Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post delivery depot locations?

Options
  • 19-01-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm expecting a parcel in the post but most likely wont' be home to receive it. Does anyone know where the an post delivery depots are? According to the an post website there are 3 but I could find no details of where!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Minier81 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm expecting a parcel in the post but most likely wont' be home to receive it. Does anyone know where the an post delivery depots are? According to the an post website there are 3 but I could find no details of where!

It will say on the leaflet they put through your door where your parcel is being kept.

Mine are just kept in the local post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

There is alot more than 3

Usually spread out well. I have two within walking distance of me,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

There is a delivery office for every district in Dublin. As a previous poster said a leaflet will be dropped through your letterbox by the postman ticking the location which applys to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I'm in Dublin 8, near Kevin St. Is there one near there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

One in Phibsboro too IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'm in Dublin 8, near Kevin St. Is there one near there?

It will probably go to the post office on James st (across from the church next to guinness).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

D8: James St Delivery Office Enquiries (01) 6773700
    D2: Cardiff Lane Delivery Office (01) 7057061

Whichever postal code you are, the parcel will be kept at that particular D.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

My local one is at the back of an industrial estate in the back end of nowhere.
    Handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alphasun

Yes, James's St near Guinness is the one. For some reason their phone seems to be out of action.
    If you're trying to retrieve a parcel I suggest that you take your passport and a utility bill or other proof of address, as An Post customer service tells me that fraudsters often get high-value goods delivered to themselves at someone else's address, then attempt to go and claim the package either from the address or the delivery office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This is a 3 year old thread. I am pretty sure he has picked up his parcel by now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod note: please don't grad up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement