Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get? iPhone4 or HTC Desire HD

Options
  • 19-01-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

have been offered both on the Three network.
    I am leaning against iphone with how locked down it is. Is there pretty much the same apps on android? desire good web browsing?

any one with experience of both?

thanks

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I have an iPhone 3GS and a HTC HD2 using a stable Desire HD ROM so it's basically the same as a DHD. Yeah, the Android Market has most of the same apps that the App Store has. The App Store has a bit more, but just useless sh*t. All the ones that you'll use are on Android and iOS these days. On the web browsing though, I prefer it on my iPhone... It's not that it's faster or anything, I just prefer the Safari browser than to any on Android. That's personal preference though. But overall the whole Android OS is better than iOS to me.

So I think you should go and get the DHD! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I have a Desire and an iPhone 3G.

I actually prefer the browser on the Desire for the way that it automatically scales the text to fit the current zoom level on screen.

As above, most decent apps seem to be available for both now so try to play around with both and see which you prefer.

A big advantage of the Android phones is that you never really need to connect them to your PC for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

I have both Iphone and HTC Desire, and I always prefer android over ios.
    It's so much better than ios.

Advertisement