Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Ipod +

Options
  • 19-01-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

On the apple website the nike ipod plus gadget, which is a running aid in so far as it hooks up to your ipod and records all kinds of amazing information.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

This product is advertised with shipping for $33 roughly €24. On the Irish version it costs €37.35....

What a farce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

any way of getting this item via the US?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

sigh, I'm not even going to bgother going into the differences with VAT etc etc

Of course if you bother to actually use google you'd find you can buy it from http://store.nike.com for 23e and 6,95e shipping....course I got free shipping on my order so was cheaper then the states :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

any way of getting this item via the US?

Yes.
    Get a flight to the US, fly back.

Although if you may get caught for VAT on the way back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's €29 and maybe €6 for postage. Apple charge on postage for orders under €100

Or instead of coming here with rage you can buy one in a retail shop, I got it last week in Liffey Valley for €25

You can get it next time you fly to the US if the few dollars bother you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

It's €29 and maybe €6 for postage. Apple charge on postage for orders under €100

Or instead of coming here with rage you can buy one in a retail shop, I got it last week in Liffey Valley for €25

You can get it next time you fly to the US if the few dollars bother you so much

dollars bother me?.. who said they did, I believe the forum title is "rip off Ireland" need I say anymore?.. Perhaps your comment would be better suited in the Foreign Exchange or travel forums... :D

In any event I got the sports band version today for €30... So fair play on the €25 :p

Got it from lifestyle sports shop street, Galway reduced from €55..

I told my buddy about it and he asked me to get him one, so i went to the

headford road store of lifestyle sports.. €30 reduced from €49...

Another example of this farcical rip off economy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabaal, I done the google thing, no satisfaction. Vat differences are hardly going to equate to €13.35??????... or do they??????????????? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cabaal, I done the google thing, no satisfaction.

Clearly you didn't, otherwise you'd have compared nike.com to the US as well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dollars bother me?.. who said they did, I believe the forum title is "rip off Ireland" need I say anymore?.. Perhaps your comment would be better suited in the Foreign Exchange or travel forums... :D

In any event I got the sports band version today for €30... So fair play on the €25 :p

Got it from lifestyle sports shop street, Galway reduced from €55..

I told my buddy about it and he asked me to get him one, so i went to the

headford road store of lifestyle sports.. €30 reduced from €49...

Another example of this farcical rip off economy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabaal, I done the google thing, no satisfaction. Vat differences are hardly going to equate to €13.35??????... or do they??????????????? :confused:

VAT in Ireland is 21.5%. In US its 0%. If they did have VAT, the price would be USD 39.93. Add in USD 6 for P&P, and the price is now 45.93. Based on todays exchange rate that is 34 euros.

Add in the differences in minimum wage, business over heads, and you have the difference.

Advertisement