Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any basketball and soccer clubs in the southside?

Options
  • 19-01-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i would like to practice some sport but i find the gym boring.
    therefore i wonder if there is any basketball or soccer club in Dublin (preferably southside) which i can join so I can train with the team a couple of times a week at least?
    I'm not looking for a high level team of "professionals", it would be great to meet a nice bunch of people which take it not too seriously but enjoy to play a game and stay fit.
    any suggestion is really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Living in D8?

Walk to Brickfields any night of the week and there will be plenty of senior teams training.

The Oblates has a few basketball teams traning most nights.

best bet is to head to either and ask to train with whatever team you find, some of them may be snobish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Blackpitts wrote: »
    I'm not looking for a high level team of "professionals"

St.Pats down in Inchicore maybe *awaits dreamers75 response*.;)

As dreamers75 said Oblates down in Inchicore have basketball teams, I know there used to be a football team that played in the back of Teresas Gardens, Donore FC if memory serves me right not sure if they're still about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Lourdes Celtic, John bosco, iveagh Celtic, Meath villa , lissadell.....loads of soccer clubs! Good counsel Gaa are very friendly lot

Advertisement