Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant save files to new hard drive.

• 19-01-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey, I got a new hard drive off DX, its a Hitachi Neso 320G. (I dont know that much about computers just enough to get around one :) ) It says to just plug in the USB2.0 cable and I should be able to "plug and play" but when I go to save something onto it or look for it, I cant find the device. I think its working though because the icon comes up to safely remove it and when I checked the properties it said its working. Im totally confused never had this problem before. I read that if they get a bang they can break because its the slim one, the packaging was fairly battered when I got it, but surely then my computer wouldnt be reading it at all?? Please help :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You say 'new' but also 'battered'. Is it new ? Does it have a drive letter e.g. e: in windows explorer / MyComputer ? If so you can check it for errors - right click on disk icon,choose Properties-->Tools tab -->CheckNow

If not, maybe its not formatted. MyComputer right click--> Manage, choose DiskManagement on the left, it should show 2 disks on the lower right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I don't know what DX is.

My guess - the drive is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lukes_Mama

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    You say 'new' but also 'battered'. Is it new ? Does it have a drive letter e.g. e: in windows explorer / MyComputer ? If so you can check it for errors - right click on disk icon,choose Properties-->Tools tab -->CheckNow

If not, maybe its not formatted. MyComputer right click--> Manage, choose DiskManagement on the left, it should show 2 disks on the lower right.

Yeah its new, I got it posted over from china from a site called deal extreme (DX) Everything I ever get from them works and I know plenty of others who get stuff from there site. Problem is when I ordered it, it got stuck in England for ages while the airports were closed so the packaging was in a bad way when I got it. The plastic case was even cracked.
    I checked it already for errors, none were found!
    It doesnt come up in my computer, thats why I cant save anything to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Does DiskManagement see it? If not it may be just a faulty enclosure; you should get one off ebay for less than 10€

Just gona get a mate to have a look at this thread for me and have a look at it, he might understand a bit better than me lol, thanks very much :D

• Advertisement

Got it sorted :) It wasnt formated for windows, thank god it wasnt broken! thanks again!

Advertisement