Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 munwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭Fat Nav

Any single bed mattresses for electric beds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

looking for a decent memory foam topper for a double bed, hoping for something in and around €50...any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Obro

Got a Rest Assured 2000 Pocket Sprung mattress from big mickey in Longford and delivered to Waterford a month ago for €400. It was new but had a very slight mark on one corner due to a rip in the plastic bag. A rub of a wet cloth removed the mark totally in a flash. This mattress is the biggest size that is made. It is superking size and was in some other shops from €1200 to €1400. I meant to post before now but was giving it a good trial period before I would recommend it. Don't let these surface marks put anyone off getting a bargain as the plastic bag was original and still heat sealed. Definately worth a mention in Bargain Alerts. I will be back big mickey !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

My first time buying a mattress as Im a grown up now with my own house and mortgage.yay! So, I did my research, tested out several shops in teh post XMas sales. Comfort interiors in Ballybrack was pretty good but teh King Koil extended life mattrtess we saw there was about 900-1000 in their sale and the same mattress was 739 in the Castle Furniture sale in Bray.

In the end we decided to go for a softer mattress. And after all the hype online about bigmickey.ie we went for a trip up on new years eve. Mick opened up specially for us and showed us his Harrisson range first. He warned us that 90% of customers who test them buy them, and within 5 minutes of testing all tehm we could see the difference.

We ended up buying a Harrisson 4000 pocket sprung for 999. Way more expensive than we thought we'd spend but we got a couch for free off the internet so we could afford to spend more on the bed. We decided to not buy a divan and get teh most out of buying a better mattress too, so Mick being a gent said he had a spare slightly damaged divan lying around and not to worry about the divan! He musta known we are skint after just buying a house.

The Harrisons come with teh option to have one side firm and the other side soft, tehy are made to order! We ended up choosing medium all over though. And they have their own sheep farm where they get, I believe, the organic wool fillings for the mattresses along with cashmere and other fillings. These fillings are so good they dont need chemical flame retardents like king koil or kaymeds would.

We also picked up a solid oak tv base at a great price as it was ex display and a good deal on dining table and chairs.

The quality of the stuff seemed better than most places like Next or Ikea. Solid oak stuff for cheaper than a chipboard with oak veneer in Ikea? I will never shop in Ikea again. BigMickey all the way.

To top it off Mick gave us a double memory foam pillow set on the way out .the price on it was 15 euro but usually retailed at about 45 I reckon.

To double top it off-the delivery is free!

Well worth an hours drive from the M50.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Anything in Kingsize at the moment? We have a 100% memory foam at the moment but I think we need more support. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

Anything king size ... Cheap but amazing support for two sufferers from bad backs . Here's hoping......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Was just looking at the mickey site and they have a sale the first weekend of every month too. Anyone know if theres anything good? Do they just bring out the crap they want to get rid of and put that on sale or does their regular stock go on sale?

We are looking for a new mattress, but are going away this weekend... if the sale was decent wed try and squeeze in the trip.

thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

he only opens once a month for the sales usually, hence the sales. its everything he has thats on sale and if you go down with an idea of what you want he will look after you. He doesnt seem to try sell you crap either like other stores might. He gets you to try it and then you can decide if you like it or not. be prepared though, even though you go down you might not expect to buy anything, yet youll end up kitting your whole house out because the prices are so good, the cs is so good and the delivery is free. He tends to throw stuff in as well if you get a bit of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

leitrim1 wrote: »
    Yep, without doubt, Harrison is the best. We spend over 2k on our bed. No regrets and would do so again without hesitation. You can't put a price on a good nights sleep and have had no back ache since either. You would have to experience it for yourself to understand. Good luck in your search.

If anyone's interested I shopped around for best deal on a Harisson Spinks Ruby 8000 king-size mattress last year and the best price I got was from Sienna.ie (they're based in Waterford but shipment to Dublin was free).

Original labels etc plus full warranty from Harisson Spinks.

