Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks for the PM!

A quick question about the Lauren and Despina beds (linked below):

1) Is the Lauren, the one you mentioned with the ortho mattresses?

2) Does the Despina have spring or foam mattresses?

3) Which do you think has the better mattress?

4) Can either/both of them be used as separate beds as well as a double?

http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_87_124&products_id=734

http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_77&products_id=1908

• Company Representative Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

@The Pontiac+ @ Kinnegad Kid + @ Whatyamacallit and @ quad red

Pm's sent to all

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

pm sent to bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭whiteboard

BM - Can you PM me with costs and make/models of mid range M/F 5' mattresses please?
    No memory foam please, just your run of the mill pocket/open spring jobs for everyday (night!) use.
    Usually silentnight buyers but will take advice.

Cheers
    Whitey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a convertible guest bed. One that has a normal 3ft single bed mattress but can be converted into a double with a mattress stored underneath.

Looking for one with proper mattresses - not futon style or foam mattress.

Cheers,
    Quad
    Can you please PM me with recommendations for the above. Thanks in advance. :)

Apologies everyone, I have been in UK since Monday evening and only back home in the last few mins. I will get all outstanding queries answered by pm in the morning.

Thank you

bigmickey.ie

@ MR NINE+ @ Ting Tong +@Pipmae + @Whiteboard

Pms sent to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wheres My ForkandKnife

I don't mean to p1ss on anyone's parade here but this thread seems to have decended into people announcing that pm's have been sent.

I don't doubt that bigmickey.ie provides excellent customer service but I don't really see any bargain alerts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Just had two amazing nights sleep on a Silentnight Witney double mattress that I got for €200, from Mick.

The mattress and the free delivery service were A+. The delivery guy, Ciaran, was bang on time and couldn't have been more helpful. The free delivery by itself is worthy of bargain alert status.

I couldn't recommend the product and service more highly. They were awesome... Good luck and continued success :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi BigMickey.ie

Can you recommend a kingsize mattress, preferably memory foam but open to recommendations?

Thanks,

rubberduckey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Hi BigMickey. Do you stock comfortable office chairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Hi,
    Looking for a 5' mattresses for a spare room. Doesnt need to be top level memory mattresses because its only for a spare room. Anything around the €200 mark? And what price is delivery to Cork?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dracularsa

Hi BigMickey

Would love your expert advise and quote please. We recently brought a house and need to buy our first mattresses ever and there seems to be a ton of different choices on the market.

For the main bedroom we would like a foam mattress as turning over does not wake the other person. What is the pro's and con's of a memory foam mattress and what other foam options is available for what price. We need a 5' one.

For the guest bedroom we would like a good quality affordable mattress for a 4'6'' bed.

Thanks

Hi,
    Looking for a 5' mattresses for a spare room. Doesnt need to be top level memory mattresses because its only for a spare room. Anything around the €200 mark? And what price is delivery to Cork?
    Thanks

Here is a Bargain Alert for you and anyone else looking for a 5ft (kingsize) mattresss cheap.

Jusr Arrived, Layezee kingsize mattress delivered anywhere in Ireland for €149. The company is part of the Silentnight group. The mattress comes rolled so will be delivered by courier in most cases.

€149 Delivered. No need to spend €200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Here is a Bargain Alert for you and anyone else looking for a 5ft (kingsize) mattresss cheap.

Jusr Arrived, Layezee kingsize mattress delivered anywhere in Ireland for €149. The company is part of the Silentnight group. The mattress comes rolled so will be delivered by courier in most cases.

Thanks, sounds good. I actually only just measured the base I have. It's 4 foot 6 inches so what do you have available in that?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

I think 4 foot 6 inches is the standard size of a double. Having recently bought a double from bigmickey, I can not speak highly enough of my experiences with Mick. Also, he's strong as an ox. The way he just grabbed that mattress out of his van without any effort, unbelievable.

Probably the best shopping experience I've ever had :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Shai wrote: »
    I think 4 foot 6 inches is the standard size of a double. Having recently bought a double from bigmickey, I can not speak highly enough of my experiences with Mick. Also, he's strong as an ox. The way he just grabbed that mattress out of his van without any effort, unbelievable.

Probably the best shopping experience I've ever had :).

Yeah, I must say best shopping experience I've ever had too. My Best Rest Bed is a dream. Sleeping better than I have in years - thanks a million Mickey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JJPD

Hi,

Can you let me know what options and prices you have for regular sized double beds-same question pretty much as fastfullback above.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

Another happy customer from Big Mickeys who ordered a bed for me that he had not in stock and delivered that along with a mattress to my door in Dublin. Cheers Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Is their website down? (bigmickey)

No problems here anyways. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

It's not working for me either; so I guess it must be down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Went down yesterday and ordered a nice Harrison mattress and Divan. Delivered to Dublin.

Thanks bigmickey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Me ould lady rang earlier and is waiting for call back...need a new bed so hope big mickey calls soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Micky any update on the black leather bed with diamonds?

• Advertisement

@ kingJamsie + blahblah06

pm s sent

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sosingle

Does big mickey do single sofa beds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Another satisfied customer here of BigMickey, got a king "Best Rest Bed" mattress which is delightful to sleep on, delivery direct to my bed in Dublin included. Excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

Hi,
    I am going to order a Harrisons mattress after trying it out in a furniture store at the weekend
    Just wondering bignickey if you sell mahagony sleigh beds and mahagony bedroom furniture also
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Me ould lady rang earlier and is waiting for call back...need a new bed so hope big mickey calls soon!

Your old lady called you at work to say she's waiting for big mickey to come over and get her into bed?

Too much information for the bargains forum, you're looking for swingers I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

What would you have in a double and a single for childs triple bunks - not too hard and decent quality

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

Hi guys,

Just a thanks to OP for this post
    Just finished an order with bigmickey and I cannot say enough good things about the price and service. Will deffo be ordering off bigmickey again.

Thanks

Malvec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Hi Mickey,

Just sent you a PM.Looking for another mattress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 munwin

Hey big mickey

This can hardly be a bargain alert but I saw 2 of yer vans at a house on Shrewsbury rd in Ballsbridge twice this week. Your prices must have gone up. Took a picture of them at the front of the house. Got a great laugh in the office with them.

Best of luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Another fan of Big Mickey (now there's a phrase I never thought I'd used), couldn't recommend him highly enough, great prices and amazing/great/brilliant service.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

Can big mickey sort this request for me and give me his best price please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Just got my Harrision bed delivered. Absolute lovely chap came to the door.He helped me set the bed up,took all packaging with him,and took away my old bed.

Really great experience dealing with BigMickey and I cant recommend him enough.

Thanks a million,hope to see you again in the future!

Finally getting to post my positive feedback. Got the Lauren single bed with the guest bed underneath. Very happy with the purchase and service. My very fussy 2.25 year old is VERY happy with her new bed. Mammy and Daddy are extremely happy that she stays in it until morning. They have their bed back.

I would definitely use BigMickey again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Hey BigMickey, PM sent to you. Looking for price on superking divan with drawers. Cheers!

Another happy customer here - particularly the 2 year old who loves her new bed. Mammy and daddy are very happy she's seeing them less in the wee hours of the morning.

Great service from BigMickey - the free delivery is an excellent deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pipmae wrote: »
    Another happy customer here - particularly the 2 year old who loves her new bed. Mammy and daddy are very happy she's seeing them less in the wee-wee hours of the morning.
    FYP :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

how much are the harrison mattresses guys?

Are these generally considered the best mattresses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm on the lookout for one too, or a very good quality/brand mattress. Anyone know what shops in dublin stock these? My back is in bits so urgently looking for a mattress. Thinking of a good sprung mattress with a layer of memory foam. Any suggestions welcom!

I'm on the lookout for one too, or a very good quality/brand mattress. Anyone know what shops in dublin stock these? My back is in bits so urgently looking for a mattress. Thinking of a good sprung mattress with a layer of memory foam. Any suggestions welcom!

I don't know if BigMickey stocks them (or can source them) but I'd highly recommend a Relyon mattress. They have them in Arnotts.

http://www.relyon.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

This is a Bargain Alerts thread, and unless bigmickey.ie starts to post again here, the thread should be closed imo.

For a long time now all we have seen from bigmickey.ie is "PM sent" and post Thanks.

Maybe it is time for a separate forum?

Not your ornery onager

Pipmae wrote: »
    I don't know if BigMickey stocks them (or can source them) but I'd highly recommend a Relyon mattress. They have them in Arnotts.

http://www.relyon.co.uk

We have Superkingsize Relyon mattresses in stock for €250. Only Superkingsize available.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

@BigMickey - what Reylon mattresses you got in stock? Which one of that Reylon.co.uk site?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭leitrim1

Yep, without doubt, Harrison is the best. We spend over 2k on our bed. No regrets and would do so again without hesitation. You can't put a price on a good nights sleep and have had no back ache since either. You would have to experience it for yourself to understand. Good luck in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 munwin

Got one of these Kingsize mattresses from Big Mickey last weekend at the sale. Its nice n comfy. Great price at only €149. I collected myself as it comes flat packed and I just popped it in the car.

Thanks Mickey. Your van advertising works, thats what got my attention in the first place and it just happened that I needed a mattress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

munwin wrote: »

Got one of these Kingsize mattresses from Big Mickey last weekend at the sale. Its nice n comfy. Great price at only €149. I collected myself as it comes flat packed and I just popped it in the car.

Thanks Mickey. Your van advertising works, thats what got my attention in the first place and it just happened that I needed a mattress.

Have you got a link to this offer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement