Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

+1 for Big Mickey very helpfull got a good deal and threw in a Duvet and matress cover for free.
    Info@bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

HI Dee, have you been to the store in Longford? I've posted here last year when i did purchase from Big Mickey so I'm a customer who spent quiet a bit with him and realised substantial savings. I've kept an eye on this thread ever since (those quieter moments at work) out of pure curiosity and the feedback all appears to come from customers of Mr Mickey. I've never noticed him posting anything or responding to anything on this thread so I think your missing the point of the thread which is simply to enable customers to share their experience of dealing with Mr Mickey. Have you had a negative experience in dealing with him? There's nearly 60,000 views on this thread so surely if someone has had a bad experience they would communicate it here. I do intend to buy off him again because I found him an extremely helpful bloke to deal with. I dont think its helpful for you to ridicule or belittle other customers opinions but I would love to hear more about your experiences in your dealings and why you felt you may have been mis-lead. Like any good story, dont spare the details lol I've always wondered why he doesnt come on here and respond to this thread similar to vodafone, komplett etc? My two cents :-)
    dee. wrote: »
    Because god forbid someone not come on here and praise big Mickey. We're all entitled to our own opinions. I too, think the deals are not as great as he tries to make out. Some savings, yes, but not always the ones you are told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

pablo21 wrote: »
    I've always wondered why he doesnt come on here and respond to this thread similar to vodafone, komplett etc? My two cents :-)
    because then he'd have to pay like Vodafone and Komplett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

because then he'd have to pay like Vodafone and Komplett.

A good point, and very well put my friend!! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Big Mickey or CP Furniture Sales for the win here.

And for anyone who wants to rubbish both companies......................................

Before you come on here posting tripe about either company,get up off your arse and go and visit each company and then you might be a bit surprised at how much cheaper and better both mentioned companies are than anyone else.

Customer reviews and customer satisfaction count for alot.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

rai555 wrote: »
    I was tempted to buy stuff from Micky, especially with reputation build on boards.ie , with many ( not sure how many ) happy customers. I had my own preferences, i believe nothing unusual, made few requests by email and phone. Mick seems to be busy man, but apart from "we might be doing something right" heard nothing more constructive.
    Perhaps it's only me, should be bad time with sales he's doing, after few emails i wrote, i was asked to leave it with him. All i can say - i left it with him and bought locally. Must be hundreds of happy customers, just not me :D

Oredered my mattress from BigMickey over the phone, seems he had busy time but find time for me also, replyed my my multiple emails and calls, thumbs up for customer service and patience. Would have him as example of excellent customer care

It is tricky business to find the right mattress as you need to try first, would be a lot easier to make your mind from the pictures for furniture. And once you tried - go for Micky

Would highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭digit1

I bought a Respa mattress from a well known Irish internet retailer about 3 months ago and it has not worked out for me. After a few days I discussed the matter with them but they did'nt want to know. I went on the sales persons advice- BIG MISTAKE. I had the mattress up on Donedeal for sale. I sold it for a third of what I paid for it.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bedroom/3343242
    so I was in the market again and I did'nt intend in making the same mistake of not testing out a few different ones. Where to go ?
    I contacted some of the different shops here in Dublin and I also contacted bigmickey.ie in Longford. From the begining, Mick showed great interest in me and talked me through quite a few of the big brand mattresses but said that I really needed to visit him and try them so I did last weekend and fell for a Silentnight Miracoil 8 with a 2100 pocket sprung. Its massive. I only have it a few days but already I can feel such a difference and the beauty of it is that if It does not work out for me, Mick said to let him know and promised me that I would not be left stuck with it unlike the last company that I dealt with.

A big thank you to Bigmickey.ie and everyone that posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

digit1 wrote: »
    I bought a Respa mattress from a well known Irish internet retailer about 3 months ago and it has not worked out for me. After a few days I discussed the matter with them but they did'nt want to know. I went on the sales persons advice- BIG MISTAKE. I had the mattress up on Donedeal for sale. I sold it for a third of what I paid for it.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bedroom/3343242
    so I was in the market again and I did'nt intend in making the same mistake of not testing out a few different ones. Where to go ?
    I contacted some of the different shops here in Dublin and I also contacted bigmickey.ie in Longford. From the begining, Mick showed great interest in me and talked me through quite a few of the big brand mattresses but said that I really needed to visit him and try them so I did last weekend and fell for a Silentnight Miracoil 8 with a 2100 pocket sprung. Its massive. I only have it a few days but already I can feel such a difference and the beauty of it is that if It does not work out for me, Mick said to let him know and promised me that I would not be left stuck with it unlike the last company that I dealt with.

A big thank you to Bigmickey.ie and everyone that posted here.

How much did you pay?

I paid €399 for it in Kingsize. He says he has big recuctions at the moment due to a factory closing in Uk. I was also looking at a Silentnight 1550 pocket sprung for €349 but I decided to go the extra in the end. Price included delivery to dublin and that took place the very next day. I have never seen so much mattresses in one place before. There are thousands of mattresses in his shop and warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Just to let ye know, I rang this man about a mattress and he was honest in that it was not a good idea buying a mattress over the phone.I had looked in cork but cannot stand pushy sales people who use the "I have one of them myself" lines (Harvey). Told him what was looking for and he said he had just the thing for me, no pressure to buy while very interested in the sale at the same time going by the time he took talking to us. Went to dublin for wknd and said I'd take a spin to him. The mattress was just as described, had googled it and could not find it cheaper even on uk sites. it is a silentnite 1000 with memory foam top.
    The man is decent, even gave us a bottle of wine to "celebrate" the first nite with the mattress!! Bought 3 beds in total and will be back to him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Does anyone know if a 4'6 double bed which is only 5ft in length exists?

Am looking for a double bed for my daughter but she doesnt need the length and a shorter bed would free up some space in her bedroom!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

branners69 wrote: »

Am looking for a double bed for my daughter but she doesnt need the length and a shorter bed would free up some space in her bedroom!

Thanks

You'd be very lucky to find a shop that would stock that but a company like Respa would make one for you if you call to a shop that stocks them. Think it takes about 3 weeks.

branners69 wrote: »

Thanks

Bigmickey does odd size mattresses. My work colleague got one for a boat of him for €70. It was an odd ball thing but the exact size he was looking for. He had caravan ones also and he said he could have one made for him within a few days if he wanted something different. Give him a call and see. Its worth a shot.

As regards Respa, see my earlier post and what I did'nt say on here was I got my old Respa mattress back again. The guy that bought it from me off Donedeal brought it back and demanded his money back. He could not use it either. I ended up giving it to St Vincent de Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Edit: Sorted - he lost his phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shaycass

I know Big Mickey has lost his phone so he might have lost your number try him again or www.bigmickey.ie phone number is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Another happy customer here. Great bed , great price, great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Shaycass wrote: »
    I know Big Mickey has lost his phone so he might have lost your number try him again or www.bigmickey.ie phone number is there.

Yeah, phone stolen from his van in Dublin. He rang my sister who had bought stuff from him recently looking for my number so that he could contact my neighbour through me.

Its terrible when you loose a phone, I lost mine 2 years ago in a taxi and it took me at least 6 months to get all my contacts back again.

When I was dealing with him, I rang & emailed him. Have a slight issue with one of the beds (my error not his) and he is sorting it for me, great customer service. If i bought any other place would have no comeback, other retailers could learn from his after sales service. You should email him as if phone is gone he wont know you were looking for him. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

Speaking from the point of view of someone with a dodge back, I always have used Celtic Bedding out in the Cherry Orchard Ind Est. I could not recommend their florida orthopaedic range highly enough. Have used for years and have recommended them to many people who have subsequently bought from them and love the mattress. They are not too expensive either and deliver. But mainly posting on the comfort aspect. You can't and should not put a price on a good night's sleep!

Having read all the positive comments about Big Mickey here I rang him about a load of furniture I was interesed in... he'd said he call me back, 3 days later no return call, we rang him again, said he was emptying a container and would ring me back when he was done, never rang back.

We're going to try one last time.

• Advertisement

Ya, lost his phone... sorted! Thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I fully agree that you can't put a price on a good nights sleep, that's why i drove down to BigMickeys to have a look myself. Bought an Aries Black Leather double bed frame and a Rest Assured 1000 pocket memory venetian mattress together for 600e including the free delivery back up to Dublin. Very happy with the bed, perfect fit, very comfy, sturdy and great value for money. Not to mention the personal delivery and continued updates on my order. Would definately recommend BigMickeys to anyone lookinng for a new bed, there's also other furniture down in his showroom; so i might be back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Can anyone recommend a similar mattress to the tempur cloud. Will give bigmickey a ring also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My Missus just showed me there are lots of half price mattresses on the latest offers supplement for Argos, can be seen online of course too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

so after reading the fabulous reviews here I set out a few weekends ago to Big Mickeys, over an hours drive away and what a feckin let down!

Talk about an anti-climax (pun intended) Mickey was running around like a blue arse fly and i mean literally running and out of breath - we were looking for double beds and mattresses. He had no double bed frames in our price range, despite his advertisements on his website and the mattresses he had in stock that day were sh1te - he had apparently sold out of all the good ones. The customer service i heard so much about was rubbish.

We got our bed frames half price in argos, and last weekend attended a local furniture liquidation sale and picked up our mattresses at a great price. Big Mickey..... Big Disaster. Oh and Mickey if your reading this go hire a sales assistant for busy weekends so your potential customers don't feel like clobs when you are running out of breath around them!

garden wrote: »
    so after reading the fabulous reviews here I set out a few weekends ago to Big Mickeys, over an hours drive away and what a feckin let down!

Talk about an anti-climax (pun intended) Mickey was running around like a blue arse fly and i mean literally running and out of breath - we were looking for double beds and mattresses. He had no double bed frames in our price range, despite his advertisements on his website and the mattresses he had in stock that day were sh1te - he had apparently sold out of all the good ones. The customer service i heard so much about was rubbish.

We got our bed frames half price in argos, and last weekend attended a local furniture liquidation sale and picked up our mattresses at a great price. Big Mickey..... Big Disaster. Oh and Mickey if your reading this go hire a sales assistant for busy weekends so your potential customers don't feel like clobs when you are running out of breath around them!

A big fan of Big Mickey here and after coming from (giving away for free in the end) a nearly new brand name mattress that was sh1te I get it hard to believe that Big Mickey could not find you even just a couple of beds & mattresses out of the thousands of ones that he stocks down there. I doubt he would have cleared them all that quickly since I was there. Since my own purchase I have recommended him to loads of people, anyone that dealt with him got a brilliant service.It appears to be a very busy place at times and from what you say you must have called when the shop was extremely busy. I have read all the posts on here both old and new and I have never noticed anyone even mention that anything he stocked was sh1te only quite the opposite. There is not a single mention anywhere here of sh1te. My experience of Big Mickeys was very positive. What I found was a place that had something for everyone no matter what budget you were on and he personally rooted out stuff for friends of mine who were just in that very position, with very little money and they got unbelievable value.

Maybe its a sign of the times that Big Mickey is getting busier with the recession. From the amount of positive posts on here it certainly looks like it.

garden wrote: »

I find that argos stuff abs sh1te, have two wardrobes (to be replaced soon) and "had" a argos bed. I found him good in that if you have an issue or he doesnt have what you wanted he would find it for you and sort you out. Going by all the threads here very few people unhappy, but you cant please everyone. I cant praise him enough as told him what I wanted and he came up with the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6342298/Trail/searchtext%3EMATTRESS+NOW.htm

I am interested in 2 of these but I can't get my head around that there has to be something wrong as in Argos they are €699.98 so €1399.98 for both and in Big Micks they appear to be only €199 so €398 for both. A difference of €1000 in 2 mattresses. Surely that can't be right or is it ?

This is Big Micks listing on Donedeal :

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bedroom/3279266

Is there a catch ? How can there be such a price difference ? I see some other posts about them on here. Should I go for them? I am of the belief of the old saying " if it seems to good to be true then it probably is not true"

Would appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

having bought most of the furniture from my house from bigmickey, pictures and prices are available on the thread, I can tell you that mick gets his stock from England.
    The sofa set we wanted was nearly 4k in flanagans in naas, the solid oak kitchen table with 6 solid oak chairs was nearly 1400 euros, tv stands, chest of drawers, beds, etc all of them wouldve cost me a lot more had I not been to bigmickey.
    i didnt believe the price the 1st time around until we went down, for a superking size bed and trust me, after that I would only shop in BigMickeys.
    If people want to buy from Argos or Bargaintown that is their right, I am not going to tell them not to, but the amount of positive posts on here, from people who went down and actually talked to the man and got great customer service, must be saying something.
    I know a lot of my family members who have bought from bigmickey and I also some who wouldnt bother their butts to even go down to them.
    My thoughts are, my wife and I went down, we got 1 item, the customer service was fantastic so when we needed to buy more we went back down. The prices we got from him were so much better then any bricks or mortar store, free delivery as well.
    And I am mean enough to be that way with my money, unless I can buy it for a really good price I wont buy it.

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    having bought most of the furniture from my house from bigmickey, pictures and prices are available on the thread, I can tell you that mick gets his stock from England.
    The sofa set we wanted was nearly 4k in flanagans in naas, the solid oak kitchen table with 6 solid oak chairs was nearly 1400 euros, tv stands, chest of drawers, beds, etc all of them wouldve cost me a lot more had I not been to bigmickey.
    i didnt believe the price the 1st time around until we went down, for a superking size bed and trust me, after that I would only shop in BigMickeys.
    If people want to buy from Argos or Bargaintown that is their right, I am not going to tell them not to, but the amount of positive posts on here, from people who went down and actually talked to the man and got great customer service, must be saying something.
    I know a lot of my family members who have bought from bigmickey and I also some who wouldnt bother their butts to even go down to them.
    My thoughts are, my wife and I went down, we got 1 item, the customer service was fantastic so when we needed to buy more we went back down. The prices we got from him were so much better then any bricks or mortar store, free delivery as well.
    And I am mean enough to be that way with my money, unless I can buy it for a really good price I wont buy it.

Thanks daytob. I'm going to go for them. I was going to go to Argos in Swords to have a look at the item but they don't have them in stock. I also tried Ashbourne, Blanchardstown, Omni, Liffey Valley, Navan & Tallaght. No stock in these stores either and its not a home delivery item. You must collect. Big Mick e mailed me back to say he has them so based on the reviews here I am going to order. He said that if I place the order before 10am tomorrow that I may get them same day. That would be cool.I was trying to thank you on your post but could not figure how to do it. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

^^^You need at least 10 posts to thank post_thanks.gif it pops up beside the quote button then.

Big Mickey was down with us on Monday making a delivery... what a legend.

Absolutley 100% on top of his game. Great prices, communication and service and a real gentleman to add.

There are many businesses in Ireland that could learn a lot from both his work and customer service ethic.

He also recognises all the great feedback he has been getting from boards.ie.

Hats off to Big Mickey... highly recommended.

Ordered the 2 mattresses at 9.30am yesterday from Big Mick and had them delivered to Swords at 3pm. He had other deliveries also in the area so I got them extra fast. Was not at home myself and the guy even brought them upstairs in to the bedrooms for my wife. Great Service. Have to wait untill tonight though for to sleep on them but first impressions are they look exactly the same wrappers as the ones in Argos catalogue for €699. His price €199 each. Would recommend this guy to others.

@ furmi,

Delighted you got the beds for that price. Thats a great deal. that was quick delivery as well. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Saytase

Has anyone here ever bought the "Silentnight Holbien 1550 pocket" mattress, I saw it on adverts.ie for €349 but can't find this mattress on the silentnight or argos websites, so not sure if its good value.

I was also thinking about the 'Silentnight Memory Foam 3 Zone', same as Furmi bought, except I want it as a double, other than Bigmickey (€199) the cheapest I can find it is from Silentnight on Amazon for £179 delivered (€225).

So Bigmickey is €26 cheaper, but wondering would I get the '5 Year Manufacturer Warranty' which is included with amazon? As I've read on previous posts here that his stock is from a factory which closed down in the uk so would a Manufacturer Warranty apply in this case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Saytase wrote: »
    So Bigmickey is €26 cheaper, but wondering would I get the '5 Year Manufacturer Warranty' which is included with amazon?
    Doubt it.

The mattress was as low as £149 (€185) on Amazon this year so keep an eye on the price there.

Pj! wrote: »
    Doubt it.

The mattress was as low as £149 (€185) on Amazon this year so keep an eye on the price there.
    you're right, I just found an old post on hukd.ie with it for €181

If anyone has any info about the "Silentnight Holbien 1550 pocket" please let me know. thanks

Has anyone here ever bought the "Silentnight Holbien 1550 pocket" mattress, I saw it on adverts.ie for €349 but can't find this mattress on the silentnight or argos websites, so not sure if its good value.

I was also thinking about the 'Silentnight Memory Foam 3 Zone', same as Furmi bought, except I want it as a double, other than Bigmickey (€199) the cheapest I can find it is from Silentnight on Amazon for £179 delivered (€225).

So Bigmickey is €26 cheaper, but wondering would I get the '5 Year Manufacturer Warranty' which is included with amazon? As I've read on previous posts here that his stock is from a factory which closed down in the uk so would a Manufacturer Warranty apply in this case?
    you're right, I just found an old post on hukd.ie with it for €181

If anyone has any info about the "Silentnight Holbien 1550 pocket" please let me know. thanks

I think you left out the delivery charge to Ireland there Saytase. There is an additional charge of £25 and a further charge if you need it in a hurry.

I prefer to see the goods upfront that I pay for with my hard earned cash. My brother had a very bad experience with a Groupon offer from Clouds where he paid for a memory mattress and 3 months later he had not received it. look here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056450828

I ordered from Big Mick and got delivery same day. I agreed to pay on delivery. Big Mick had no problem with this. No risk to me eventhough from reading here I would not even question that I would not get my delivery from him.
    As regards the guarantee and as far as I am aware Silentnight are still in business. They relocated a factory, that happens all the time in big companies. I'm sure my guarantee is still in force and if I have a problem its Big Mick I'd be asking first and by all accounts I'd say I'd have a better chance of a successful outcome from Big Mick than any big multii national or internet company if the feedback here is anything to go by.

furmi wrote: »
    I think you left out the delivery charge to Ireland there Saytase. There is an additional charge of £25 and a further charge if you need it in a hurry.

I prefer to see the goods upfront that I pay for with my hard earned cash. My brother had a very bad experience with a Groupon offer from Clouds where he paid for a memory mattress and 3 months later he had not received it. look here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056450828

I ordered from Big Mick and got delivery same day. I agreed to pay on delivery. Big Mick had no problem with this. No risk to me eventhough from reading here I would not even question that I would not get my delivery from him.
    As regards the guarantee and as far as I am aware Silentnight are still in business. They relocated a factory, that happens all the time in big companies. I'm sure my guarantee is still in force and if I have a problem its Big Mick I'd be asking first and by all accounts I'd say I'd have a better chance of a successful outcome from Big Mick than any big multii national or internet company if the feedback here is anything to go by.

I went through to the payment page on amazon and delivery was free to Ireland (free delivery to Ireland if order was over £25). Maybe my post comes across wrong, but I'm not complaining about bigmickey.ie, he's still the cheapest, I was just checking the alternatives as I don't agree with comparing prices to argos.

(note: argos have hugely inflated prices for some items because almost every week the seem to have 50 to 70% off sales, so I doubt many people actually pay the full price in argos which is what bigmickey compares his prices to)

I only spoke to Big Mick on the phone. He was a "yes we can " type of person from the start. Nothing was a problem for him. If Argos or anywhere else was cheaper then I would have purchased from there. In these hard times you have to mind your money and there are so many companies going under these days that I like to see my goods before I part with my cash. It was nice to get the mattresses at such speed cos we we really in need of one of them for tonight. It was a good experience dealing with Big Mick

• Advertisement

furmi wrote: »
    I only spoke to Big Mick on the phone. He was a "yes we can " type of person from the start. Nothing was a problem for him. If Argos or anywhere else was cheaper then I would have purchased from there. In these hard times you have to mind your money and there are so many companies going under these days that I like to see my goods before I part with my cash. It was nice to get the mattresses at such speed cos we we really in need of one of them for tonight. It was a good experience dealing with Big Mick
    you've actually convinced me to give him a try, thought about the warranty thing a bit more, it would be lots of hassle to contact and return it to amazon UK if I had a problem, compared to contacting him in Ireland. Just hope he can deliver to Galway for free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

you've actually convinced me to give him a try, thought about the warranty thing a bit more, it would be lots of hassle to contact and return it to amazon UK if I had a problem, compared to contacting him in Ireland. Just hope he can deliver to Galway for free :)
    You get a manufacturer warranty. If you fall through it after 6 months the manufacturer will call out and repair/replace it free of charge. You won't have to arrange shipping for a mattress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just hope he can deliver to Galway for free :)

He delivered to Galway for me - just had to wait a few days 'til he had some other deliveries in the area which was fair enough. Great communication throughout and the delivery showed up bang on time.

I am not out to convince anyone on here to buy anything from anyone including Big Mick. I just flagged what I purchased and that I am happy with his service and very happy with my first night on the mattress too I may add..

The point that I was making to you is that I would rather buy from someone with a proven track record. There are no negitive posts on here about shoddy stuff he sold or that he did not want to know if there was a warranty issue with anything that he sold any of us here and knowing people who have issues with suppliers tend not to spare venting their anger when they come on here. I have not noticed anything negitive but correct me if I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dubdrog

Went to Big Mickey's shop on Saturday ordered a six foot rest assured memory foam bed, was told that it would be delivered on Tuesday, today is Tuesday and the bed is here. How is that for service. By the way the price was amazing and Mickey was great to do business with. He also threw in sheets free of charge. I thought I would post this here because this is where I heard about Big Mickey's. Thanks to all previous posters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dubdrog wrote: »
    Went to Big Mickey's shop on Saturday ordered a six foot rest assured memory foam bed, was told that it would be delivered on Tuesday, today is Tuesday and the bed is here. How is that for service. By the way the price was amazing and Mickey was great to do business with. He also threw in sheets free of charge. I thought I would post this here because this is where I heard about Big Mickey's. Thanks to all previous posters!

How much??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

the radio ad that's on the radio locally for bigmickey.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just thought I'd share my own experiences, I saw some threads in the BA area regarding mattresses and needed one myself, travelling cross country during the weekend, I thought I'd pop in and take a look.

I was speaking to Mick himself and found that he was very helpful, putting mattresses down so that we could try them out and get a feel for them (with the plastic cover on of course) it was brilliant and really allowed us to make an informed decision.

Ended up getting a memory foam mattress that you could take away which was very handy.

Overall, a great experience and some serious bargains, so I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

OREGATO wrote: »
    Just thought I'd share my own experiences, I saw some threads in the BA area regarding mattresses and needed one myself, travelling cross country during the weekend, I thought I'd pop in and take a look.

I was speaking to Mick himself and found that he was very helpful, putting mattresses down so that we could try them out and get a feel for them (with the plastic cover on of course) it was brilliant and really allowed us to make an informed decision.

Ended up getting a memory foam mattress that you could take away which was very handy.

Overall, a great experience and some serious bargains, so I'd definitely recommend it.

I was planning on going down with the missus over the weekend
    She has her little heart set on a very luxurious king koil memory foam but
    it's a bit pricey locally
    Does he sell king koil or odearest matresses ?

send him a mail, hes quite good about replying back. if not you can always ring him. He can tell you whats in stock so you can check the prices before you go down.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement