Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyds Stocks

Options
  • 19-01-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone here has any experiance with Boyds gunstocks?

I was looking at there stuff online. The prices are very competative compared to what I have seen recently, but also some of the thubhole stuff looks really good.

Best REgards
    KYman12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

kerryman12 wrote: »
    Hi All

I was wondering if anyone here has any experiance with Boyds gunstocks?

I was looking at there stuff online. The prices are very competative compared to what I have seen recently, but also some of the thubhole stuff looks really good.

Best REgards
    KYman12
    I got one of the JRS classic stocks last year, Nice stocks quite well finished but be prepared to do some inletting.
    I used 2 pack floor matt flooring lacquer to finish it off and it took it well, Edi Bedded it for me and did a fantastic job, I couldn't have done it like he did.
    They are very reasonably priced for what they are. I am prepared to have a slightly heavier stock as long as it is dimensionally stable in all weather conditions. That said I would definately like one of Edi's superlight stocks in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

thanks for the feedback CJ. I will probably get a blank as they dont have a stock to suit my rifle. But like you I will go for a bedded solution

I am not sure yet what I will go for but I was looking at the Remington ross varmit thumbholes - nice stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Boyds stock on my .223, also I think Savage (?) have it on their HMR's. I love mine, bit heavy but looks great. Need to raise the cheekpiece, but shot a 345 yard bunny wabbit yesterday so it's not hampering me that much.

Its a thumbhole like your I was looking at John, looks good. I need to handle one first before I make any decisions.
    One thing bugs me though, looking at the stock there must be a weak point around the thumbhole - as there is less material. Do you have any concerns about the strength of your stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

kerryman12 wrote: »
    Its a thumbhole like your I was looking at John, looks good. I need to handle one first before I make any decisions.
    One thing bugs me though, looking at the stock there must be a weak point around the thumbhole - as there is less material. Do you have any concerns about the strength of your stock?

None at all, I'm not going to be banging in fence stakes or clubbing seals with it. It's plenty strong for what it needs to do.

• Advertisement

clubbing seals with it

see, that's a problem for me already! :D

Seriously thats good to hear.

Advertisement