Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Endas Sports complex

• 19-01-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Sadly it seems that St Endas sports complex will be, at least temporarily, closing down. Official reason is health and safety grounds. So it could be open again next month, but it could be next year or never.
    Im very angry and upset over it. There are lots of jobs depending on it and lots of swimming clubs rely on it.
    If you recall the promises the politicans gave when they closed down Roxboro pool in relation to St Endas complex, it just makes me sick.
    Please god that the powers that be will, just for once, get their fingers out and pull together to get the complex back up and running again on a long term basis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

I had heard rumours for weeks about it, but some of the rumours have been around since Roxboro pool closed!!! All the promises made then!!! But I dont know if during the boom years if any money was invested in it...

Its an awful pity to see it closed and hopefully it will open up again, but I imagine the amount of repair work needed to get it to pass Health and Safety might be beyond the councils budget.

Yes a lot of club rely on it and I would imagine school do to, bringing their school children to learn to swim there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

If the pool was anywhere besides one of the regeneration estates I'd say it would never see the light of day again but I'm hopeful the money can be found from somewhere for it.

It badly needs some freshining up to be honest although I fear with HealthNSafety being so completely over the top these days it could be a very costly proposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ciano4444

It seems to me that Limerick Regeneration are in fact working backwards with this closure of this complex. This issue should have been dealt with accordingly some time ago. I know that the pool for one should be re-opened immediately and does not need to be closed. The sports hall poses danger and should have the roof re-built. The complex should be partially opened to the public while being renovated as it is a community based opperation and has been from the very begining. We as the public need this place re-opened immediately. I am so very sorry for the staff of this complex and the way they were treated. It can be opened. The time lapse depends on you as the public. We need all behind this. Please help as it can be done-the eyes of the politicians and regen need to be opened. All agreeing on this notion please write to me.

Advertisement