Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Photography Courses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Neither! Being blunt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

kensutz wrote: »
    Neither! Being blunt about it.

I was going say the same thing but then I thought maybe she only wants to learn a small bit and not take it anywhere.

I reckon (and I dont know what your aims are) if you go over to the photography forum and post photos and ask questions, you will more than likely get more information than those courses.

You could join the Waterford Camera Club if you're into that sort of thing.

Id even show ya the basics if it saved you money.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Waterford Camera Club do a beginners lesson for 45 mins or so before the main meeting. One of the lads here does the lessons. I was looking for people interested in doing a beginners session and had a few interested but needed about 4-5 more bodies before I could even look into starting up a course for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I agree both courses look meh. But thats all is around.
    I think joining the camera club will be 100% better. They are on every 2nd Monday in Roanmore ???
    Ken your idea for beginers looks interesting hope you get more ppl if you do run it I'd be interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

kensutz wrote: »
    Waterford Camera Club do a beginners lesson for 45 mins or so before the main meeting. One of the lads here does the lessons. I was looking for people interested in doing a beginners session and had a few interested but needed about 4-5 more bodies before I could even look into starting up a course for ye.

I'd be interested in that course ken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I agree both courses look meh. But thats all is around.
    I think joining the camera club will be 100% better. They are on every 2nd Monday in Roanmore ???
    Ken your idea for beginers looks interesting hope you get more ppl if you do run it I'd be interested :)

They are on in The Ramada!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Nobody can teach you photography, which means roughly (Painting with Light). They can only teach you how to use a camera. People think because they get a course or two under their belts they can call themselves "Photographers". Too easy. Photography is an Art Form and you can only be tought the technical side of it. So unless you have the gift of being able to see a picture where others cannot, you will never be a Photographer. You must have the "Eye".

Of course you can get a camera and take photos or snaps and get great pleasure and fun from it. it's a great hobby and joining a camera club might be a good idea. it will get you out and about and you'll meet nice people.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.;) And who knows, maybe you have the "EYE"!:)

Advertisement