Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cliffs of moher-ticketed!!

• 19-01-2011 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

got ticketed for parking down the road from cliffs of moher-NOT on yellow lines, but just beside a gate and definitely NOT blocking the entrance whatsoever!!
    happened to anyone else? should i appeal it or was i in the wrong.. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

rip of ireland, what did you expect.
    car park and visitors centre down the road,
    if they dont get your cash one way they get it the other.

hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

cadburys wrote: »
    got ticketed for parking down the road from cliffs of moher-NOT on yellow lines, but just beside a gate and definitely NOT blocking the entrance whatsoever!!
    happened to anyone else? should i appeal it or was i in the wrong.. :confused:

I don't know about the exact legal fineries about parking along a road, but I persume that parking at the edge of a road without blocking the traffic or any entrance is pretty common in the country side. Where I live people just park where they want, sometimes dangerously so, i. e. just around a bend or blocking a driveway. Nobody cares, apparantly.

I agree with galwegians, it's just a rip-off around the Cliffs of Moher.

I would appeal, if it's true that you just parked along a public road without blocking anyone or breaking any law.

Check here for the legal stuff:
    www.rotr.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Take some pictures and fight it in court. You are technically innocent until they prove otherwise, therefore the DPP will have to prove you broke the law.

Advertisement