Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New French jersey

• 19-01-2011 11:16am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭

maillot-officiel-Nike-EDF-2011.jpeg

Bit of a departure, but I think it actually looks pretty decent, which is rare for a football jersey. Nike are making an aggressive move by taking over a traditionally Adidas market and handing over an incredible 320 million euros over 7 years. I'm still not sure anyone in France will buy it though as it's not a great market for jerseys and the team is hardly a huge favourite worldwide at the moment. I'm tempted to say Nike are nuts but they seem to mean business.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Saw it yesterday and it's decent but not a patch on the Umbro minimalist efforts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why is this even newsworthy? So ghey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It looks like it should be the French rugby jersey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I like it, although it doesnt look as good as the Adidas tech-fit jersey from the WC qualifying campaign and the subsequent WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

http://www.fff.fr/bleus/actu/536126.shtml

yeah it's quite nice... like the traditional style shirts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

gavredking wrote: »
    I like it, although it doesnt look as good as the Adidas tech-fit jersey from the WC qualifying campaign and the subsequent WC.

Exactly what i was going to say, looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Nike Introduces the New French Football Kit, Combining Elegant Design with Innovative Performance and Environmental Sustainability

Iv never heard such bull****, sounds like how you would describe a new car not a football jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wot no handball comment already? :eek:

Now with new innovative built-in C.H.E.A.T technology. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Shirt pulling will be a thing of the past if that style takes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

greendom wrote: »
    Shirt pulling will be a thing of the past if that style takes off.

This style has been around for ages, Kappa had it years ago with a couple Italy jerseys and Adidas at the minute have the tech-fit which is nearly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

eagle eye wrote: »

Because it shows collars are definitely coming back. YAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

eagle eye wrote: »

Because Blackburn have put a hold on their make the world break their bollox laughing at them campaign. We need something to fill the news before they make a bid for Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

MOG7 wrote: »
    This style has been around for ages, Kappa had it years ago with a couple Italy jerseys and Adidas at the minute have the tech-fit which is nearly the same.

Great :)

Advertisement