Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

stooge wrote: »
    Bit of a delay in posting this but here goes... We received our three beds (Oak sleigh bed, high end white pine double and single) along with three matresses about a month ago. The beds are very good quality, very sturdy, easy to put together and look great. :D
    We got a king size Dorlux matress which is excellent and a silentnight for the double which I think is even better value. Both are great to sleep on. Delivery was right on the agreed day and for free! The one small disappointment was the single 50e matress we got which is a bit like lying on lego as the springs stick out!! :o

Overall, very friendly service in the shop and during the delivery, great quality and a great sight seeing your neighbours look at the truck coming up your driveway :p Thanks!

Hi

If you want to get a different single mattress, we are happy to accomodate you. As you can appreciate a €50 mattress is at the lower end of the scale. It is the cheapest that we stock. Give me a call or e mail and we will see what we can do for you.

furmi wrote: »
    The one in the Argos advert has 2 drawers. Has bigmickey them with 2 drawers for any cheaper ?

2 or 4 drawer, all the same price. Its just the way we got them in bulk. Not many left after the weekend sale. I think only about 3 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

Hi

If you want to get a different single mattress, we are happy to accomodate you. As you can appreciate a €50 mattress is at the lower end of the scale. It is the cheapest that we stock. Give me a call or e mail and we will see what we can do for you.

Thanks for the offer Mick! It wasn't really a complaint, more of a warning to not go too cheap on matresses! :o

Sent you a PM about another few items we are looking for. Couldnt make it in for the sale at the weekend but if you have anything in stock that suits we may be able to call in his coming weekend.

Cheers!

stooge wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Mick! It wasn't really a complaint, more of a warning to not go too cheap on matresses! :o

Sent you a PM about another few items we are looking for. Couldnt make it in for the sale at the weekend but if you have anything in stock that suits we may be able to call in his coming weekend.

Cheers!

Thats great. I always tell customers to spend as much as they can afford on the mattress whatever about anything else. Its the mattress thats the most important part of the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Question you Mr Mickey.

What have you got in king size mattresses for someone with a bad back?

Cheers!

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Question you Mr Mickey.

What have you got in king size mattresses for someone with a bad back?

Cheers!

I have sent you a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Can I get a quote for a price on a King Koil Visco 3000?

4ft 6 size

Delivered to Cork. Thanks!

Can I get a quote for a price on a King Koil Visco 3000?

4ft 6 size

Delivered to Cork. Thanks!

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks Big Mickey bought the mattress on Sunday and delivered next day.
    Great nights sleep last night and the other half is very happy.

Great price and great service.

Would recommend you to all and will definitely buy from here again in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Hey Mickey.

Really need some good advice, as I'd be definitely interested in getting a mattress from you.

We just moved into a new apartment and the mattress is giving me the worst backache every morning when I wake up. It's bad enough that I'm willing to fork out for a mattress out of my own pocket!!!

What would you recommend? I have €150, wish I could afford more but hopefully you will be able to come up with something for me? Also we are located in Galway, would the delivery be free?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Looking for white color or pine single bed frame and mattress for a child, so not too hard and decent quality.

@ sallybongers and @ kisugem

pm's sent

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Hi Mickey, looking for single mattress.Bought one in cost plus sofas,Galway branch,which never turned up so need a good deal if possible ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Hi Mickey,
    I'm looking for a firm single mattress for someone with very bad back delivered to Sligo. What would you suggest?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭leitrim1

leitrim1 wrote: »
    Does anybody know is this big mickey's or whats the position ?

http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-sale/harrison-beds/5343269

I saw this on DD and phoned up and was directed to a premises opposite big mickeys. I had a very small purchase from the main shop some time ago and was tempted to buy sofas from them recently and may still do but we have fallen in love with a Harrison bed at this place and while its so close to the main shop the young girl that showed me the beds said its a completely different business. Our purchase is around €2000 and a deposit of €500 was requested as its a special order (one side firm other side soft) but I'm just a little concerened to hand over a deposit as there are so many furniture places going under. I want to buy but am scared. Any advice ?

Just got word. The Harrison beds have arrived this morning and as we are local we are getting ours today. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement

@ catgalway and @ Roger00

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

Hello,

I'm looking to get a 5ft King Size mattress asap. Just moved into an old house and our current one is about 30 yrs old (literally) and is very uncomfortable and noisy. My better half moves a lot and wakes me at night so I'm looking for something that is solid enough not to let me feel the movement but not too firm as to be uncomfortable. I have been looking at a few places and then found this thread also. Can you send on suggestions with your best price? Thanks

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Looking for a SuperKing bed and matress, what have you got Mick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Also looking for a super king bed & mattress. Preferably one that's good for people with bad backs. Bought stuff from you a few years ago, happy customer returning!

@brimur69 + @Xennon + @toby2111

Pm's sent to all.

• Advertisement

Ah lads....... Didn't get up out of bed until 2 o clock today. Some job these Harrison beds. Time will tell but after only one night I'm a converted Harrison fan. I have never experienced anything like this before and have stayed in a few top hotels in my day. They are a bit of an investment but well worth it in my opinion.

Looking forward to going to bed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Hi
    Im also looking for Info on what you have in higher end super king.
    Mattress and maybe base.

Sent you a pm BigMickey with a shopping list!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Hiya Mickey, PM-ed ya for a price for a couple of different beds.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Hi
    Im also looking for Info on what you have in higher end super king.
    Mattress and maybe base.

Same as, send us a PM please.

@gerfmurphy + @ The Torment +@ barrybones_wx + @ Ting Tong

Pm's sent to all.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Bigmickey, I'm also in the market for superking divan with base., If price is right :)
    Currently have fairly hard mattress. Need something bit softer.
    Thanks

PM replied to BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Hi
    Im also looking for Info and prices on what you have in super king or king size mattress, base and headboard. Would suffer from a bad back so comfort is important!!

Based in Athlone.

Thanks.

It wont let me send a pm to bigmickey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

@gerfmurphy + @ The Torment +@ barrybones_wx + @ Ting Tong

Pm's sent to all.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie

any update on the leather bed size mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

Looking for a divan base 60 in × 78 in, already have a great mattress & a decent quality single mattress, not too hard not too soft, send me a pm BigMickey, thanks.

Hi all

I will answer any outstanding queries early in the morning. We have been out delivering since very early this morning and still not finished yet. Apologies, we have not forgot

Thanks

bigmickey

@ brinks 18476+ @Prince 20 +@ Fantastico

Pm's sent to all.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 magoko101

PM sent re: Kingsize firm ortho bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Got my bed last night from Mickey, total gent. Had a great night's sleep and the OH was thrilled with it. Cannot speak highly enough of Mick's helpfulness and customer service. Got in touch with him on Monday, had my bed on Tuesday. Helped bring the bed in, set it up the whole works. I got the impression he would have made the bed for me if he'd had the chance. In comparison to the humdrum service provided by most retailers in all markets, it really was a breath of fresh air.

Oh... and the bed i got was a bargain at the price of 399. For a similar spec. bed I would have been paying over 600-700 from what i could see in the shops I'd visited.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

and the bed i got was a bargain at the price of 399.

Which bed did you go for???? or was that a Mattress only buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

Hi all

I will answer any outstanding queries early in the morning. We have been out delivering since very early this morning and still not finished yet. Apologies, we have not forgot

Thanks

bigmickey

Hi

Looking for a kingsize mattress, my better half has a real bad back and our current one is not helping. Any help and prices appreciated. Based in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rosepetal_irl

Any ideas what a 4drawer kingsize divan and mattress min depth 25cm with delivery to Co. Galway (between Tuam and Glenamaddy) would be?

The bed we are on is 6years old the mattress is so sagged I might as well sleep on just the metal bars...my hips are in bits and I dont sleep all night so we need a new bed soon!!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

Hey all. Having recently returned from a holiday I finally figured out that my mattress is no good. What would you recommend when looking for a double mattress with good (lower) back support?

• Advertisement

Shai wrote: »
    Hey all. Having recently returned from a holiday I finally figured out that my mattress is no good. What would you recommend when looking for a double mattress with good (lower) back support?

Hi

we tried to pm you but were not able.

Our advice is always to go and try out the different beds. We don't recommed a bed for anyone as everyone is different. No matter where you buy you should always try out several different ones first. We have double mattresses from €99 upwards. If you buy without testing you will probably get something that does not suit your needs.

Bigmickey.ie

Thank you for your quick response. Not sure why PMing didn't work, it used to :/.

Reason I asked for advice is because it's pretty hard for me to get to your shop seeing as I don't have a car. I could take a train from Dublin to Longford no problem, but from there it seems to be a +1 hour walk to get to your place. There doesn't happen to be a bus I could take in Longford that would make this easier, would there?

Thank you for your quick response. Not sure why PMing didn't work, it used to :/.

Reason I asked for advice is because it's pretty hard for me to get to your shop seeing as I don't have a car. I could take a train from Dublin to Longford no problem, but from there it seems to be a +1 hour walk to get to your place. There doesn't happen to be a bus I could take in Longford that would make this easier, would there?

Hi

1. We collect customers from the train and bus station all the time and also leave them back as well. This is not a problem.

2. In circumstances where customers just cannot possibly make it to our shop, if they contact us and give us a rough idea of their needs. We can send a few mattresses to them (no obligation to buy) when there is a delivery van going near them with space on it. However, the best thing is to visit the shop as you will have a much wider choice there.

Give us a call and we can arrange whatever suits you best.

Wow :eek: you guys really are the kings of customer service.

I'll give you a call later in the week to see what suits you. We'll probably end up taking a train to Longford next week Saturday, and should arrive there around noon-early afternoon I'd say. I'll let you know once I know an exact time.

Thank you so much for all this.

I'll give you a call later in the week to see what suits you. We'll probably end up taking a train to Longford next week Saturday, and should arrive there around noon-early afternoon I'd say. I'll let you know once I know an exact time.

Great. Our monthly sale will be on so there will be lots to choose from. See you then.

Off to bed early again tonight on my beautiful Harrison mattress.

If anyone on here is buying a new mattress seriously consider Harrison. You won't regret it. They are fab.

Nite all !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Go to a local store and try out a few beds to know what suits. If you happen to find one elsewhere that is perfect ask Bigmickey what price he can do that mattress at........ pretty sure he would beat the price if he stocks it (or similar) and saves you a day trip :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

leitrim1 wrote: »
    Off to bed early again tonight on my beautiful Harrison mattress.

If anyone on here is buying a new mattress seriously consider Harrison. You won't regret it. They are fab.

Nite all !

How much are the Harrison's roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KinnegadKid

How much for a king sized mattress 60 x 78 inches?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 whatyamacallit

Can you send me a PM with the costs and make/models of your best 5' mattresses and do you deliver to Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi,

Looking for a convertible guest bed. One that has a normal 3ft single bed mattress but can be converted into a double with a mattress stored underneath.

Looking for one with proper mattresses - not futon style or foam mattress.

Cheers,
    Quad

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement