring on the fault light as a low battery is a fault on the system. If when the light is on he was to press next button it will say (not ready to arm) Pressing next again will run through the faults on the system.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    It all depends on how the fobs where set up by the original installer. There is a way of setting it up so the user hears a low battery sound when he tries to disarm the alarm with a fob with a low battery. This may bring on the fault light as a low battery is a fault on the system. If when the light is on he was to press next button it will say (not ready to arm) Pressing next again will run through the faults on the system.

All you have to do to arm the system is press away and no code required, is this not covered by EN50131 to be armed with code? Coming in the code is required though..

• Advertisement

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    All you have to do to arm the system is press away and no code required, is this not covered by EN50131 to be armed with code? Coming in the code is required though..

Thats correct. The quick arm should of being disabled.

Advertisement