Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is is just me Eircom hang up on?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

breaux wrote: »
    Unfortunately what has happened is the staff you are encountering are agency staff where there is a high turnover and the dedication is not there. They don't have a stake (a shareholding) in the company so the desire to turn things around in the company is not there and as has been correctly pointed out this is the future of the company as they are paid less than permanent staff and don't have the experience so when a query comes in they don't know what to do with the call. So they hang up.

Hi breaux,

Thanks for contacting eircom on Boads.ie

If any problems calling into an eircom department, or if you need assistance calling any of our contact support numbers, please let us know here.

We can check this out, or follow up, if you have any problems contacting our support phone numbers.

All the best,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

just bumped into this thread and it's funny cos I was wondering myself "am I the only one in this case"

I never really received answers to my questions. every time the calls dropped. strange.

I am thinking of moving away from Eircom at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

parazard wrote: »
    No it's not just you. Was moving home and had to cancel eircom toward the end of last year. I called 4 times in one week and my partner did just as many times. I was on hold for almost 1 hour 3/4 times and the call ended up by the agent hanging up. The 4th time I was on hold for 80 minutes when I gave up. Same happened to my partner. This by the way in the middle of packing and moving ... not exactly plenty of time to spare.
    As soon as they heard the word 'cancel' or 'account closure' the line would go. We gave up and had to move without confirmation that the account had been closed. We did all we could also sending a registered letter. In spite of this they are still sending bills to the old address.

Hi parazard,

Managers in broadband technical support advised they do not have a recording of the call. However they did speak with the agent associated to the case reference number you gave and made sure that they were aware that hanging up on customers is not a practice eircom do not condone through any channel and the message is te-briefed across the centres'.

I apologise again for the experience you had. If there is an issue you would rather we look at directly in the future we can defiantly do that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i'm on talktime plus -eircom customer for years

have to say i've noticed this too-agents hanging up without notice

when trying to sort out a problem

and as for that talking robot:confused: -what is the point??

surely it's simpler to press a number on the keypad than trying to get the robot to understand what you're saying

also frequently staff tell me they've changed something or put a 'note' on the account-yet when i check back there is no record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

falabo wrote: »
    just bumped into this thread and it's funny cos I was wondering myself "am I the only one in this case"

I never really received answers to my questions. every time the calls dropped. strange.

I am thinking of moving away from Eircom at this stage.

Hi falabo
    sorry to hear you have not recieved answers to you questions and that you experienced calls dropping.. If you wish I can chase this for you and hopefully get this information for you.
    If you PM me your line no and the queries in question I will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 parazard

Hi Mark,
    thank you for that. First of all it's not A call but several calls made in September 2010 to close the account before moving home. I made about 4-5, was on hold for 30-120 mins for each of the calls and then was hung up on. My partner did the same and eventually we just gave up as we were moving and had plenty of other things to do than get a neck pain from holding the line. Eircom has been keeping on billing us and is now threatening us with lawyers to get us to pay bills for when we were not even living there!
    The reference number I gave is only relating to a call we made at some stage (cos as well as other matters the internet was not even working for weeks on end). Sure you can use it to track calls made in relation to this in September. If not is very dodgy that the calls are not even logged. Go have a look at the calls made from the landline you will see we called the service from it. If they also disappeared you can be assured we have proof from calls made from mobile phones and we also have the copy of the registered letter we sent to close the account so best of luck to you in court.

Hi parazard,

Managers in broadband technical support advised they do not have a recording of the call. However they did speak with the agent associated to the case reference number you gave and made sure that they were aware that hanging up on customers is not a practice eircom do not condone through any channel and the message is te-briefed across the centres'.

I apologise again for the experience you had. If there is an issue you would rather we look at directly in the future we can defiantly do that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,
    thank you for that. First of all it's not A call but several calls made in September 2010 to close the account before moving home. I made about 4-5, was on hold for 30-120 mins for each of the calls and then was hung up on. My partner did the same and eventually we just gave up as we were moving and had plenty of other things to do than get a neck pain from holding the line. Eircom has been keeping on billing us and is now threatening us with lawyers to get us to pay bills for when we were not even living there!
    The reference number I gave is only relating to a call we made at some stage (cos as well as other matters the internet was not even working for weeks on end). Sure you can use it to track calls made in relation to this in September. If not is very dodgy that the calls are not even logged. Go have a look at the calls made from the landline you will see we called the service from it. If they also disappeared you can be assured we have proof from calls made from mobile phones and we also have the copy of the registered letter we sent to close the account so best of luck to you in court.

Hi parazard,

I investigated the query and I apologise that you are not happy with the outcome.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mark

Dear Mark,
    FYI lodged a formal complaint and agent confirmed there was in fact a record of our attempts to get account closed.

Everyone else out there: I consulted with consumers rights association who advised to contact comreg (regulator for communications providers) who then advised me regarding the steps to take. They were very helpful and will take on cases to mediate with provider if there are issues like these. Wish I knew earlier and would have saved myself a lot of hassle.
    Hi parazard,

I investigated the query and I apologise that you are not happy with the outcome.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

DaSilva wrote: »
    The times it has happened to me are exactly like this:

Negotiate the voice menu.
    Wait in queue.
    Phone starts ringing.
    Sounds like phone handset is picked up and put down immediately.

Other times this has happened while being transferred to a different department.
    Talk with rep.
    Rep asks if it is ok to transfer.
    Say yes.
    Hold for a second or two.
    Phone starts ringing.
    Phone goes dead. or like before sounds like handset is picked up and put down.

I used to work for 3G and as such would have to call eicom on a daily basis and this would happen about 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 times i called.

It is no good saying you will have a word with the representatives as this is a daily issue going on for years. An overhaul of your system so that you can identify the member of staff who has hung up a call (without us having to tell you its happened) and a strick disciplinary proceedure for any employees caught. Thats about the only way this wil stop.

I have never experienced this with any other company, just Eircom and I've had one too many jobs where I had to ring up service providers daily and Eircom has by far the worst customer service. I've talked to some lovely and helpful eircom employees, but the bad far outweighs the good.

As a result of calling eircom daily, I'll never use there service, ever. I am with smart and the only annoying aspect of setting that up was trying to get eircom out to install the line (took two months, took a day off and never showed!!). Without sounding vindictive, they are in my opnion, probably the worst run company in ireland with a turnover above 5 mil.

Although I must commend Eircom for using boards.ie, a glimer of light that someone in there has some progressive thinking;).

funkyjebus wrote: »
    I used to work for 3G and as such would have to call eicom on a daily basis and this would happen about 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 times i called.

It is no good saying you will have a word with the representatives as this is a daily issue going on for years. An overhaul of your system so that you can identify the member of staff who has hung up a call (without us having to tell you its happened) and a strick disciplinary proceedure for any employees caught. Thats about the only way this wil stop.

I have never experienced this with any other company, just Eircom and I've had one too many jobs where I had to ring up service providers daily and Eircom has by far the worst customer service. I've talked to some lovely and helpful eircom employees, but the bad far outweighs the good.

As a result of calling eircom daily, I'll never use there service, ever. I am with smart and the only annoying aspect of setting that up was trying to get eircom out to install the line (took two months, took a day off and never showed!!). Without sounding vindictive, they are in my opnion, probably the worst run company in ireland with a turnover above 5 mil.

Although I must commend Eircom for using boards.ie, a glimer of light that someone in there has some progressive thinking;).

Hi funkyjebus
    thanks for posting, sorry you had such negative experiences. We are concentrating on ways to improve our services and as such our being on Boards as well as twitter and our own eircom forum is part of our policy to offer other avenues of contact and support. It has become obvious that a lot of people prefer this option to calling and we hope to be there for these customers.
    Regards
    Tony

• Advertisement

Haha I wonder why that is that people prefer anything BUT calling..:eek:
    Hi funkyjebus
    thanks for posting, sorry you had such negative experiences. We are concentrating on ways to improve our services and as such our being on Boards as well as twitter and our own eircom forum is part of our policy to offer other avenues of contact and support. It has become obvious that a lot of people prefer this option to calling and we hope to be there for these customers.
    Regards
    Tony

Haha I wonder why that is that people prefer anything BUT calling..:eek:

ehmmmm, errrr, it's the the way of the modern world? :D
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suburban guy

I have a complaint to make to Eircom, but am frustrated & p***ed off by the veil that seems to surround the means (if any) by which I can do that. There's an online "query" form but that's restricted to 400 characters, which is too restrictive for my complaint. Any info on how I can go about it? 1901 = no use.

I have a complaint to make to Eircom, but am frustrated & p***ed off by the veil that seems to surround the means (if any) by which I can do that. There's an online "query" form but that's restricted to 400 characters, which is too restrictive for my complaint. Any info on how I can go about it? 1901 = no use.

Hi suburban guy
    If you PM me your details ( tel. no and issue) I should be able to help you on your query.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suburban guy

Thanks Tony, PM sent.

Advertisement