Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long to wait for Cheque?

• 04-01-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi does anybody know why the social welfare will be keeping me waiting by not giving me any feed back? i applied 4 JB just like the jessie-dub nd i went to appy 4 supplementary allowance on 20st Dec ..the guy who attended 2 me said i will receive a letter in the next few days..i finished college this year im 24 nd living wit my mam who is only on DB..so ( i dnt tink they will expect me 2 survive thru her own earnings) ...i said i had been surviving on my savings nd ther finished. I was working b4 bu not nymore nd i have no singl penny! & i mean it! now it is 3rd january nd ther closed till 10th! no letter/check or nytn like dat .. is this guy trying 2 humilate me by delaying my payment or what is happening? does ny1 hav a clue wat i shud do? im really fed up & frustrated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You shouldn't be waiting long at all. Iirc the whole point of SWA is to tide you over until your JA has come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 arsenalia

Hi guys, heres my situation. I am a 23 yr old male, i have finished a 3 year course in college last year. i was renting accomodation during all these period in college, bu technically i still come bk 2 live with my mam wen im on hols. Im finished now nd im still living with her, i had a part time work 4 the last 2 years, finished in sep nd im awaiting JB decision. Im still waiting on supplementary allowance since applying on 20th dec nd im stuck 4 cash badly. Now i hav already gone 2 d citizen info nd they told me only ppl in dire need will get assistance 4 rent allowance . Does nybody hav a clue wat i should do at this stage because most of the applications i make are based on my mother's earnings who is on diasbility allowance, nd this is probably why tings are getting delayed 4 me. So should i go and apply 4 rent allowance nd get my own hse? will i be given the rent allowance? do i qualify? .. these are the questions bugging me head now as my ma will be moving from our present location in few weeks time 2 another area 4 a 3 bedroom! i dont no wat 2 do! Any suggestions will be much appreciated tnks!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Hi all,heres my situation after almost four weeks of goin 2 d social i finally got a ring on thu, the lady said il get a certain payment on tue then every thu after that. Does any one no if il have 2 go 2 d CWO again to tell them i got a ring or they will automatically send the cheque and the ones for every thu as as it is now wednesday and i havnt seen anythn in the post! im deeply worried!

Hi all,heres my situation after almost four weeks of goin 2 d social i finally got a ring on thu, the lady said il get a certain payment on tue then every thu after that. Does any one no if il have 2 go 2 d CWO again to tell them i got a ring or they will automatically send the cheque and the ones for every thu as as it is now wednesday and i havnt seen anythn in the post! im deeply worried!

Hi all,heres my situation after almost four weeks of going 2 d social i finally got a ring on thu, the lady said il get a certain payment on tue then every thu after that. Does any one no if il have 2 go 2 d CWO or they will automatically send the cheque and the ones for every thu as as it is now wednesday and i havnt seen anythn in the post! im deeply worried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

arsenalia I have moved your posts to their own thread.
    Please do not post your question numerous times across a few threads. You may get a faster and more relevant answer if its not in with someone elses question.

hi guys, i was due 2 get a certain cheque yesterday having been going to the CWO 4 the last 5 weeks dating from before xmas.. I got a ring last thu from a lady who said i will get my frst payment nxt tue(yesterday) then other payments every thurs. i am asuming it is a cheque she was meant to send, but now i have not seen any cheque or anythin like that and i have no money. Im just wondering was anybody in this kind of situation before? how long does it take for the cheque to be delivered or does any one no what i should do? All replies will be appreciated .Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

arsenalia wrote: »
    hi guys, i was due 2 get a certain cheque yesterday having been going to the CWO 4 the last 5 weeks dating from before xmas.. I got a ring last thu from a lady who said i will get my frst payment nxt tue(yesterday) then other payments every thurs. i am asuming it is a cheque she was meant to send, but now i have not seen any cheque or anythin like that and i have no money. Im just wondering was anybody in this kind of situation before? how long does it take for the cheque to be delivered or does any one no what i should do? All replies will be appreciated .Thanks

Get in touch with them again - could be a cheque, could be paid at the post office.

Thnks anny. im going to their office 2moro. if u dont mind me asking were u in this situation before?

