Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good pubs near Baggot St

Options
  • 19-01-2011 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anyone recommend a good lively pub for a few drinks (pre-staff night out meal)
    for mostly women ages 20-30 (and me!) around Baggot St. area???

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The Baggot inn is good, they have pull your own pints tables and a nintendo wii on a big screen last time i was in there!

I like McGrattons too, its down the lane beside the tesco on baggot street, they have two pool tables!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

http://www.thebaggotinn.ie/ ?

Pretty much the only one I know around that area! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Probably better off in the Dublin Forum mate.

But I'd say move up to Stephens Green and hit one of the pubs on Grafton street, perhaps Dandelion just near the shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Sykk wrote: »
    Probably better off in the Dublin Forum mate.

But I'd say move up to Stephens Green and hit one of the pubs on Grafton street, perhaps Dandelion just near the shopping centre.
    Or the Baggot Street Inn isn't a bad spot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

something is wrong. are you gonna get a mate to come on and promote a pub that you actually own? cause thats bold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Are Angels or Strings still open? they're close enough to Baggot st...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 paul 65

thanks a lot for that

no prob

dandelion sounds good! thanks for that

Not at all ....you're too suspicious!!!!

Have you heard of the new pub just opened in Baggot St called.............

• Advertisement

....are they not lap-dancing joints??? Are you messing!

Yes exactly, thanks a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Avoid the Baggot Inn! Absolute dive, not a nice place at all. Messy, hectic and noisy. The Landsdowne Den Bar, Toner's, Doheny's, Waterloo are all decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Baggot Street is one of the best streets in the country for Pubs. Great places like O'Donoghues, Doheny & Nesbits, Toners all down at the Stephens Green end. Over the canal on Lower Baggot Street you have the likes of Searsons and The Waterloo as well.

I would say The Baggot Inn is actually a better option for after the meal than before as they have music and cocktails etc which the ladies you are entertaining might appreciate after a few glasses of wine with dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

paul it depends on how many of ye there are.

Toners, just 30 seconds from the baggot is a great pub, one of my all time faves. But if there's a massive crowd of you, it might not suit. Doheny and nesbitts across the street fom the baggot is pretty good, but not my favourite pub. The Baggot is OK, it's not the greatest pub ever, but it's plenty good enough for a group of people. Alternatively, o donoghues down on merrion row is good too, plenty of room to swing the elbows if it's not packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Searsons would be my regular. Atmosphere is always good.

Baggot Inn is grand. But after work it's usually packed

• Registered Users Posts: 46 d4head77

Doheny & Nesbitts nearer town end; out towards D4 go to Searsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

keithgeo wrote: »
    The Baggot inn is good, they have pull your own pints tables and a nintendo wii on a big screen last time i was in there!

I like McGrattons too, its down the lane beside the tesco on baggot street, they have two pool tables!

Note to self, never ever go in to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

How about Matt The Threshers (used to be The Pembroke) on Lr. Pembroke Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Toners is a great pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

LadyW wrote: »
    How about Matt The Threshers (used to be The Pembroke) on Lr. Pembroke Street?
    are you promoting or opinionating? that place was rubbish as the pembroke, and i doubt a fancy new name will change the nature of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

are you promoting or opinionating? that place was rubbish as the pembroke, and i doubt a fancy new name will change the nature of the beast.

I am not promoting. I am not opinionating either as I haven't been in it yet. It was merely a suggestion as I thought it might have changed for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

+1 on Baggot Inn and Toners!

Searsons seems to be closed now!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought I'd see the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

d4head77 wrote: »
    Searsons seems to be closed now!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought I'd see the day.

Yes, we were discussing this in the kates cottage thread. It seems the landlords were still wanting 8k a week for the lease. Hopefully this will come down at some point and the place will reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Searsons wasn't a bad spot

Maybe try the WaterLoo

Waterloo's gone all restauranty and upmarket, and unless you are 7 feet tall, the seats are uncomfortable for meals - tables far too high.

Food's good, but no better than anywhere else.

Advertisement