Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New video

• 19-01-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    here's our latest video with Mauro our resident stunt man :) it shows some of what we do here in the Studios.
    Thanks a million to Remi (the cameraman and editor) and everyone from the club who helped make it.

I think its great, hope you like it too!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53787221695
    (its brand new and not up on youtube yet, hence the Facebook group link)

edit... up on youtube now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

MaeveD wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    here's our latest video with Mauro our resident stunt man :) it shows some of what we do here in the Studios.
    Thanks a million to Remi (the cameraman) and everyone from the club who helped make it.

I think its great, hope you like it too!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53787221695
    (its brand new and not up on youtube yet, hence the Facebook group link)

edit... up on youtube now!

EXCELLENT !!! One of the best promotional clips I've seen.

On the humerous side, looks like a cross between the Matrix and a Krav Maga promo :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

That is the best video for a gym I've ever seen!

The bit where he gets hit by the car was deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Remind me never to go drinking with that guy :D

Nice job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Shucks.... thanks guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just a suggestion, 'tis your call.

But you should consider updating your club details in the CLUBS THREAD (STICKY) with it, or put it in the Photos & Video's thread because its a fantastic bit of material which will disappear from the front page in a few days.

Well done, looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Woah that was a class video! Definately the best promotional one I have seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Only thing is, the rules have changed now. You've upped the ante considerably. I've just been on to Martin Scorcese about doing one for my gym... well, Martin Scorcese's uncles best friend who promised me he'd pass the message on...

Just a suggestion, 'tis your call.

But you should consider updating your club details in the CLUBS THREAD (STICKY) with it, or put it in the Photos & Video's thread because its a fantastic bit of material which will disappear from the front page in a few days.

Well done, looks fantastic.

Thanks, I'll do that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I have a genuine question and im not trying to stir **** or troll or anything.

Because you guys and specifically your resident bjj instructor, train Aikido, do you apply the techniques from standing in bjj competition or any other grappling art with a kimono or gi or whatever. Surely if those throws work in aikido they would work in bjj competition?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: that definitely sounds trolly, i suppose i know the answer will be no, you dont use it in bjj, so id ask why instead? sorry to derail the thread. cool video

Hi Chris89,
    I'm easily confused so I'm not sure what the why is? the short answer is yes you could, because some of the throws are very similar to Judo, also you're trying to take the other persons balance and move without tension and this helps in BJJ.
    The answer is also no as Aikido isn't meant to be compeitive :)

I'm glad you like the video :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement