Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why?

• 19-01-2011 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Why is it that most threads are just arguments between people?
    More criticism than help most of the time.
    Im just saying that it could be a mroe friendly place..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Welcome to the Internet. People here are mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I don't agree with that.

Clive wrote: »
    I don't agree with that.

What are you trying to insinuate. That's a ridiculous thing to say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CITMMACLUB wrote: »
    Why is it that most threads are just arguments between people?
    More criticism than help most of the time.
    Im just saying that it could be a mroe friendly place..

wrong.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Clive wrote: »
    I don't agree with that.

I don't agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 CITMMACLUB

wrong.jpg

12,600 comments,. hmmm

Nah, Im just saying that some times there is alot of negative or down talking on here. Dont get me wrong, im fully aware that THE INTERNET is full of big men and people who just argue for no reason, just go on any mma video on youtube and all the comments below it are guys telling other guys about how the guy in the video is doing something wrong or every comments starts with, "well in my last professional fight...."

All im saying is that it'd be nice if things were different on here, seeing as every one knows every one!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

All im saying is that it'd be nice if things were different on here, seeing as every one knows every one!

But things are different here, at least when people argue they do it in a reasonable way, check out the Sherdog forums if you want to see how bad things could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

I always found this forum one of the more friendly ones. There's always going to be criticism if you put yourself "out there" or try organise something, that's just life - on and off the internet. Then again, there is always going to be arseholes who just like to argue for the sake of it, but they tend not to stay around here too long - just don't pay them any attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

I have to say i whole-heartedly approve of the passive-aggressive approach you're taking here CITMMA, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

There are no arguments on the Boards MMA forum, merely heated discussions. If I wanted to be a twat and write "OMG, you're such an idiot, you have no clue about MMA, you're as retarded as next door's dog.." then I'd go to sherdog, but instead I like to have discussions with people. I might break out the middle insult the odd time, that's when I know I've to take a break from the forum for a while :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I actually agree, but I like to call it "discussion".

But I like it, this forum is awesome and i love "discussing" MMA here. There are some posters who I tend to disagree with more than others (i think you're one ScareGilly) but it's never nasty and i actually think the ones i'd disagree with would be the ones who i'd most like to have a pint with.

You should drop back on the night of one of the events (probably best if Brock isn't part of it). The live threads do be awesome. And in fact, when I wake up the day after an event, i always check the thread to see what everyone thought of the event. I'm always interested in reading how others saw a close decision pan out or if a fighter who gets no love normally will be more respected after a good performance etc.

All in all, for me, the regular posters here are VERY knowledgable about the sport. And it's the disagreements that keep the forum alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

in fairness there's never really a problem if thats the case....but if they're anonymous well...

internetdickwad1.jpg

I'll be the first to admit I say some stuff on this forum without thinking. I like looking back and seeing someone has corrected it though. Once they're nice about it, I find the MMA forum is actually a nice place for corrections, they're always concise and to the point, the posters here attack the post rather than the person which is nice. If you feel someone is starting an argument, goading you into one or insulting you instead of your opinion there's a nice little report button for your convenience :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

i try to be only a dick in the ufc threads and where brock lesnar is mentioned. other than that it's all legitimate healthy discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am impressed that a thread that I was sure was going to end in petty arguing and eventual closure, actually turned into a level headed discussion.

As a result, my faith in the internet has now been restored. :)

dunkamania wrote: »
    I am impressed that a thread that I was sure was going to end in petty arguing and eventual closure, actually turned into a level headed discussion.

As a result, my faith in the internet has now been restored. :)

Want your go?.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I actually agree, but I like to call it "discussion".

But I like it, this forum is awesome and i love "discussing" MMA here. There are some posters who I tend to disagree with more than others (i think you're one ScareGilly) but it's never nasty and i actually think the ones i'd disagree with would be the ones who i'd most like to have a pint with.

You should drop back on the night of one of the events (probably best if Brock isn't part of it). The live threads do be awesome. And in fact, when I wake up the day after an event, i always check the thread to see what everyone thought of the event. I'm always interested in reading how others saw a close decision pan out or if a fighter who gets no love normally will be more respected after a good performance etc.

All in all, for me, the regular posters here are VERY knowledgable about the sport. And it's the disagreements that keep the forum alive.

That would be me, I always seem to take the completely different opinion on things than most people who follow MMA, I don't know why, it's not fair :o
    But yeah, like I said, if I feel I'm about to go too far I like to take a break and come back with a level head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Meh, they are discussion forums, things get discussed, trashed about.

Occasional people show up with stupid attitudes, others are trolling, and rarely two people has opposite (but both valid) views. Cue argument.
    I post from work, so I tend to have to rush a bit (plus sometimes in work i gets grumpy) it can occasional look ing an agrument, but its just me gettign my point accross efficiently. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Everyone on here would get on great if it werent for Brock Lesnar, fact. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Nah Kev and Rovert would still clash constantly.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nah Kev and Rovert would still clash constantly.:p

Who? ;)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Who? ;)

TrevoR :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks Makikomi, rovert's name has always baffled me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Whatever you do, don't say his name 5 times in front of a mirror!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

Everyone on here would get on great if it werent for Brock Lesnar, fact. :D

what's wrong with brock lesnar????!!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

The thing i like most about this forum is how inter connected it is. If you say something about someone, you'll get RNC'd at the next local event you go to!

It's good it's a close knit forum over such a broad topic. As the image on the previous picture stated if we were never going to see each other, then war would break out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

SDTimeout wrote: »
    As the image on the previous picture stated if we were never going to see each other, then war would break out.

Nah it wouldn't! because i'd online RnC everyone if that was the case, we're lucky as we just don't have too many Muppet's posting on here, Sherdog is full of people who are just looking for a row.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

what's wrong with brock lesnar????!!!!

:D
    He has a penis tattooed on his chest for a start

Advertisement