Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space (iOS)

Options
  • 19-01-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

When you see games like this appearing on the ipod, you know the device has come a long way as a gaming platform. Due for release the same date as Dead Space 2 in the States (Jan 25th). Feck Angry Birds, give me Angry Necromorphs instead. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

:eek:

That looks absolutely amazing!

I was wondering would it have the same effect cos it starts out looking all bright and cartooney, but towards the end of the video it changes to good ol dark dimly lit corridor Dead Space.

Also I noticed that it has something that the console version doesn't. The quick turn about (not that I know of anyways!). Would come in very handy.

And achievements! Brilliant!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks pretty I'd say it will seriously struggle to keep the atmosphere that the original had (at least on the iPhone), as it would be hard to keep on a handheld imo. Amazing how far they've come in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Any word if this will be out on the iPad aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yes, the iPad version is a separate app, and will be out the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

chin_grin wrote: »
    Also I noticed that it has something that the console version doesn't. The quick turn about

It does have that. DS is getting a lot of periphery stuff. I can't complain but there's also no way in hell I'll be able to play all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

really impressed with the iphone games lately, mobile gaming has come a long way since the ngage *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

krudler wrote: »
    really impressed with the iphone games lately, mobile gaming has come a long way since the ngage *shudder*

The what? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Wonder will it have that freakin' awful asteroid section. The response was dog slow on xbox.

Hmmm.... actually, it might not be as stupid with touchscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

chin_grin wrote: »
    The what? :P

exactly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

looks great but this is one game i would only play while at home, nobody needs to witness my random jumps or girly screams

• Advertisement
Advertisement