Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reports of 360 Dash update causing issues, Dont update.

• 19-01-2011 4:16pm

X360 dashboard update 2day. v2.0.12625.0. Seems to be causing issues with blackops. I suggest no 1 updates untill I have more info.

From Boxxdr on twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I just read that myself, it's a strange one..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tommy_irish23

I got the red dot e70 on my slim doing the update.
    Bla k ops halo reach mw2 are some of the affected games

I got the red dot e70 on my slim doing the update.
    Bla k ops halo reach mw2 are some of the affected games

Is your slim stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it affecting retail games? Or is it a piracy counter measure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »

I reckon it might be a security related update for JTAGs, those games are rife with JTAGers modding lobbies etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tommy_irish23

cisk wrote: »
    Is your slim stock?
    ya stock, just a reboot and it installed the update correctly at the second time of trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I wonder if this will have any implications for current iXtreme firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

It enables ap 2.5 checks for the 3 games mentioned, so only liteon and benq and 7x hitachi drives affected. It is not known to affect original retail copies. We'll just have to wait for ap 2.5 patches for the affected games, through abgx most likely. Doesnt affect any other titles. Though it means that most likely M$ will release more updates to enable ap 2.5 for other games down the line. If you are on LT+ and you have problems playing any of these games, turn off your xbox immidiatly when the game wont play. This is so you are not flagged for an AP 2.5 check fail as the firmware only protects you for a few minutes, after those few minutes you can be flagged for a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

EnterNow wrote: »

it is a piracy counter measure, no retail titles affected. Though some are saying if you have a badly scratched disc it could fail an ap 2.5 check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Apparently the update also reenables the boot to disc or dashboard option in system settings I never missed that feature anyway

• Advertisement

Looks like the affected titles will just need to be run through ABGX again, patches coming soon.

Advertisement