Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing cat

• 19-01-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Anyone around the newtown/dunmore road area missing a cat,Im in summer vile avenue. A black cat showed up at our back door last night and has decided to stick around, its probally not at stray. It looks like its well looked after, well used to people, keeps trying to get in the house and keeps crying. So Im thinking it wandered away from its home. Its black, long fluffy hair and is a adult cat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Does it have an foxy patch on its head? Our one went missing a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Try WLR would be my suggestion, it still seems to be peoples first haunt when they have lost a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

cococoady wrote: »

It has brownish patches on the fur around its neck? one of those really furry cats. I havent seen it since this morning but if it comes back ill get a picture and post it.

edit.
    It came back heres a pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a dead black cat that was hit by a car on the pavement at the St. Otteran's end of Grange Park Road, I only had a quick look at it as I was passing so cannot say if it had markings.

It has brownish patches on the fur around its neck? one of those really furry cats. I havent seen it since this morning but if it comes back ill get a picture and post it.

edit.
    It came back heres a pic

Picture isn't showing for me.
    Any chance you can send it to me in an email?

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    There's a dead black cat that was hit by a car on the pavement at the St. Otteran's end of Grange Park Road, I only had a quick look at it as I was passing so cannot say if it had markings.

Ill get herself to have a look. Hopefully it isn't our one

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Picture isn't showing for me.
    Any chance you can send it to me in an email?

yeah no bother sent you a link there

yeah no bother sent you a link there

Na its not her :(
    Thanks for that

Found our one yesterday.
    She ended up in Newrath.
    All the way from kilcohan haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

wow thats mad, when you think of the traffic and the roads, do you think she travelled in an engine? how did you find her?

• Advertisement

Straycat wrote: »
    wow thats mad, when you think of the traffic and the roads, do you think she travelled in an engine? how did you find her?

I sold a broke down car around the same time so i think she might of taken refuge in it. The car was towed away and the place where she was found was where the car was being stored.
    We rang WLR FM when she went missing and they announced it and put it up on their website however no one called about her.
    But the other day one of the DJ's was going through the list again and the woman heard the one that we put up. It matched the cat she had so she rang WLR and got the missus phone no from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Found our one yesterday.
    She ended up in Newrath.
    All the way from kilcohan haha.
    she was probably on her way to Kilkenny 'cos she'd heard there were 4 cats there already and wanted to help make it 5 in a row :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

old gregg wrote: »
    she was probably on her way to Kilkenny 'cos she'd heard there were 4 cats there already and wanted to help make it 5 in a row :p

You'd know it was nearlt that time of the year again :eek:

old gregg wrote: »

Come to think of it, she is black and amber in colour haha

Advertisement