Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin / netgear wireless usb prob

Options
  • 19-01-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

having trouble connecting belkin or netgear usb wifi adapter to work with vodafone modem.

The desktop is windows xp, I have a win vista laptop and ps3 connected wirelessly to the modem and my old adapter worked until it recently just stopped.

Now the newer usb's are asking for a hex code 13 or 26 digit, The number on the bottom of the modem is 15. this number was accepted by the other 2 but it wont on the usb, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Does the wireless USB stick work okay in the Vista laptop? Can you connect the laptop to the modem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Oh i never taught of that, it says its compatible with xp. Its finding the signal like, its just asking for a diff form of code then whats available, I dont want to have to go back and redo the codes on the ps3 cos its a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Oh i never taught of that, it says its compatible with xp. Its finding the signal like, its just asking for a diff form of code then whats available, I dont want to have to go back and redo the codes on the ps3 cos its a pain

Advertisement