Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed Please!

• 19-01-2011 2:26pm
    Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hello, I live in Tullamore and I fitted a Aldi Silver Crest Receiver and Sat Dish to my house yesterday. I spent ages up the ladder with a Sat Dish Finder and I aimed the dish South East and couldn't pick up Astra 28 East, I picked up Astra 19.2 East and received lots of German stations.
    There are no obstructions, ie trees, buildings, walls etc....
    Will it work if I aim the dish South or Southwest?
    I'm new to Satellites!
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You're not far off the sat you need.If you are behind the dish turn it slowly to your left about 3-4 inches with a bit of tweaking you should pick up Astra 2 at 28.5,Repeat move the dish slowly.

This is the laymans way of doing it,as you say you are new to this so best to explain in plain English.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Well if you've got a signal on 19E, that's a start, a lot of people have a problem finding anything.
    You want to turn the dish another 9 or so degrees east.
    Do this slowly & don't forget about the elevation angle; this might be useful.
    (read the part about skew angle)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

http://www.techtir.ie/articles/howto

As you move East from 19E to 28E (Sky/Freesat) the dish needs to slowly tilt forward.
    Due south (Satellites at 5W to 11W) is the highest point.

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi thanks for all the replies!
    Will take all your advice and the next time I have some spare time I'll give it a go!

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi, just wanted to let you know I moved the Dish left 3 inches and still couldn't pick up Astra 28 so I moved and re fitted the dish on the side of the house by two feet higher and its working perfect!
    Thanks again for your replies!
    YEAH!

• Advertisement
Advertisement