Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Parking

• 19-01-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am moving to Limerick next week and will be living in an apartment in the city centre. I need my car as I will be travelling a long distance home at weekends.

There is no parking available with this apartment and was wondering if anyone knows of any option for long term parking in the city centre? I looked into Parkmagic but it would end up costing me an arm and a leg longterm!!

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Contact the council with proof of where you will be living, and they will provide you with a parking disc for the streets around where you live (for a fee...not sure how much). Once you park legally on the streets you're permitted to park on you'll have no problems.

EDIT just found this:

http://www.limerickcorp.ie/Transport/Parking/ResidentialParkingPermit/
    TO APPLY FOR/RENEW A RESIDENTIAL PARKING PERMIT, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED:

1. Valid Driver’s Licence

2. Certificate of Registration for the address you are applying for.

3. Certificate of Insurance for the address you are applying for.

4. (a) Current Utility Bill for the address you are applying for (e.g. ESB, Phone (landline) or Gas) or copy of Lease/Tenancy Agreement or Rent Book.
    (b) If you are a first-time applicant, proof of ownership of property or copy of Lease/Tenancy Agreement is needed

5. Be on the Register of Electors for the address you are applying for.

6. Fee of €6.35 (Payment of fee does not constitute an undertaking by us to issue a Parking Permit)

7. For a Change of Address or Change of Car Registration, previous Residential Parking Permit must be submitted before new Permit can be issued.

8. Remember only an official Residential Parking Permit will be accepted by Limerick City Council Traffic Wardens. Display of receipt of payment of fee will not suffice, as the fee will be returned to you, if your application is not approved.

Supply any other information requested by Limerick City Council

Administrative Officer,
    Transportation & Infrastructure

Advertisement