Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding Fist of the North Star

Options
  • 19-01-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Howdy Folks.

Bought the FONS game for 360 and having played it, I'm really interested in the story. Tried to order the manga but its been canned so my only option there is to buy 2nd hand which I never do so now I'm trying to get the anime.

I cant find a boxset that has all the original anime series so what I'm asking for is can anyone point me to an OVA or anything that tells me the whole story? As in from ken fighting zeed to the final fight with raoh?

looking up on wiki theres loads of dif ovas and movies. I'm trying to figure out the chronological order to the ones most faithful to the manga.

Cheers and thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I'm going to copy from a post I saw yonks ago about the exact same subject on this very forum.

You'd have to have a heart of madness to find what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

SHAZAM!

Some resellers have it, but it don't come cheap.

Though £65 for 109 episodes isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Found that before but...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fist-North-Star-disc-Boxset/dp/B0028P2NNC/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295477952&sr=1-4

Product info says it only has 36 episodes on it. Lotta money for just that.

Surprised theres no reprints of the manga or anything. For something so influential it seems to get feck all notice in europe.

Edit: just noticed it says the total run time is 1200 mins. Is that boxset the whole original arc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Here's a cheaper version and it's 152 episodes!

BOOM!

I buy all my anime off eBay and never had a problem with quality or anything. It's yonks cheaper too :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

its really hard to find. i've both the orig releases and thw re-release from a few years ago. was lucky to find the orig release on a merch stand at a con in chicago after being advised its out of copy now.

seems the orig production company went bust quite a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The funny thing is, I bet you wouldn't have this problem in France.

*edit*

Yep.
    €6.xx per volume

Advertisement