Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cindytalk - Up Here In The Clouds

Options
  • 19-01-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone else been enjoying Cindytalk's latest album Up Here In The Clouds?

Some really nice ambient-static-noise soundscapes. I know a lot of us (me included) tend to dip in and out of individual songs, especially now in the iPod/playlist/shuffle age, but this works really well as an album played beginning to end as a single piece.

I've been a big fan of Cindytalk since I first heard Wappinschaw back in 1995 or so, which I personally reckon is one of the most underrated and brilliant albums ever. But since returning from a very long hiatus, their music has taken quite a different direction from their earlier stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring them up as I haven't seen them mentioned here. Here’s the title track from the latest album from their MySpace* page for anyone that cares to take a peek:

http://www.myspace.com/cindytalk/music/songs/up-here-in-the-clouds-50043356

* By Jupiter, I hate MySpace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Great band and great album. I really like what they're doing on the new stuff, The Crackle of My Soul was superb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

never heard of Cindytalk before just now and enjoying (thanks to the dread myspace). Thanks phutyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Cheers for the recommendation. This stuff sounds great.
    phutyle wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone else been enjoying Cindytalk's latest album Up Here In The Clouds?

Some really nice ambient-static-noise soundscapes. I know a lot of us (me included) tend to dip in and out of individual songs, especially now in the iPod/playlist/shuffle age, but this works really well as an album played beginning to end as a single piece.

I've been a big fan of Cindytalk since I first heard Wappinschaw back in 1995 or so, which I personally reckon is one of the most underrated and brilliant albums ever. But since returning from a very long hiatus, their music has taken quite a different direction from their earlier stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring them up as I haven't seen them mentioned here. Here’s the title track from the latest album from their MySpace* page for anyone that cares to take a peek:

http://www.myspace.com/cindytalk/music/songs/up-here-in-the-clouds-50043356

* By Jupiter, I hate MySpace

Advertisement