Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grants available for Home Heating Oil Boilers

• 19-01-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Hi just a simple quick Q - is there any such grant aid available - i need to replace my boiler and would like to see if i can save a few quid

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

afaik there is a grant of maybe 700 euro for a "condensing" boiler, whatever that is.

i hope a half cocked answer like this does not make you even madder.

Regards, Rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

The grant for a condensing oil boiler is only €200 and is only available if you take up the grant to upgrade your heating controls, which is €500, so a total of €700.

A condensing oil boiler essentially extracts heat from the boiler exhaust which in a conventional boiler would simply be lost to the atmosphere. It has the potential to increase efficiency and reduce your oil consumption by something like 10% to 15%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

And you need to get a BER done as well now if you apply for the Grant.
    its not really worth it anymore that you have to get the BER done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

billbond4 wrote: »
    its not really worth it anymore that you have to get the BER done
    Is the BER not also grant aided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

muffler wrote: »
    Is the BER not also grant aided?

Up to €100. Whatever the remaining balance is would be an effective reduction in the total grant if you didn't actually need a BER, say, to let or sell the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

last year you didnt need to get a BER done as part of getting the grant, so effectively the grant is cut by 100e as you have to get BER done.

Advertisement