Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White water

Options
  • 19-01-2011 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

I'm not talking the fun stuff you can raft on. For the past couple of weeks, the fresh water supply where I live (Lucan Village) has been a shade of white, not quite as white as milk but not far off. When left to settle, it clears within a minute or so. I think it tastes a little different too, although this might be psychological. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I'd really like to know whether it's safe to drink as I don't fancy forking out for the bottled variety. I would call the council but I thought I'd ask here first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

air in the system, so lot of little bubbles from what I can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

air in the system, so lot of little bubbles from what I can tell.

Thanks, much relieved, think I'll stop boiling it now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sounds more like an excess of lime rather than bubbles. Should be ok to drink.
    Let us know if you get sick :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

It's air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Ours has been like that for ages (D6W) settles after a min, and defo safe to drink, ive been drinking it the whole time, been like that since xmas (with all the water troubles) tis much better now tho, almost 100% clear. Duno if its air or lime or what but it seems to always happen when theres a break in supply.

Leave a jug out and drink from that... saves waiting on settling time!

ah those vital extra 8seconds...what to do ...! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Thanks all, thought it would be alright to drink but it's nice to be sure.

Advertisement