Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish oak haycorns

Options
  • 19-01-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi there

does anyone know where irish oak haycorns can be bought in galway or in ireland.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is that you Winnie the Pooh ;)
    Not sure where you can get acorns but try local gardening shops etc.

If you can find oaks then just collect from them
    http://www.irishoakforests.com/how_to_grow_an_oak_tree.htm

Visit the Gardening forum

• Registered Users Posts: 47 spiraleye

lol no ....

have visited a couple but no joy - i know its out of season but even research on the tinterweb has resulted in nothing ...

thanks
    winnie the pooh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

What the hell is a 'haycorn'?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What the hell is a 'haycorn'?

Same thing as an eggcorn, duh. ;)

The only place I can think of is from an oak tree? There's a big one around the corner from Thermo King entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

This year was actually a very good year for acorns, but at the moment they have all fallen from the ground and are either buried or gathered by animals. The real Irish oak is the sessile oak, and this is the one Ireland was covered in until those pesky English came over and chopped them up.

My dad has a big interest in oak trees and has pretty much decided to plant the land we have in sessile oak leaving enough space for animals to graze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

check out coole parke (gort,not bohermore)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

Advertisement