Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Windows 7 Phone?

Options
  • 19-01-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi.
    I'm getting a new "smart" phone from Vodafone. In the office we have already some iPhones and a HTC desire android so I want to go for a Windows 7 device for cuiosity and comparison since I'll most likely just use it as a phone anyway and am not one bit arsed about the features except perhaps for a radio.

Would anyone with an interest in these gadgets like to suggest which device to choose from on the Vodafone website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I'm pretty sure that Vodafone only have the one Windows Phone 7: the LG Optimus 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

Samsung omnia 7 would be the best as it is having s- amoled screen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

After reading the reviews I went with the Omnia 7 on Meteor. The SAMOLED screen is a thing of beauty, especially given the Metro UI and it seems to have edged out the slightly bigger screen on the HTC HD7 because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fatscally

Thanks lads. Seems like I don't have a choice LG Optimus 7 is the only windows 7 phone there. They have some HTC choices but they're win 6.6.

Is that phone, LG Optimus 7, "so" bad not to bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well its not bad. Its the cheapest of whats available in Ireland. But doesnt quite measure up to Omnia 7 or HD7

Only thing that is good about it is the DLNA Wireless Streaming that lets you stream content from your phone to the tv :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement