Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heaters

Options
  • 19-01-2011 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

I live in an apartment that has storage heaters, do i get charged for them even if thier not on?. I never use them. My bill is urban nightsaver tarrif. thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Lucyfur09,

If your Night Storage heating it turned off, it will not be using any power so you will not be charged. However, each customer pays a daily standing charge, which applies no matter how many units are consumed.

The current Urban Domestic Nightsaver standing charge is 39.27c (inc. VAT).

This is slightly higher that the general 24 hour standing charge. We would generally advise that you would need to be using at least 3 units during the night rate period (11.00pm - 8.00am in Winter and 12.00am - 9.00am in Summer) to benefit from the lower unit price (8.46c inc. VAT) versus the higher daily standing charge.

There is some more information on our website here.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

cheers for the answer chris. was really bugging me

Advertisement