Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

multiswitch recommendation

• 19-01-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help. Trying to get some info for a mate. He's going to be using a quattro lnb along with a multiswitch. He's looking for a 4 in 48 out switch. Does such a thing exist?

If more than one possibility, which is the most reliable?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

you use 4x Satellite IF amps and four x 4 way Satellite IF splitters to split the 4 x Quattro Sat IF feeds . Then you drive 3 or 4 multiswitches that have 16 outlets.

Up to about 121 multiswitches is easy ;)

All is here. http://www.emp-centauri.cz/

You can get 4 x two way splitters with trunk by pass in one box. You use double ended push on plugs to daisy chain the 4 x trunk outs on one side to 4 x in on next splitter
    Other edge goes to Multiswitch. You can daisy chain eleven splitters without a further amp. The "Trunk" connection is about 1dB loss and the Side connections about 11dB loss.

--> denotes four cables.
    Quattro -->Amp-->Splitter-->Splitter-->Splitter-->Terminations 75 Ohm  (or Splitter or Multiswitch
                      ||||       ||||        ||||      
                    Multiswitch Multiswitch	Multiswitch	  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Watty - thanks for the detailed response.

Just to clarify. I can use these as the 2 way splitters, is that right?
    So then I could use 1:16 multiswitch on each 'splitter' point? I can't seem to find one of these on their site. Can you point me in the right direction?

And also this => Terminations 75 Ohm

Hope this doesn't come across as looking for spoon feeding - but if I don't ask the quesiton, I might end up ordering the wrong kit!

No. those are TV/Sat diplexers to join or separate TV aerial and Sat If

4x Sat IF amps to drive Spitter Trunk, connected from Quattro
    http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=21&id=217
    a_4-4_pus_3.png

For 3 x 16 way multiswitch
    Use two Quad IF splitters:

Feed 2nd splitter and 1st Multiswitch

Then feed 2 & 3rd switches (no terminations needed)

Frequency range 950-2300 MHz
    Tap loss 5 dB avg
    Trunk loss 2 dB avg
    http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=17&id=276
    t_4-4+4_pnn_3.png

Connect up four 5 x 16 Multiswitches.

loss to 1st switch = 5dB
    2nd switch = 2dB on Trunk + 5dB = 7 dB

3rd switch on end of Trunk = 2dB + 2dB = 4dB

Check out their catalogue. They have all kinds of stuff.

if you don't need to add a 4th 16 out switch ever, maybe just 3 of the switches with 4 sat IF loop through.

Also consider if you should not be going for system with 2 x LNBs, or 4 x LNBs option.

If you don't really understand how these things connect or are unsure, seek professional installer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks Watty - exactly the info I was looking for. My mate is up the walls with work right now - but will be coming back to this. As long as he has the right gear ordered up, he will be able to set it up.

If he doesn't know what to order, it's unlikely he knows how to set it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement