Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭leitrim1

The Gride wrote: »
    Got an e mail from bigmickey today saying the they are open next Friday at their monthly sale until midnight on June 7th and that they have extended their premises and several new container loads have arrived to sell off regardless of price.

It's on www.bigmickey.ie

Just thought I would let ye all know !

Are bigmickey open for sure tomorrow night till midnight ? Is that a joke or u serious? Never heard that before.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

leitrim1 wrote: »
    Are bigmickey open for sure tomorrow night till midnight ? Is that a joke or u serious? Never heard that before.

Yes we are open this Friday till Midnight and we have also increased the size of our BED Display area by 50% so loads more to see. Any questions, just ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

Yes we are open this Friday till Midnight and we have also increased the size of our BED Display area by 50% so loads more to see. Any questions, just ask.

Can you advise your opening hours on Sunday please?

Meath08 wrote: »
    Can you advise your opening hours on Sunday please?

Hi

We open 10.30am to 6pm on a sale weekend but sometimes can be here earlier or later also. If these times don't suit you just let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

I bought a new house recently and needed alot of stuff. Tried all the usual places like Harvey Norman, Cost Plus Sofas and so on. Went to bigmickey.ie, found the exact same mattress there as in Harvey Norman. It was a Layzee Whisper 600 Pocket Sprung Harvey Norman had it advertised as €449 and bigmickey was only €299. He still has some left as I asked for me neighbour today

?ui=2&ik=6d42c25be9&view=att&th=13f1a4d1f7b9ba05&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1437110908255993856-1&zw

..........................and then the best of all, my suite of furniture, ex DFS

DFS Price
    Infinity Suite €2398

Infinity Swival Chair €1598

Infinity Foot Stool €655

Got the whole lot in bigmickey.ie for €1800 and this is the identical suite to DFS. No 2 month waiting and same day delivery.

I still have a lot to get and will definately be checking out bigmickey first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

airman737 wrote: »
    I bought a new house recently and needed alot of stuff. Tried all the usual places like Harvey Norman, Cost Plus Sofas and so on. Went to bigmickey.ie, found the exact same mattress there as in Harvey Norman. It was a Layzee Whisper 600 Pocket Sprung Harvey Norman had it advertised as €449 and bigmickey was only €299. He still has some left as I asked for me neighbour today

?ui=2&ik=6d42c25be9&view=att&th=13f1a4d1f7b9ba05&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1437110908255993856-1&zw

..........................and then the best of all, my suite of furniture, ex DFS

DFS Price
    Infinity Suite €2398

Infinity Foot Stool €655

Got the whole lot in bigmickey.ie for €1800 and this is the identical suite to DFS. No 2 month waiting and same day delivery.

Definitely there is something wrong with those DFS prices, a swivel chair for €1598!

airman737 wrote: »

DFS Price
    Infinity Suite €2398

Infinity Foot Stool €655

Half afraid to click on that link......:)

:D as it says on their fleet of vans and trucks "It's not what you think"

Don't click on that link........ unless you want the best value, highest quality beds and furniture in Ireland.

If you are looking for anything else go to the Adult section of our site but you will need a special password that only I can give you. Ha Ha

Happy Shopping.

Thanks

bm

Zeppi wrote: »
    Definitely there is something wrong with those DFS prices, a swivel chair for €1598!

this is the swivel chair i got off big mickey, from the dfs website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭digit1

noclee wrote: »
    I got a harrison mattress from Mick a few wks back and the service/price was second to none something I haven't experienced in any of the other stores in Dublin.

Hi Mickey
    Any Harrison beds in yet ?

digit1 wrote: »
    Hi Mickey
    Any Harrison beds in yet ?

Yes some arrived today. Come, have a look. Great bargains. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Do you do a small short single mattress

W75 X L175

siber wrote: »
    Do you do a small short single mattress

W75 X L175

Yes we have a number of different ones in stock and we can also get any model made in Uk that you require. Takes about a week. Have some as low as €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sadiejane

After much research online and visiting showrooms, this forum led me to big mickeys.ie in Longford last November to purchase a bed. Within minutes of meeting mick I knew I had made the right choice and after he went through all the options with us we selected a mattress and I asked him to keep an eye out for a matching Harrison base to go with the headboard we picked out. I could not believe it when he rang me at ten on a Saturday night to say he found it. Delivered to me on the following Monday and I was thrilled with the quality and needless to say, the price. My dad, today, took delivery from mick of a top of the range 13000 spring Harrison bed as well as a Harrison base and headboard, this has to be a 5000 euro package, and his for 1450. Do not pass this guy if your looking for anything, not only is he unbeatable for price but his customer service and sheer enthusiasm for his products is infectious. We'll never go anywhere else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Sadiejane wrote: »
    I could not believe it ...

Hard to believe alright

The Fool wrote: »
    Hard to believe alright

"The Fool". You seem to have been struggling with believing our bargains for quite some time now. (The last big thread was locked and closed after your comments if you remember). Here at Big Mickeys we have worked consistently to deliver a brand and a service that will give people quality products at bargain prices at a time when bargain prices have never been more important!. Every step of our progress has been built on and documented clearly by the feedback of our many customers on many threads on Boards and other sites. This thread alone has over 100,000 views. The previous threads had similar numbers. We are a very small company that is committed to delivering the best prices to our customers. All the feedback both here and to us directly would indicate we are doing something right. Yet you still doubt the validity of this feedback?. As you are browsing for "good deals on beds/Mattress's" (Why else would you consistently visit this thread!) I would assume you are either in the market for some furniture, or in the furniture trade yourself! Either ways I would like to formally invite you down to Big Mickeys in Longford for our next sale to experience our bargains for yourself. If you are not satisfied that you have received the best possible price and customer service by all means please leave your feedback on this thread to update the thousands of people that view this and other threads. After all, isn't that what Bargain Alerts is all about?!
    Looking forward to seeing you at our next Sale where you can verify the bargains for yourself.
    Big Mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Just got a mattress off Bigmickey. Great value and above all else the customer service is top notch. I wish more companies had Bigmickey's philosophy of how to treat a customer.

Does anybody know is this big mickey's or whats the position ?

http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-sale/harrison-beds/5343269

I saw this on DD and phoned up and was directed to a premises opposite big mickeys. I had a very small purchase from the main shop some time ago and was tempted to buy sofas from them recently and may still do but we have fallen in love with a Harrison bed at this place and while its so close to the main shop the young girl that showed me the beds said its a completely different business. Our purchase is around €2000 and a deposit of €500 was requested as its a special order (one side firm other side soft) but I'm just a little concerened to hand over a deposit as there are so many furniture places going under. I want to buy but am scared. Any advice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

You could always ask bigmickey if he has the stuff.
    incidently we just got 2 solid oak chest of drawers off him 2day, will post pictures later, havent had a chance to put the handles on them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

Hi Leitrim1

I bought beds from Big Mickey a few weeks ago and he mentioned he was about to open new premises across the road in a big house which would deal with the more up market beds such as Harrisons. He mentioned the beds would be a bit more expensive than his current operation but would still be much cheaper than places like Arnotts.

To answer your question, that advert certainly looks like it's likely to be Big Mickey but obviously your safest option is to ask him directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

daytob wrote: »
    You could always ask bigmickey if he has the stuff.
    incidently we just got 2 solid oak chest of drawers off him 2day, will post pictures later, havent had a chance to put the handles on them yet.

Bought a single bed and mattress of him over the phone a few weeks ago.
    Another great deal and comfy as well.:D

I saw this on DD and phoned up and was directed to a premises opposite big mickeys. I had a very small purchase from the main shop some time ago and was tempted to buy sofas from them recently and may still do but we have fallen in love with a Harrison bed at this place and while its so close to the main shop the young girl that showed me the beds said its a completely different business. Our purchase is around €2000 and a deposit of €500 was requested as its a special order (one side firm other side soft) but I'm just a little concerened to hand over a deposit as there are so many furniture places going under. I want to buy but am scared. Any advice ?

Your money is safe, go ahead and buy your bed.

It is the same family but its not bigmickey.ie - It is an exclusive showroom for Harrison beds operated by other family members. It is a stand alone business independent from bigmickey.ie- It is not officially open for another couple of weeks but all the beds are in place and I am glad to hear that they are doing lots of business in advance of the launch so you have no worries about paying a deposit. If it was a standard model you might get away without a deposit but from what you say, it is a special order for you and then it is only fair that a deposit is sought. No other shop would order that type of bed in without a substantial deposit (more than €500- might even look for full payment upfront).

Hope this clears up matters.:)

Ah big mickey, all is good. I gave your daughter the deposit this evening for the Harrison. Very nice girl and knows her job. Chip of the old block I'd say. lol

Promised delivery in 3 weeks which is a lot faster than I expected. Fingers crossed. Will be in to you shortly for sofas. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I know it's a bit late now since you've paid the deposit. If your worried about a shop/business going under when they ask for a big deposit pay it with a credit card, if the shop goes under you'll get you money back whereas if you pay with cash you may get a tiny bit back if your lucky.

Ah big mickey, all is good. I gave your daughter the deposit this evening for the Harrison. Very nice girl and knows her job. Chip of the old block I'd say. lol

Promised delivery in 3 weeks which is a lot faster than I expected. Fingers crossed. Will be in to you shortly for sofas. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Hi all. I have been in the new Harrison shop across the road from the main shopand we will be buying a 12,000 sprung bed soon. Great guy to deal with, always friendly family company that will do what they can for you, bought stuff off him last year and would defo recommend.

Del2005 wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late now since you've paid the deposit. If your worried about a shop/business going under when they ask for a big deposit pay it with a credit card, if the shop goes under you'll get you money back whereas if you pay with cash you may get a tiny bit back if your lucky.

At Bigmickey.ie, 99% of our stock is in stock so we are not pushed if you pay a deposit or pay on delivery. The only time we might ask for a deposit is if we have to order something in to stock (like an odd size mattress) that might not be that easily sold to a different customer.

We never insist on a deposit in any other case and because of all the furniture shops (2 in our area recently alone) going out of business we would not expect customers to pay for their goods until they receive them however,most of our customers do pay part or all up front and there has never been any issues as you know with your own delivery and the feedback that you have left for us. Personally, I would be careful paying any company for goods unless I had some recourse.

With ourselves as most of our stock is in stock and no waiting periods, you can collect there and then so there is no risk. If you need delivery then you can pay on delivery. The only thing with us is if you intend paying with credit card then you must pay in the shop. We can no longer accept card numbers over the phone. We also accept Paypal. Your advice is good though and people need to be extra careful in these times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Was down with big mickey today. Sound chap. Ordered us a special made to order bed right there and then from the uk and he will be collecting it next week from the uk to assemble it in the shop and send us a photo to see if we like it.
    If we do?
    Free delivery to dublin and payment at the front door

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

Why o why is there constantly comments on this thread that big mickey is such a nice guy what has that got to do with it you are buying a bed its quality and value are the no1 and 2 give it a break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

well the bed I got was supposed to be nearly 4k and we ended up paying only around 800 euros. I think you will find that I personally went to big mickey because of the comments on this and the previous thread, and found his customer service along with the price of beds to be amazing. And if you were to actually sift through the entire thread you would see that its not just for bigmickey.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

warmblood wrote: »
    Why o why is there constantly comments on this thread that big mickey is such a nice guy what has that got to do with it you are buying a bed its quality and value are the no1 and 2 give it a break

And that's what you get for your buck in Big Mickey's - the quality and value for money is hard to match, I wandered from place to place looking for the right mattress and bed combo from all the usual places as I have a bad back....

Took a chance and after a long journey from Dublin, Mick was more than helpful to me and my OH and brought us all over his warehouse til we found something we both were happy with, gave the woman a bottle of wine and everything in the shop - she was delighted!

Not to mention he delivered it straight to our door and assembled it in our room, as he knew of my bad back - you don't get that from your average Harvey Norman style "supershop"

I'll definitely be down with him again when we need more furniture...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It is an exclusive showroom for Harrison beds operated by other family members.

sorry a bit off topic...

I was doing some research on the Harrisson mattresses and came across this site, which discusses the importance of the GSM (Grams per Square Metre) value of the upholstery in the mattresses. One poster in the comments section called Tom said that he tried to get this info from Harrisson but that they wouldn't divulge the info.

Mick, would you be able to get the GSM values of their mattresses if I sent you a list of ones I was interested in?

The Harrisson mattress I tried felt good, but would be good to know how much wool/etc is actually in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

For Big Mickey following this thread... do u deliver to Cork / Kerry ?? Is there an additional charge.

Have In-Laws in Cavan and could call in on way BUT with the kids and wife's clothes - wouldn't be able to fit in a mattress as well!!

