Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitter,Happier, More Productive

• 19-01-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Greetings fellow runners, i decided it was high time i put pen to paper and get the years running goals down, it about all I’ve done so far this year as I’m among the masses of those struck down with the nasty flu going around. Following on from someone else who had the excellently titled 'Everything in its own Pace', another Radiohead title that captures just about everything i want.
    2011 is going to be a busy year, marriage, new job,young lad, and farming to name a few distractions to my running.
    I'm hoping this log will keep me a little structured and by naming out my running goals, some of you might give me advise. Running a few years, started with the marathon 2007, then another when i forget how much it hurt in 2009 in 3hrs 40 min.
    Bought a Garmin 405 last Jan and improved my training, run on my own so learning slowly as i go along, trial and error.
    can’t recall all my PB's but to give you an idea, 10km is 38:30
    ideally i would like to get my 10 mile down to as close as i can to 60 min, know there's another runner here with the same goal so will keep an eye on that. know that's a 35:49 min 10km and that scares me:o
    Spring is also busy on farm so that will count for my core training, but i will try to get out at least 5 days a week for a min of 40 miles
    Wish me luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Greetings fellow runners, i decided it was high time i put pen to paper and get the years running goals down, it about all I’ve done so far this year as I’m among the masses of those struck down with the nasty flu going around. Following on from someone else who had the excellently titled 'Everything in its own Pace', another Radiohead title that captures just about everything i want.
    2011 is going to be a busy year, marriage, new job,young lad, and farming to name a few distractions to my running.
    I'm hoping this log will keep me a little structured and by naming out my running goals, some of you might give me advise. Running a few years, started with the marathon 2007, then another when i forget how much it hurt in 2009 in 3hrs 40 min.
    Bought a Garmin 405 last Jan and improved my training, run on my own so learning slowly as i go along, trial and error.
    can’t recall all my PB's but to give you an idea, 10km is 38:30
    ideally i would like to get my 10 mile down to as close as i can to 60 min, know there's another runner here with the same goal so will keep an eye on that. know that's a 35:49 min 10km and that scares me:o
    Spring is also busy on farm so that will count for my core training, but i will try to get out at least 5 days a week for a min of 40 miles
    Wish me luck!

Best of luck with the log. My advice would be dont just jump into 40 mile weeks build your training slowly and progressively and make sure to spend a couple of weeks just building your mileage to allow your body to cope with the training.
    Some good news for you aswell is your 10k split a little off its more like 37.17 so hopefully that will allow be a little less scared:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RunningBasho

Date|Miles|Ave pace|Time|Remarks|
    1-01-11|6.16|7.20|45:13||
    2-01-11|8.78|6.58|1:01:13||
    3-11-11|8|7.09|57:19||
    4-11-11|||||
    5-11-11|5.67|6.46|38:28||
    6-11-11|||||
    7-11-11|4.08|7.10|29:17||

total miles 30.69

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RunningBasho

ecoli wrote: »
    Best of luck with the log. My advice would be dont just jump into 40 mile weeks build your training slowly and progressively and make sure to spend a couple of weeks just building your mileage to allow your body to cope with the training.
    Some good news for you aswell is your 10k split a little off its more like 37.17 so hopefully that will allow be a little less scared:D

cheers that not as daunting, was going by macmillians running calculator, put in 60 min 10 mile to give me idea of the 10km, but i'll take yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

cheers that not as daunting, was going by macmillians running calculator, put in 60 min 10 mile to give me idea of the 10km, but i'll take yours!

His splits are the times that you should be capable of if you were training specifically for that event so basically its saying if you are well trained and your training was designed for the specifically for 10k as oppose to the split you would have to come through on race day

Here is a site i use to workout splits as well as having some very good information on most aspects of running hope it helps:

http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/racepaces/split?metres=16090&hr=1&min=00&sec=00&gamma=0.5&splits=l&Submit=Calculate

Advertisement