If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Tv Required 47"+

Options
  • 19-01-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

John / Ash

Looking for a new tv to mount on the wall in the living room. I have no particular preference to brand so feel free to fire out some options. I do have a couple of specifics however.

Size 47" or greater
    Not Plasma
    100 HZ
    Soarview would be a nice to have
    and price less than €999

Ah also a working remote is a must after the Fiasco with my VSX 818 :D

Looking forward to hearing from ya's
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey istaunton,

The only thing we have close to this is the 47PFL3605 which has an MPEG4 reciever for you to recieve the Saorview broadcast on. It is a full HD LCD but it is a 50Hz TV.

This is on special at €699.99 instore at the moment so you'd have plenty of change left over to set yourself up with any additional systems like Blu-ray or a home theatre system. :D

The next step up is the 46PFL5605H LED LCD but it is a little above your budget coming in at €1149.99. This is a 100Hz set, Saorview compatible, and Full HD 1080p. This is a much brighter screen due to the LED lighting which pushes the contrast up to 500,000:1. The colours are brighter and more vibrent and the overall depth if the picture is better.

Do let me know if either of these would suit,

Thanks a mil. Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Thanks for the quick reply Nicola

think the 100hz is a must for me big into the football.
    How ever pixmania have the Philips 46PFL5605H for 999

See link below

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4941108/art/philips/46pfl5605h-12-led-televis.html?article=4941108&affiche=accessoire

John have you guys got any thing you can offer me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey istaunton,

PM sent. :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Just to drop this into the mix.

I have 1 x LG 47LD790 left.

This is an amazing 200HZ TV that we are selling at £699.95 / 860 Euro at the moment.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-47LD790.jsp

Let me know if this ticks a few boxes as this also has MPEG4 and freeview HD so will cover you on most counts.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.