(Actually - could fit mattress if you could deliver wife and children later. A 3-week delivery time would suit me in this case!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Trade the wife in against the mattress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No sure about mattresses, but is this good value for a double?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silentnight-Mattress-3-Zone-Memory-Rolled/dp/B006MUTMF6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375081636&sr=8-1&keywords=memory+foam+mattress

Works out around 175 euro.[/iquote]

its a foam mattress. it will sink. we are All getting spring mattresses from BM.

apples and oranges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Postage and packing is £99.29, so it works out at closer to €300. Super Saver delivery isn't available and you have to go with 2-day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

warmblood wrote: »

Cause he is a nice guy, suppose the customer service is also important for some people! ;)

Masala wrote: »
    For Big Mickey following this thread... do u deliver to Cork / Kerry ?? Is there an additional charge.

Have In-Laws in Cavan and could call in on way BUT with the kids and wife's clothes - wouldn't be able to fit in a mattress as well!!

(Actually - could fit mattress if you could deliver wife and children later. A 3-week delivery time would suit me in this case!!!)

Yes , we deliver to Cork/Kerry and its FREE DELIVERY provided we have other deliveries in the area. We also send urgent items by over night courier but we much prefer to deliver the items ourselves as there is less risk of damage. We were only in Cork last week.

Some mattress come rolled up so it may be possible to take one of these with you provided its suitable for your needs.

It may also be possible to leave your wife here but we will need to see a photo in advance. lol :):):):)

Postage and packing is £99.29, so it works out at closer to €300. Super Saver delivery isn't available and you have to go with 2-day.

Hi, they are quite good. We sold over 800 of them in the last 2 years without any problems. We sold them in all sizes for €199 delivered. There are lots of positive feedback on the old thread about them. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The Free Super Saver should be there for anything over £25 so hopefully I can get it cheaper. if not i'll go with big mickey! Thanks!

EDIT- Also the Parcel Motel route, free delivery to UK and should be cheap enough to send an oversized item.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 4143

Don't suppose you deliver to Mayo BM?

4143 wrote: »
    Don't suppose you deliver to Mayo BM?

Yes, we deliver throughout the 32 counties of Ireland and to some parts of UK for FREE. We need to get a few deliveries in the same area to make it worthwhile.

Currently we have orders for Ballina and Castlebar. Should be going that way next week after our monthly sale is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Hey.only just seen this thread. Looking for good mattress. 150 range. Would we have it for weekend if ordered tomorrow. What would recommend? Nice comfy mattress
    Thks

greenman09 wrote: »
    Hey.only just seen this thread. Looking for good mattress. 150 range. Would we have it for weekend if ordered tomorrow. What would recommend? Nice comfy mattress
    Thks

If you are in Dublin then if you order today, you should have tomorrow.

pm, e mail or call us to see what deal we have for you but it is always advisable to try out lots of different mattresses before you buy. If you buy and get it wrong then most shops will not want to know once you have opened the plastic bag.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I love you Big Mickey.

And my bed, still perfect after a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Bargain Alert :

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6974635/Trail/searchtext%3EAIRSPRUNG+BED.htm

Got one in Bigmickey's yesterday with 4 drawers for €199. They are on sale this weekend at the monthly sale. Good quality and a super price.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

The Gride wrote: »
    Bargain Alert :

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6974635/Trail/searchtext%3EAIRSPRUNG+BED.htm

Got one in Bigmickey's yesterday with 4 drawers for €199. They are on sale this weekend at the monthly sale. Good quality and a super price.

The one in the Argos advert has 2 drawers. Has bigmickey them with 2 drawers for any cheaper ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Bit of a delay in posting this but here goes... We received our three beds (Oak sleigh bed, high end white pine double and single) along with three matresses about a month ago. The beds are very good quality, very sturdy, easy to put together and look great. :D
    We got a king size Dorlux matress which is excellent and a silentnight for the double which I think is even better value. Both are great to sleep on. Delivery was right on the agreed day and for free! The one small disappointment was the single 50e matress we got which is a bit like lying on lego as the springs stick out!! :o

Overall, very friendly service in the shop and during the delivery, great quality and a great sight seeing your neighbours look at the truck coming up your driveway :p Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

stooge wrote: »
    Bit of a delay in posting this but here goes... We received our three beds (Oak sleigh bed, high end white pine double and single) along with three matresses about a month ago. The beds are very good quality, very sturdy, easy to put together and look great. :D
    We got a king size Dorlux matress which is excellent and a silentnight for the double which I think is even better value. Both are great to sleep on. Delivery was right on the agreed day and for free! The one small disappointment was the single 50e matress we got which is a bit like lying on lego as the springs stick out!! :o

Overall, very friendly service in the shop and during the delivery, great quality and a great sight seeing your neighbours look at the truck coming up your driveway :p Thanks!
    Where did you buy them from?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement