Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

I bought a kingsize bed from big mickey today for €199. They are in for the sale next week. He only had his sample on the floor today so have to wait to get it next week. Mattress and base, brand new,Airsprung brand. Looks a decent enough bed and definitely a bargain. Remember where ye heard it first.

Can post exact model tomorrow if interested. Receipt is outside in the car. Too cold to go out now.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

bought a king size divan with drawers , headboard and mattress a few weeks back.

when we got divan it was darker then we remembered and didn't suit room, no problem, he collected it and delivered a lighter coloured one within a few days, also the chap delivering it brought it up the stairs for me each time

great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I used thebedfactory.ie for my last purchase.

Must say the service was excellent and the mattress is top quality.
    Took my old mattress away for free too.

I bought this one

http://www.thebedfactory.ie/pocket-memory-mattress.html

Got the receipt, it's an Airsprung Stretford Luxury firm Kingsize. He said they were in Argos at a sale for around €500. Can't find it though. Anyways I'm happy with it. Its only for visitors. €199 suited my pocket at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The Gride wrote: »
    Got the receipt, it's an Airsprung Stretford Luxury firm Kingsize. He said they were in Argos at a sale for around €500. Can't find it though. Anyways I'm happy with it. Its only for visitors. €199 suited my pocket at the minute.

What's the base like? I'm in the market for a proper firm bed

What's the base like? I'm in the market for a proper firm bed

Its a standard enough looking divan base. There is one on display in the shop. It looks fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ELSIE2012

i have also used the bed factory and bought this product
    they were very easy to deal with and i couldnt find the same product cheaper anywere else

http://www.thebedfactory.ie/crystal-mattress.html

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭digit1

ELSIE2012 wrote: »
    i have also used the bed factory and bought this product
    they were very easy to deal with and i couldnt find the same product cheaper anywere else

http://www.thebedfactory.ie/crystal-mattress.html

I need 2 singles beds for a spare room and will most likely go back to big mickey as I got caught badly before ( posted here) with an on line company but just wondering does the Bed factory do any of the big known brands as I can't see any on their site. Appreciate any info as would save a trip to Longford. When I say big brands I mean like Silentnight or Sealy or similar. I would never buy a non known brand ever again. Badly burnt already.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

I'm looking for single bed mattress and if you can recommend something in Dublin I would appreciated. i took a look on thebedfactory webpage but they seems to be making only dbl and king size's, am I right?

hi

the name of the mattress i bought was buy a company called dream world which are an irish company and i found the same mattress in many big name stores so i was able to price and see the quality but i called them on friday as i too need single bed and they told me they putting in a showroom at the moment .so that s good.

• Advertisement

hi

i called them last week ,all their beds are available in single as i am looking for one myself

Hi All

Got my 2 Single Airsprung divan beds delivered by Big Mickey this morning quite early, 7am to be exact. He was on his way back from Uk and arranged to drop them off. Price was €149 each. They look very good. Did not see anything like this quality for this price anywhere and I went around a few different places since. I'm glad I went back to Big Mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

digit1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Got my 2 Single Airsprung divan beds delivered by Big Mickey this morning quite early, 7am to be exact. He was on his way back from Uk and arranged to drop them off. Price was €149 each. They look very good. Did not see anything like this quality for this price anywhere and I went around a few different places since. I'm glad I went back to Big Mickey.

Whats your opinion of big Mickey? Are they cheap? Do you recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Murphj7 wrote: »
    Whats your opinion of big Mickey? Are they cheap? Do you recommend?

Did you actually read what the person posted???

Because the answers are allready there for you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I used thebedfactory.ie for my last purchase.

Must say the service was excellent and the mattress is top quality.
    Took my old mattress away for free too.

I bought this one

http://www.thebedfactory.ie/pocket-memory-mattress.html

How long do they take to deliver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How long do they take to deliver?

Delivery is by arrangement. Depends how long it takes :)

unkel wrote: »
    Delivery is by arrangement. Depends how long it takes :)

Sent them a message by facebook today and they said they tried sending a email which never arrived :rolleyes: the mattress I ordered is out of stock until Friday though.

Sent them a message by facebook today and they said they tried sending a email which never arrived :rolleyes:

Maybe be a bit more conventional and ring them? ;)

Maybe be a bit more conventional and ring them? ;)

It was the weekend at that stage,they finally sent a mail asking for my number 4 days after saying they sent it originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭0scar

hi all, I've been emailing Mick a few times regarding kingsize mattresses but just haven't had an opportunity yet to travel up to Longford to take a look (got burned buying online before so want to make sure what i'm getting). I'm happy to buy from him if I do get to visit his store, but in the meantime I saw mattresses made by a company in Donegal in a local furniture shop. The sales staff didn't exactly volunteer the company name (no idea why), but they make models called Sorrento, Rimini & President.
    Has anyone here any idea who they might be or think they might have bought one of these? I can't find any info on Google on this company, but the mattresses (specially the President) are very nice and a good price, but I would like to get more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rb123

Does anybody know how to buy from bigmickey.ie on line? I can’t get the checkout on the site to operate. Do I have to wait for his monthly sale? I found a bed that he has which is the best online price going and I want to buy it. Thanks in advance :)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

rb123 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to buy from bigmickey.ie on line? I can’t get the checkout on the site to operate. Do I have to wait for his monthly sale? I found a bed that he has which is the best online price going and I want to buy it. Thanks in advance :)

Just pm us your details and we will be happy to help. Thanks. Bigmickey.ie

Welcome to boards, bigmickey :)

You finally made it :D

For the record: I'm a happy customer having bought 2 mattresses from Mick in the past few years

Welcome to boards, bigmickey :)

You finally made it :D

For the record: I'm a happy customer having bought 2 mattresses from Mick in the past few years

Ah Thanks unkel.

Here to help if we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

not to take this off topic, do bigmickey recycle old matresses? Or anybody know of a place that does?

• Advertisement

not to take this off topic, do bigmickey recycle old matresses? Or anybody know of a place that does?

Hi DubOnHoliday

Yes we take old mattresses when you purchase from us and we dispose of them through a licensed recycler . Confirmation receipt available if required.

Hi DubOnHoliday

Yes we take old mattresses when you purchase from us and we dispose of them through a licensed recycler . Confirmation receipt available if required.

That is good news. I will be in touch to buy a new double bed during next week.

Mattress arrive today :D roll on tonight;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Mattress arrive today :D roll on tonight;)

What type did you buy, now much? Cheers. :)

What type did you buy, now much? Cheers. :)

Memory foam mattress from the bed factory,totalled 133 with delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Roll on tonight;)
    Roll off tomorrow...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Bought a King Koil mattress today for €320 (King Size). Reduced as it was the floor model. :)

Some great deals at 'Square Deal' in Cork. Huge display of mattresses and beds.

hi tallaghtmick
    need single my self which model did you buy €130 seems like very good price

hi tallaghtmick
    need single my self which model did you buy €130 seems like very good price

http://www.thebedfactory.ie/master-memory-mattress.html

That one there.:)

cheers for that

looks like a good one ,i think ill give it a shout,are you happy with it

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

How much foam is on it

cheers for that

looks like a good one ,i think ill give it a shout,are you happy with it

thanks

Yeh I love it sleeping much easier and better on it.
    paddyp wrote: »
    How much foam is on it

No idea its comfy!!!!

mattress arrived today lovely quality and great price deliverly driver very nice
    another happy customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

We're looking for a guest bed, which is ideally a single that turns into a double - but a proper double.

The best I've seen is this Ikea job - http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50080315/

Anyone come across anything similar that I won't have to assemble myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

connundrum wrote: »
    We're looking for a guest bed, which is ideally a single that turns into a double - but a proper double.

The best I've seen is this Ikea job - http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50080315/

Anyone come across anything similar that I won't have to assemble myself?

you can get a 3 foot divan with a slightly smaller that pulls out from underneath and clicks up to the same height and can then be used as a double, or kept separate as 2 singles. they are around certain shops in dublin for 399 including okayish mattresses.

• Advertisement

Hi DubOnHoliday

Very happy with the bed and matress that was delivered on Friday last, excellent value. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭poxon

Great offers on Aerobeds on aerobed.co.uk, half price for Platinum Mattress with Support Zones with 5 years warranty only 85 pounds. Really comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Looking for recommendations for a good memory foam topper.....anyone got any please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

disco girl wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations for a good memory foam topper.....anyone got any please?
    I don't believe they are any good. You might be better just buying a new good quality mattress.

Not your ornery onager

i used one didnt think much of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Gooner111

I got a bed yesterday from The Bed Factory, happy so far. They didn't have the one I selected from their site so gave me a similar one and upgraded the mattress at no extra cost. Delievery was quick and they came when they said they would. Very pleases with their service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

My RESPA Back Care arrived yesterday... and stinks something rottenly toxic.
    Have a newborn baby in the house and was afraid for my life for the whole night...the smell stank out the whole house...
    Thought the fumes could do serious damage to her.... It's still stinking but have it in a room with the door shut now...
    Is that normal do you know?

digit1 wrote: »
    I bought a Respa mattress from a well known Irish internet retailer about 3 months ago and it has not worked out for me. After a few days I discussed the matter with them but they did'nt want to know. I went on the sales persons advice- BIG MISTAKE. I had the mattress up on Donedeal for sale. I sold it for a third of what I paid for it.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bedroom/3343242
    so I was in the market again and I did'nt intend in making the same mistake of not testing out a few different ones. Where to go ?
    I contacted some of the different shops here in Dublin and I also contacted bigmickey.ie in Longford. From the begining, Mick showed great interest in me and talked me through quite a few of the big brand mattresses but said that I really needed to visit him and try them so I did last weekend and fell for a Silentnight Miracoil 8 with a 2100 pocket sprung. Its massive. I only have it a few days but already I can feel such a difference and the beauty of it is that if It does not work out for me, Mick said to let him know and promised me that I would not be left stuck with it unlike the last company that I dealt with.

A big thank you to Bigmickey.ie and everyone that posted here.

I hope you get on better than I did with Respa. See my posts from last May. I doubt that you got it from bigmickey.ie as I know they don't sell Respa. Do you mind me asking where you bought it ? I don't think there should be any smell at all from a mattress like that. I read horrible stories on here about smelly Groupon roll up mattresses. Keep us posted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

My RESPA Back Care arrived yesterday... and stinks something rottenly toxic.
    Have a newborn baby in the house and was afraid for my life for the whole night...the smell stank out the whole house...
    Thought the fumes could do serious damage to her.... It's still stinking but have it in a room with the door shut now...
    Is that normal do you know?
    5 days and it should be undetectable by your nose.

The smell is from Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) releasing into the air in a process called "off-gassing." VOCs are harmful chemicals in the mattress, present as a result of the petro-chemicals used to create the memory foam. And that's not including the flame retardants, a typical mattress is doused in a pound (lb) of the stuff, except organic ones, to meet bullshyte fire saftey standards.

One mattress was shown to release up to 61 different chemical a few years back including the carcinogens benzene and naphthalene.

There's simply not enough data to determine whether low levels of these chemicals will eventually make people sick. PentaBDE was one used until 2004 when it was voluntarily stopped due to its Toxicity and persistence in the environment. Pentabde is now known to be toxic to the liver, thyroid, and nervous system.

New study released that tracked mothers that had high levels of it in second trimester link it to lower IQ, hyperactivity, others link it to male infertility, male birth defects, and early puberty in girls.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=flame-retardants-linked-lower-iq-hyperactivitiy-children&page=2
    http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/your-couch-is-toxic--new-study-confirms-fears-about-flame-retardants-in-furniture-192713830.html
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health-navigator/flame-retardants-harmful-to-babies-while-in-the-womb-study/article11740460/

It gets into the body through skin absorption and as they aren't chemically bound, it also breaks down into dirty rotten toxic dust. Thanks Governments. Dumb Fcuks.

Some Memory Foams after a few years start to leave dusty deposits on the floor under them as they break down also.

EPA to Study Flame Retardant Chemicals. Finally.
    American site.

Alot of the chemicals used have messed up endocrine systems (hormone balances)/liver toxicity in the FEW animal studies done on them.

Most annoying thing is the organic mattress makers apparently meet fire safety guidelines by just wrapping them in wool. No need for all the chemicals? + I don't think they really work in the first place?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2008/03/should-you-ditch-your-chemical-mattress

Concern grows over use of flame retardant HBCD

One of the main ones used in EU^, took over from PentBDE, so overused it's turning up in Breast Milk, animals studies link it to reproductive, developmental and neurological effects, no real data for humans. Another one they are on for Banning. Bit late.

EU finally started to build up a database on what chemicals and their effects in the last few years.

I kinda went off on a flame retardant rant, anyway, 100% Latex Mattress is what I'd look for, or some organic one, that wasn't doused in Pesticides.

• Advertisement

Got an e mail from bigmickey today saying the they are open next Friday at their monthly sale until midnight on June 7th and that they have extended their premises and several new container loads have arrived to sell off regardless of price.

It's on www.bigmickey.ie

Just thought I would let ye all know !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement