Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average electric bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well we got 220eu bill for same period as you guys.

It's 5 bedroom with 2 lovingrooms dining rooms etc bungalow, there is only 2 of us living here. ( damn overkill, but price was nice back then and we wanted to rent out house not in estate ).

So we haven't used any oil this year as its useless to warm up such huge house with just 2 of us. So we only used some coal for fire place and small electric heater in my office/ gaming room.
    I got new gaming pc too, which is around 700w at full load when playing and I play alot after work, when misses is. It at home.

So I guess it's not too bad with all the variables and no oil heating this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I find a good alternative to a tumble drier is to use a small dehumidifier in the same room as the clothes airer. This speeds ups the drying time considerably and doesn't have much impact on the electricity bill. You need to keep the doors and windows of the room closed obviously enough - I leave it run overnight. It works

Advertisement