Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connor pass

Options
  • 19-01-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Lads any clue there, if or when the Connor pass in Kerry is open again?

It's some pain in the backside (not to mind the poor ol petrol gauge) having it closed for the last couple of weeks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Saw this on the news last night for anyone who's interested: http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2011/0118/media-2888805.html#

Saw this on aaroadwatch.ie:

*KERRY* The closure of Conor Pass has been extended until Thursday (20th) due to additional works involved in the rockface survey

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Great link,

I guess the work has to be done.

I drove it last year for the first time - slightly daunting, especially with a strong sun in the eyes.

Bitch of a round trip though between Brandon bay area and Inch. But No sympathy... I live in Westmeath!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Just for fun... Google maps says that is actually 2.9km shorter to drive via Camp from Brandon (harbour) to Inch (beach).. and only 3 mins longer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 longboarder

Have been traversing between Inch and Brandon Bay for years and would never even consider the Conor Pass. Fine to and from Dingle but otherwise go via Camp or in fact there is a small short cut a few miles before Camp. Check out the OS map.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 unluckyforsome

Ya work has me in and out of dingle a fair bit the last few weeks, at least my friday commute should be back to normal. :rolleyes:

And don't worry I'm all too familiar with the route from Inch to Brandon Bay... Far too many miles spent driving back and forth between em! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

I think it is open now

Advertisement