Thnks anny. im going to their office 2moro. if u dont mind me asking were u in this situation before?

I receive a casual payment. They usually tell you what form payment will take at the beginning - cheque/post office. Usually cheques are sent out on a Friday and arrive on Tuesdays so I'm not sure why that would change to a Thursday, as you were told. Could be either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Hi does anybody know why the social welfare will be keeping me waiting by not giving me any feed back? i applied 4 JB just like the jessie-dub nd i went to appy 4 supplementary allowance on 20st Dec ..the guy who attended 2 me said i will receive a letter in the next few days..i finished college this year im 24 nd living wit my mam who is only on DB..so ( i dnt tink they will expect me 2 survive thru her own earnings) ...i said i had been surviving on my savings nd ther finished. I was working b4 bu not nymore nd i have no singl penny! & i mean it! now it is 3rd january nd ther closed till 10th! no letter/check or nytn like dat .. is this guy trying 2 humilate me by delaying my payment or what is happening? does ny1 hav a clue wat i shud do? im really fed up & frustrated!
    I feel sorry for you being so frustrated waiting for your money. How about people who created jobs, paid taxes and when they fell on hard times were told to clear off by the social

Thnks for your reply. Well she was calling from Ballyowen, she said to me i will be getting a cheque on tuesday then my frst payment every thursday bu i havnt received anything till this day ..i imagine maybe its d post man thats not delivering it on time?? i was told il be collecting my payment from Lucan Post office so i imagine tats after the cheque. Actually were you given a certain card to you use to collect your payment?

Thnks for your reply. Well she was calling from Ballyowen, she said to me i will be getting a cheque on tuesday then my frst payment every thursday bu i havnt received anything till this day ..i imagine maybe its d post man thats not delivering it on time?? i was told il be collecting my payment from Lucan Post office so i imagine tats after the cheque. Actually were you given a certain card to you use to collect your payment?

CWO will be able to tell you if the cheque was sent out. There will probably be a payment in the Post Office for you tomorrow. Yeah .. everyone is supposed to have a Social Welfare ID card with their name and PPS number on it. CWO should have given you a temporary card to use if you don't have one.

Oh ok so what would you advise me 2 say to them at the CWO office 2moro?.. should i just tell them i have not been issued any SW ID card to receive my payment? or what could i say first.

Oh ok so what would you advise me 2 say to them at the CWO office 2moro?.. should i just tell them i have not been issued any SW ID card to receive my payment? or what could i say first.

I would ask if the cheque was sent out and tell them I haven't received it. Then ask if there is a regular payment waiting for me in the post office. Then tell them I don't have a card and ask if I could be issued a replacement. Good luck!

Ok, thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated. :)

Hi Anny just 2 say thanks 4 advice.. i went up 2 them 2day and i had a payment waiting 4 me as u said. Got it nd im much happier.. bu as a matter of interest did u get ur cheque with arrears?

Hi Anny just 2 say thanks 4 advice.. i went up 2 them 2day and i had a payment waiting 4 me as u said. Got it nd im much happier.. bu as a matter of interest did u get ur cheque with arrears?

That's great news. Is you claim still pending? If that's the case you'll probably get your arrears if/when it's approved.

oh are u talkin about JA? that has not been approved , but for the SA (supplementary allowance) i started 2 apply on the 25th dec nd i was only paid two weeks(13th) startin from wen i completed the documents i was asked 2 bring by the CWO , u no urself theyl ask 4 proof of survival nd all those things which could run 2 like 3 or 4 weeks! ..so tats my situation.. has your JB/JA been approved tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

arsenalia could you please try not posting in txt spk please? It makes your posts very hard to read.

• Advertisement

oh are u talkin about JA? that has not been approved , but for the SA (supplementary allowance) i started 2 apply on the 25th dec nd i was only paid two weeks(13th) startin from wen i completed the documents i was asked 2 bring by the CWO , u no urself theyl ask 4 proof of survival nd all those things which could run 2 like 3 or 4 weeks! ..so tats my situation.. has your JB/JA been approved tho

Sorry, I think you'll have to clear it up with the CWO. Mine granted my supplementary payment immediately so I didn't have any arrears.

Advertisement