Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricey Prawn Salad

Options
  • 19-01-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I was in the Spar on Merrion Row this morning and saw in the chilled foods section near the door roughly about 8-10 small prawns in a plastic container with a small mix of ketchup/mayo for €2.99. How the f is that a prawn salad?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

D1976 wrote: »
    I was in the Spar on Merrion Row this morning and saw in the chilled foods section near the door roughly about 8-10 small prawns in a plastic container with a small mix of ketchup/mayo for €2.99. How the f is that a prawn salad?
    In the same way as potato salad is potato and mayonnaise I suppose.

Its only a rip off if they force you to buy it. Thing is, people are in the habit of just picking things up and paying without questioning the price too much. I hope thats changing now that were all poor, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Oryx wrote: »
    Its only a rip off if they force you to buy it.

Phew, so there was never any rip off in this country. Good to know it was all just in our heads. Mods, please close this forum.

Advertisement