Worth checking out anyhow... I now have a mattress I'll miss when I stay in hotels (rather than the other way round :D)

hmm seems they have a Harrison promo on now too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

We'll have to take your word about the promotion because they seem massively reluctant to show any prices on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭leitrim1

mrcheez wrote: »
    If anyone's interested I shopped around for best deal on a Harisson Spinks Ruby 8000 king-size mattress last year and the best price I got was from Sienna.ie (they're based in Waterford but shipment to Dublin was free).

Original labels etc plus full warranty from Harisson Spinks.

Worth checking out anyhow... I now have a mattress I'll miss when I stay in hotels (rather than the other way round :D)

hmm seems they have a Harrison promo on now too...

I have connections with Waterford and I also got a price in Sienna. I got a price in Arnott’s in Dublin too and I also asked some crowd in Limerick. Between them all there was as little as €50 or €75 of a difference. The reason for this I believe is that this bed company ( Harrison) only make to order. You can’t go in today and take the bed away with you today. You have to wait for it to be made for you. I also phoned up north but the shops there were not interested in delivering down south and with the currency exchange it actually worked out more expensive than down south. The only difference between all the shops that we visited was the amount of beds on display. Some had as little as 3 but in Longford there was at least 20 or maybe even more to try out.
    We ordered a dual firmness mattress from Aoife in Stylish Interiors in Longford and it took about 3 weeks which was faster than other shops quoted (as much as 8 Weeks). We got an amazing bed and customer service from her and even a phone call about a month after delivery to see was everything ok but the bargain alert in all of this is not to do with money but to do with the amazing sleep that you get from one of these beds. As I said before “ you can’t put a price on a good night’s sleep”
    I’m sure everyone that has them will agree.

We'll have to take your word about the promotion because they seem massively reluctant to show any prices on their site.

aye, I had to ring them to inquire about pricing, but their price beat the rest by 150 eurobucks. Ask for Paul Lenehan, he gave me the original deal.

aye, I had to ring them to inquire about pricing, but their price beat the rest by 150 eurobucks. Ask for Paul Lenehan, he gave me the original deal.

I work on the basis that if I wanted to ring around for prices, I wouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

If a company's got a website, and they're not showing prices on it, I assume it's because their prices won't stand up to quick comparisons. On the phone, they can easily fudge what it is they're selling at a given price.

If a company's got a website, and they're not showing prices on it, I assume it's because their prices won't stand up to quick comparisons. On the phone, they can easily fudge what it is they're selling at a given price.

lol take my advice or leave it, there's nothing to "fudge" about what they're selling as they are re-sellers for Harisson Spinks (as are the other 3 or 4 official sellers of their mattresses in Eire), so you order a HS mattress off them, that's exactly what you get. :rolleyes:

incidentally I don't see HS mattress prices on mickey's either, or am I missing the link on the site?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

sorry a bit off topic...

I was doing some research on the Harrisson mattresses and came across this site, which discusses the importance of the GSM (Grams per Square Metre) value of the upholstery in the mattresses. One poster in the comments section called Tom said that he tried to get this info from Harrisson but that they wouldn't divulge the info.

Mick, would you be able to get the GSM values of their mattresses if I sent you a list of ones I was interested in?

The Harrisson mattress I tried felt good, but would be good to know how much wool/etc is actually in it.

If you even read your own post of 28/7/13 it should be fairly obvious why you will not find Harrison Beds prices on www.bigmickey.ie as we are not the agents, Stylish Interiors, Minard House, Sligo Rd Longford are and if anyone has any doubts about this then here are the contact details for Harrison Beds in UK :

Harrison Spinks Ltd
    Westland Road
    Leeds
    LS 115 SN
    Tel : 0044 1132055200

Sometimes it is better to pass on a deal and I think this is what happened in this case.

If you even read your own post of 28/7/13 it should be fairly obvious why you will not find Harrison Beds prices on www.bigmickey.ie as we are not the agents, Stylish Interiors, Minard House, Sligo Rd Longford are and if anyone has any doubts about this then here are the contact details for Harrison Beds in UK

No worries, just that when I asked Debbie Needham (dneedham@harrisonspinks.co.uk) to give me a list of their suppliers in Eire she responded

Stockists are: Sienna home furnishings at Waterford on 00353 5159 5005, Arnotts in Dublin on 00353 1805 0400, John E Coyle in Galway on 00353 9170 9550 and Wogans at Drogheda on 00353 4198 39620.

so those are the ones I contacted (along with yourselves) to get different prices, I think Stylish Interiors were only getting setup at that stage so that might be the reason she didn't include them?

Anyway I didn't realise this was a private thread, and am just suggesting alternative mattress suppliers for HS so that people can shop around for the best "bargain" (hence the Forum title) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Just want to post a BIG THANK YOU to Mick at Big Mickeys for the great work he done in getting me a Mattress down to Kerry and a pickup of the old one for disposal!!

Wife is really happy with new mattress and already says that her poor back is much improved!

Mick kept us in the loop at all stages and delivered and collected as promised!

So - Well Done Mick and hope you have a Prosperous 2014.

'The Mother' says she'll be back as well for some bits for her own place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Another post of thanks for Big Mickey - went up a few months back, caught the bus and they came and picked me up and dropped me back to the station which was a huge help (especially as I was on crutches!) Bought a Harrison 3000 spring memory foam topped mattress custom made to size as I have an king-size ikea bed, cost was around €1000-ish but he threw in some custom fitted sheets and some pillows too, as well as took away my old mattress.

The mattress is AMAZING - I was having tons of back problems with my old one, and the difference is like night and day. Yes I could have got a cheaper mattress elsewhere - but I can't imagine it would be as good as the one I have now, and I can't imagine anyone providing better service... I really want to emphasise this - it was hands down the best customer service I've experienced in a really really long time... thanks Mick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

MODS

I posted here yesterday along with other posters but all the posts are not showing up today. It may be due to the fact that the site was under maintenance yesterday. I have also noticed the same has happened on many other threads that I follow. I will wait to see if it is corrected today before I post again.

• Advertisement

All posts added (from the morning onwards yesterday) were deleted because they had to perform a restore from backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Just another happy customer here , rang bigmickey.ie the week before christmas, he had it sent out that evening and I had a slight hitch but it was with the couriers but gave him a ring and in fairness he was on the ball and kept me informed and kept in contact until the bed was delivered very happy with the purchase and customer service 2nd to none would happily deal with them again.

I got a 4ft 6 mattress for 150 delivered

... and we're back to the "great guy to deal with" comments :D, unfortunate these weren't deleted yesterday making this thread purely about bargains (and probably 20 pages shorter). Makes it a nightmare for newbies to scroll through to find the info regarding deals.

... btw I got a great haircut in Parnell Barbers today, excellent customer service, great guy to deal with! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

... and we're back to the "great guy to deal with" comments :D, unfortunate these weren't deleted yesterday making this thread purely about bargains (and probably 20 pages shorter). Makes it a nightmare for newbies to scroll through to find the info regarding deals.

... btw I got a great haircut in Parnell Barbers today, excellent customer service, great guy to deal with! :P

A bargain is not just always about price. No point in buying something cheap and then finding out there is no customer service or back up from the seller when things go wrong. Its good to see consistant comments. Good customer service is in short supply these days !

The Gride wrote: »
    Good customer service is in short supply these days !

Is it? I have rarely had problems whenever I buy something... and the odd time I have had a problem it is normally rectified quickly as is to be expected from basic customer service.

In fact I would only post up if a company gave me bad customer service.

For example I bought a 32GB memory stick from MyMemory on 25th Dec... it arrived from the UK about 4 days later. Excellent customer service but I didn't bother posting up about it as it was what is reasonably expected from this company.

Now I think after 42 pages we can reasonably assume BigMickey give good customer service but is it too much to ask to limit posts on Bargain Alerts to listing bargains?

shortie111 wrote: »
    mrcheeze posted the above but he must have been giving out of date information as I tried contacting them all. Coyles in Galway are closed a long time and Wogans in Drogheda are not harrison agents.

aye I think Harrisson need to update their info, seems Sienna, Stylish Interiors and Arnotts are the only players in Eire for the Harissons, and you can be guaranteed Arnotts will be excessively priced (but handy for testing the mattresses if you are based in Dublin). Stylish Interiors replace the Harisson label with their own for some reason so that might bother some, but if the Harisson warranty is guaranteed then there's probably nothing to worry about.

Enjoy yer new mattress and don't forget to turn it every 2 weeks for first 8 weeks (was a bit of a challenge for me turning a king-size on my own as the things are bloody heavy!)

Stylish Interiors replace the Harisson label with their own for some reason so that might bother some, but if the Harisson warranty is guaranteed then there's probably nothing to worry about.

Stylish Interiors don't replace any labels. All Harrison beds supplied to Stylish Interiors have their labels fixed to them in the Harrison factory during production. John Lewis Uk are the biggest buyers of Harrison in the world and all those mattresses are supplied by Harrison with a John Lewis label which is also fixed to them during production. All guarantees and warranties are exactly the same no matter where you buy. All Stylish Interiors mattresses come with the original "Harrison" guarantee attached at one of the carry handles. The customer fills in this and returns it directly to Harrison themselves where all details are recorded. Harrison design, print and attach all the labels no matter who the customer is.

This practice goes on in all bed manufacturers as it does in many other industries also.

Stylish Interiors don't replace any labels. All Harrison beds supplied to Stylish Interiors have their labels fixed to them in the Harrison factory during production.

ah gotcha, I misunderstood when I was talking to Mick about it over the phone last summer as I thought he said they add their own label once they receive the mattress. Just that the original Harisson label you see in Arnotts listing the layers and which side is summer/winter was quite handy to have, but I assume your one has this info too.

ah gotcha, Just that the original Harisson label you see in Arnotts listing the layers and which side is summer/winter was quite handy to have, but I assume your one has this info too.

The ones in Stylish Interiors have that very same information. There is no difference apart from the label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hi bigmickey,

We were on the website today and would like to know if Eclipse Charcoal is available in King Size, would this be the bed frame only or with the mattress?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

!!!A Big Up for BigMickey!!!

I headed up to BigMickeys this weekend, based on the feedback I got from this forum! Everything that’s was said was spot-on!! Thanks to all for they recommendations!!

Rang Mick first, mentioned I was looking for a King size bed and mattress for ourselves. (Haven’t a bulls notion about mattresses). First thing he mentioned, don’t buy till you lay on it!! Headed into Local Branded Stores!! Had a good idea want we wanted !!Gave loads of advice, no pushy sell and call him back if I had any more questions.

Rang Mick Again, decided to call upto him 2hr drive with her-in-doors and they monkies. Had decided on a metal bed for the small fella, Ended up getting a far superior Mattress and a solid timer bed for fraction of the price!! Well worth the trip!!!

I would suggest to ring him, even if you saw furniture somewhere else, I’m quite sure he can source it for a good price!!

And they are delivering FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

!!!A Big Up for BigMickey!!!

Again I don't see the bargain alert here. Most bed companies deliver for free and provide advice. This thread looks like free advertising than bargain alerts... they really should setup a "Talk to" for BigMickey similar to what Richer Sounds have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Again I don't see the bargain alert here.

You obviously haven't bought anything from him then, do you think people would be prepared to drive from wexford and kerry to longford for a bed if it wasn't a bargain. He even sorted me out with a ginormous block of foam for my campervan mattress.

moodrater wrote: »
    do you think people would be prepared to drive from wexford and kerry to longford for a bed if it wasn't a bargain.

No because the cost of petrol largely negates any savings you would make.

Anyway (imho) this thread should contain content like "Got this mattress for 50% off the price it cost in [insert other shop name]", etc.

Showing prices in your posts might be helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

There was a thread here previously that was just bigmickey. it ended up getting deleted afaik. This is a thread for good deal on beds / mattresses. While it may seem to you that everyone here is talking about bigmickey, if you looked through the thread you would find posts about other stores. Having said that I kitted out my entire house with stuff from bigmickey and posted pictures and even recommended loads to him. the price I got was a hellovalot cheaper then anywhere else, and I would rather someone tell me about a store like his then the other stores that would just take my money. I shopped around and couldnt get a better deal.
    You seem to be constantly complaining about the thread, or people saying about the good deal they got from bigmickey but 2 threads and hundreds of posts saying they got a good deal just shows its a good deal. And as for the customer service from bigmickey well some mornings he even makes a fry, * he offered us one because we had travelled for hours in the snow. you wouldnt find that anywhere else, and if you can find a bargain or a good deal on beds then post it
    and if it bothers you that much about petrol, take a trip down on the train, it was posted here that he picked up a potential customer from the train station

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    You seem to be constantly complaining about the thread, or people saying about the good deal they got from bigmickey but 2 threads and hundreds of posts saying they got a good deal just shows its a good deal. And as for the customer service from bigmickey well some mornings he even makes a fry, * he offered us one because we had travelled for hours in the snow. you wouldnt find that anywhere else, and if you can find a bargain or a good deal on beds then post it

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Mickey's operation, but a lot of the posts tend to be (what I consider) off-topic (or more like Talk To...) rather than mentioning specific bargain alerts.

OK I'll drop it and leave it in the hands of the mods! :rolleyes:

EDIT: And yes I did post a bargain alert, but was seemingly attacked by the subsequent poster who complained that the Harrisson Spinks prices weren't published on the shop's site, to which I pointed out that HS prices are generally NOT posted on anyone's site. I guess the response I got to my post made me a bit suspicious of the bias in the thread.

The shop I dealt with had excellent customer service also and I conversed with the owner who checked that everything was ok after I received the mattress, etc, but I feel that wasn't a relevant bit of info, as much as the fact I got the mattress for 150 euro cheaper than anywhere else, which IS relevant info for bargain alerts.

Again I don't see the bargain alert here. Most bed companies deliver for free and provide advice. This thread looks like free advertising than bargain alerts... they really should setup a "Talk to" for BigMickey similar to what Richer Sounds have

I Understand where your coming from, threads that go on forever with no bargain! Guys bought a TV/tablet at 90% discount and start talking about delivery, accessories but the product cannot be bought anymore! Yeah , No bargain!!!!

Difference with ‘BigMickeys’ is that there is Varity of products, beds, suites of furniture that they offer a great deal!!! But if it does suit you can walk away with no cost!!

You’re not going to buy a Bed/Table/Chairs at 99% discount, if you don’t need them.

My other half has been busting my chops about getting a new bed and honestly I went to every top branded supplier in Limerick. I can tell you for a fact that Ezliving wanted €40 for a 5 mile delivery, that’s what threw me over the edge. They were the cheapest for what we wanted, Ideally I wanted a better quality product but we knew it was out of our range!

I got a better quality product for the same price and more importantly I spoke to the Main Man!! BigMickey!!!

Take or leave it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I didn't travel to Longford, I spoke to BigMickey on the phone about our requirements, he did advise us to travel up just in case to take a look but we didn't. It was a hotel contract bed and mattress we got a year ago, I don't know BigMickey but it genuinely was the best customer service experience I have had and the bed has been incredible, have never slept better and the price was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Any opinions/deals on mattress toppers? Or would you better off with a new mattress altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Is it possible to get a medium firm mattress on one side and a firm one on the other. Or even 2 mattress on the one kingsize frame

Both the missis and myself have different tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

Hi big mickey

Any of those Silentnight Mattress Now in the sale this weekend ? I got some of you a couple of years ago and they are still great. They were €200 at the time I think....... a great bargain looking back. Can you let me know ? Is the sale on Sunday as well I might pop down ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Bigmickey.....why thank posts that are direct questions to you? Why not answer the posts so people other than the person asking the question can benefit from the reply, assuming you are replying by PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hey Big Mickey on the look out for a decent double bed Mattress. Mattress defo and maybe a base too if it is reasonable (just a simple solid divan base).

What do you recommend?

Mattress budget 150-200.
    Base around the same.

Bigmickey.....why thank posts that are direct questions to you? Why not answer the posts so people other than the person asking the question can benefit from the reply, assuming you are replying by PM.

Hi Boardsmember

Thanks for your interest. If you read back this thread you will see that there were a few comments from other members that this is a "bargain alerts" thread and should be kept as one so rather than pi**ing anyone off we started answering all posts directed to us by pm with a thanks acknowledgment so others could see that all posts got noticed by us.

We are more than happy to assist/help anyone on here. To avoid annoying others it is probably best to do so by pm. If boards.ie give us the green light to answer such queries in the bargain alerts thread then we are more than happy to do so .

Thanks

bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi bigmickey.ie,
    As you as say this is a bargain alert thread and like all bargains highlighted people will often say it is cheaper here or there to help others.
    For example people will say this SSD drive is € in pixmania and someone will advise amazon.
    Surely if that was the case you would answer on thread so that people can advise others if it is a genuine bargain? Give the brand name and model.
    Also you should be in the talk to section as nobody knows if they are getting a true bargain or just following the crowd?

Regards,
    KMB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'm looking for a decent quality super king size bed that's medium firmness.

What have you got Mickey?

As from my previous posts, I've highly recommend BigMickeys! But I'm like most people are, who am I? A friend or an employee of BigMickeys, I'm neither! But in fairness, u can buy any product from an cheap copy €5 to the real thing €5000!
    Asking someone what's the cheapest Bed or Mattress, is how long is a piece of string! The best advice is go and lie on the Mattress (you spend half your life on it)

I was searching for a while, ring him or meet him! I got my bed and mattress dilvered free and he threw in a football team picture for one of my boys Brithday!

You have nothing to lose by either PM or ringing him!

Believe me or not! Best of luck!

kmb wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey.ie,
    As you as say this is a bargain alert thread and like all bargains highlighted people will often say it is cheaper here or there to help others.
    For example people will say this SSD drive is € in pixmania and someone will advise amazon.
    Surely if that was the case you would answer on thread so that people can advise others if it is a genuine bargain? Give the brand name and model.
    Also you should be in the talk to section as nobody knows if they are getting a true bargain or just following the crowd?

Regards,
    KMB

Hi KMB

We would love to be able to but under the terms and conditions of the Verified Representative Agreement we are very limited in what we can say on here.

Surely it is up to the boards members to say if something is a bargain or not and not us. I would image as per the terms and conditions if we started posting bargains on here our account would be shut down. We would love to be able to answer freely but we are limited to what we can say. We have spoken to boards.ie about " Talk to " and other matters and this may be a possible in the future.

Members can call in to us, e mail, phone or pm us and we are happy to answer any questions. We monitor the boards account at regular intervals throughout the day and I believe all queries are answered in a timely fashion.

If anyone needs any further info/help or advise please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie

kmb wrote: »

That's what I suggested from the start. Would be ideal for Mickey's business! I've found Richer Sounds are excellent in their Talk To forum.

The Talk to... forums are a moneyspinner for boards, which is why bigmickey isn't allowed to do much that's useful as a "verified" account, other than prove that they are who they say they are.

Talk to... makes sense for a big national business but not so much for a small trader, I don't think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement